Deployment Schedule 2016-2017. Let the guessing begin

Cruzin-K

Does anybody have any info regarding Harmony immediately before the Oct 23 crossing? I cannot seem to find any ports scheduled but some must be because it's not the beginning of the deployment.

Thanks.

They are currently holding space as Allure for Harmony from Barcelona from Sunday 1 May, 2016 for 7 day cruises weekly calling at

Sunday Barcelona

Monday Palma de Mallorca

Tuesday Marseille

Wednesday Livorno

Thursday Civitavecchia (Rome)

Friday Naples

Saturday at sea

Sunday Barcelona

La Spezia is replaced by Livorno for 2016 season for Harmony vs. Allure 2015.

I checked Celebrity Summit and Grandeur for 5/18 and neither of them are there. I don't know who else uses that pier. I'm still wondering if it's an error. We'll see on the 11th.

The Celebrity Summit will be docked at the pier in Bermuda on 05/18/2016.

Liz, with all the projects I have been getting recently it is going to be difficult to plan so far in advance. I was working in Florida this past week and it was so difficult seeing Oasis from my gate at the FLL airport yesterday and not being able to cruise since Quantum.

I am hoping that they might even have a Harmony pre-inaugural. I really like those short sailings actually when they are available. I was working in France a few weeks ago and am actually booked there in April 2016 again and would like them to offer a 4 or 5 day sailing when they move the ship over to Barcelona, but that is wishful thinking.

If I was seriously considering one of those two though, I would do the TA as I really enjoy re-positioning cruises.

I think the TA would be more relaxing for you...but a short sailing in April would help recharge your batteries :D

I am leaning towards the TA and I know quite a few of the group are thinking the same...we shall see.

Ohh for some Florida sunshine :D

They are currently holding space as Allure for Harmony from Barcelona from Sunday 1 May, 2016 for 7 day cruises weekly calling at

Sunday Barcelona

Monday Palma de Mallorca

Tuesday Marseille

Wednesday Livorno

Friday Naples

Saturday at sea

Sunday Barcelona

Wow so many ports of call but sadly same old same old.

Wow so many ports of call but sadly same old same old.

They have to do so much advance work for each Oasis class stop and their choices are somewhat limited.

Good to see them test GIB and Cartagena on the TA and then with NCL Epic doing Valencia, Tangier, Messina, Sicily, along with Gran Canaria and Tenerife and then adding Funchal, Madeira and Cagliari, Sardinia in 2016, the number of ports in Europe handling megaships are increasing.

With the 4 MSC megaships being built and if Costa go ahead with their 170000 ton ship, it could get really competitive in Europe again soon. I hope RCI can be a part of that growth.

Does anyone have any information on any 7 or 8 day Christmas or New Years Cruises into the Caribbean for 2016?

They will have 15 ships (10 Florida) doing the Caribbean / Bermuda at that time with full itineraries due out on Wednesday.

The ones that have leaked so far are a Freedom, 6 day Christmas on the 24th from PE and then a 8 day New Years on the 30th. Allure does a 10 day Christmas/New Year on the 23rd though.

What about Cartagena? That also qualifies as a distant foreign port.
Don't know about anyone else but yj_eugene's signature really screws up CC om my computer using Chrome. Looks fine in IE though. Edited by FLACRUISER99

Don't know about anyone else but yj_eugene's signature really screws up CC om my computer using Chrome.

Mine as well using Chrome :( Noticed it yesterday but was not sure what happened there. Better now

Edited by emmy

They will have 15 ships (10 Florida) doing the Caribbean / Bermuda at that time with full itineraries due out on Wednesday.

Would the Xmas/New Year not come out in the winter Caribbean deployment in late March (week of 30th I believe)?

Don't know about anyone else but yj_eugene's signature really screws up CC om my computer using Chrome.

Yes, does the same to me! I was the same as Emmy, I didn't realise that was what was causing it!

Edited by Cruisingthesuitelife

Would the Xmas/New Year not come out in the winter Caribbean deployment in late March (week of 30th I believe)?

!

With winter starting the 21st of December, that certainly could be the case.

One could even argue that for RCI Spring/Summer is from April to October and winter is from November to April, but I am unsure as to exactly which sailings they will include.

With winter starting the 21st of December, that certainly could be the case.

One could even argue that for RCI Spring/Summer is from April to October and winter is from November to April, but I am unsure as to exactly which sailings they will include.

I completely agree. I am looking at one that could be considered as either/or, so I better keep my eyes open!!

Thanks

Sunday Barcelona

Monday Palma de Mallorca

Tuesday Marseille

Wednesday Livorno

Friday Naples

Saturday at sea

Sunday Barcelona

Thanks for the quick response.

With the evidence of the Brilliance cancelations in Norway and then the disappearance now of Adventure from most port calendars in Norway, is there any new evidence to support that RCI have not pulled out from Harwich?

http://www.stranda-hamnevesen.no/GeirangerfjordenCPGD2016

I posted a list of ships last week, where my intention was to state that only Ovation and Vision deployments were somewhat incomplete. It appears all other ships have been deployed to the Caribbean, Canada, Bermuda, Alaska and Asia and Australia and Europe.

While Vision is last found at Dubrovnik and Venice in November 2016, is there any evidence that she will head to Dubai or to South America? I guess one of these will have to be dropped as well.

Just as I found that Splendour completely disappeared after Venice several months ago, I am not finding Ovation and she is supposedly being released at the same time as Harmony in April 2016.

The only thing close to Ovation bookings are an Anthem call at Gibraltar on Sunday the 8th of May, 2016 that I had thought was a mistake.

With the keel for Ovation just laid at the end of last week, has it not been 18 months from this date prior to any sailing previously. Would that not push Ovation to sailing first around September of 2016?

Edited by MADflyer

With the keel for Ovation just laid at the end of last week, has it not been 18 months from this date prior to any sailing previously. Would that not push Ovation to sailing first around September of 2016?

I don't see how they could bring out two new ships at the same time, that would mean two start up teams, I think perhaps someone made a mistake when they said April 2016 for Ovation.

They only way they could perhaps have two ships come out at once is if one was going straight to China...so it would have a different start up team...perhaps staff from Quantum would go over to Ovation for the start up as they would have gained experience on Quantum already.

Quantum keel laying was 2nd August 2013 and she sailed her Maiden on 2nd November 2014...so over a year between keel laying and first revenue sailing.

Can't see Ovation being ready for April 2016 with her keel only recently having been laid.

While not wanting to start a big discussion, I felt the Quantum sailed a bit too quickly after delivery, which led to some of the glitches we encountered.

I had always expected Ovation first in late June myself and was surprised by that April date, but now with the keel laying just 4 days ago, it just seems a bit rushed.

If Quantum keel laying to sailing was only 15 months and Anthem was 18 months, why should they be able to do Ovation in 12? I am not sure if they expect to be that much more efficient building the 3rd one.

I think the TA would be more relaxing for you...but a short sailing in April would help recharge your batteries :D

I am leaning towards the TA and I know quite a few of the group are thinking the same...we shall see.

Ohh for some Florida sunshine :D

Here you go, actually a little much for early in the morning :cool:

ry%3D400

Here you go, actually a little much for early in the morning :cool:

ry%3D400

Aren't we blessed to be able to enjoy such lovely mornings.:)

OK, is today the day the new sailings are being released for early winter 2016?

Fingers crossed.

Kathy

While not wanting to start a big discussion, I felt the Quantum sailed a bit too quickly after delivery, which led to some of the glitches we encountered.

I had always expected Ovation first in late June myself and was surprised by that April date, but now with the keel laying just 4 days ago, it just seems a bit rushed.

If Quantum keel laying to sailing was only 15 months and Anthem was 18 months, why should they be able to do Ovation in 12? I am not sure if they expect to be that much more efficient building the 3rd one.

Maybe the whole building process has been sped up. Recall in the Anthem Construction thread that Master Schnief posted a photo of Ovation and Escape blocks being built in Hall 5. Since the building dock in Hall 5 is not being used lately for a new build of that size, its being used to build blocks and store for Hall 6 builds. It is also possible that all the keel blocks for Ovation have already been built but not shipped to the yard yet.

Maybe the whole building process has been sped up. Recall in the Anthem Construction thread that Master Schnief posted a photo of Ovation and Escape blocks being built in Hall 5. Since the building dock in Hall 5 is not being used lately for a new build of that size, its being used to build blocks and store for Hall 6 builds. It is also possible that all the keel blocks for Ovation have already been built but not shipped to the yard yet.

I was thinking the same thing with having the blocks already constructed.

The 2014 annual report listed a spring delivery date and that was only released 2 weeks ago so I would still expect the spring delivery.