Deployment Schedule 2016-2017. Let the guessing begin

Cruzin-K

Ovation from Harwich?? I do not see that happening, rather Navigator or Serenade. But I assume Serenade sailing from Copenhagen, and Navigator from Southampton.

Or we have Ovation and Indy from Southampton, and Navi from Harwich...☺️

Rhapsody, will she sail year-round from PC in the short runs, or from winter 2016?? What about South America?? And Rhapsody won't return to Europe??

I am also wondering what about the 7 night runs from Tampa? Are the nice, appealing itineraries going to disappear and only standard routes are going to be offered???

That 7 night Tampa run is always one of the least expensive in FL, I am not surprised that it is eliminated. Plenty of competition in that market with all older ships.

With the draw that RCI has on their South Florida cruises from South America, I'd be surprised if Vision did not end up there. Dubai was a new offering and I am not sure of the demand... so I could be completely off base here.

After having pretty boring options for years, I like this year's Caribbean deployment... even changing up the big ship itineraries. It is more diverse than years past.

Just a thought, a cruise line would never say its too cold to depart from somewhere like New York right?

While some cruise lines have been experimenting with cold weather sailings for European Christmas Market winter cruises and the like, normally they would only sail from a cold weather home port to then take passengers to a warm destination region.

They would not say that a cold departure port was a problem though.

For Europe then, we seem to have two spare ships and two spare home ports. Is there any possibility that Ovation will sail from Harwich? She is designed for cold weather after all. Or are they going to come up with some completely new routes that they have not done before and drop Harwich? Maybe Vision will be doing the 7 day from Venice runs?

They seem to have split the dates for Europe into two now as well so a bit longer to wait till we have all the answers.

Maybe Ovation could sail from Harwich, but I'm not sure that the dock there can handle ships of her size. The quay is 330 meters long and Ovation is 347 meters (in contrast Brilliance is 292 meters). Granted, I don't know if the quay length is really a limitation on ship size... :confused:

So, with a 15 ship deployment confirmed to the Caribbean, with some doing European repositioning TA cruises and others confirmed as year round along with the Canada/NE deployment of just 3 ships confirmed, along with a 6 ship Asia/Australia deployment most likely, that is 21 of RCI's 23 ship deployment.

That leaves only Ovation and Vision.

There some possibility for Legend to transit somewhere between the May to October Hong Kong bookings as well.

Vision is currently booked on a TA from Tampa arriving first at Barcelona and then on to Venice.

With Rhapsody confirmed at PC at least from November, 2016 and Splendour confirmed leaving the fleet, options are limited.

Do they still send Vision to Dubai at the end of her season as is most likely now or do they try to maintain a South American presence?

RCL's Celebrity Cruises have apparently dropped Harwich. Is RCI doing the same?

If the Adventure and Brilliance bookings all over Northern Europe are possibly Ovation is certainly unclear.

Current Deployment for 2016

Verified Caribbean / Europe (RCI Press Release)

Adventure - Year round San Juan

Allure – Year round Port Everglades

Anthem - Year round Bayonne

Brilliance - TA / Barcelona / Tampa

Enchantment – Year round Miami

Freedom – PC to PE to PC

Grandeur - Baltimore

Harmony – Barcelona / TA / PE

Independence – TA / Southampton / PE

Jewel – San Juan / Panama Canal / West Coast / Alaska / San Juan

Liberty – Year round Galveston

Navigator – TA / Southampton / Miami

Oasis – PE / PC // PE /

Rhapsody – TA / Rome / PC

Serenade – TA / Copenhagen/ Bayonne / PE

Bookings for Asia/Pacific

Voyager – Asia/ Australia/ South Pacific

Mariner - – Asia

Explorer - – Asia/ Australia/ South Pacific

Radiance – Australia / HI/ Alaska / Australia

Quantum – China

Legend – Asia / ???? / Australia

Open

Vision - TA/Venice/ ????

Ovation - no clear indication with any bookings if not place holders.

Has there been a European press release

Maybe Ovation could sail from Harwich, but I'm not sure that the dock there can handle ships of her size. The quay is 330 meters long and Ovation is 347 meters (in contrast Brilliance is 292 meters). Granted, I don't know if the quay length is really a limitation on ship size... :confused:

I highly doubt to see Ovation sailing from Harwich, for the reasons you mentioned.

Also I do not know whether the Baltic ports are able to handle her, Stockholm cannot, for example.

Largest ships sailing such itineraries are Celebrity Solstice Class and Regal Princess, so IMHO Navigator otS would fit for Harwich itinerary. [emoji5]️

IMHO the remaining options for Harwich are Brilliance, Serenade or Navigator, or those cruises will be dropped down fully.

For Southampton I see:

Ovation and Navi

Ovation and Indy

Indy and Navi

Ovation seems to be relocated to Far East, either directly after debut in May, or after Europe season in fall 2016.

Has there been a European press release

The Caribbean deployments and European deployments are always related. When the first official Caribbean Press Release comes out each year it confirms the speculation on Europe.

For instance, the press release confirmed Adventure year round at San Juan, which now makes all the bookings made previously for Adventure in Europe invalid.

Most Adventure bookings were changed out for Navigator months ago in Europe and the press release confirms that Navigator returns to Miami and thus the Southampton to Miami TA is confirmed at that same moment.

I highly doubt to see Ovation sailing from Harwich, for the reasons you mentioned.

Also I do not know whether the Baltic ports are able to handle her, Stockholm cannot, for example.

Largest ships sailing such itineraries are Celebrity Solstice Class and Regal Princess, so IMHO Navigator otS would fit for Harwich itinerary. [emoji5]️

IMHO the remaining options for Harwich are Brilliance, Serenade or Navigator, or those cruises will be dropped down fully.

For Southampton I see:

Ovation and Navi

Ovation and Indy

Indy and Navi

Ovation seems to be relocated to Far East, either directly after debut in May, or after Europe season in fall 2016.

Despite Ovation being added to the Singapore schedule, could she possibly be staying year-round in Europe? Maybe summer in Southampton and winter in Barcelona to compete with NCL Epic? Just a thought...

Despite Ovation being added to the Singapore schedule, could she possibly be staying year-round in Europe? Maybe summer in Southampton and winter in Barcelona to compete with NCL Epic? Just a thought...

Not to exclude, at least... [emoji5]️ IMHO she is much better for winter cruises in Europe than NCL Epic...

Sadly not. :( SERENADE is going to do the 7 night trips out of Boston, no Quebec.

I just can hope that another ship takes over those itineraries and will ne announced later.

Would be very disappointed if those cruises were dropped!! 😡

I'm disappointed there isn't more variety. This year we were hoping to do the 12 night fall foliage voyage they had on Serenade, but couldn't make it fit in the budget until next year. It had 3 stops in Maine (Portland, Rockland, and Bar Harbor) plus Halifax and Prince Edward Island before finishing in Quebec. Guess I won't get a chance to do that if it's only 7 day itineraries on Serenade and 9 days on Anthem for New England and Canada.

There is no port evidence supporting a possible Ovation deployment in Europe yet. It would be great if there would be though.

Ovation to my knowledge was never on a Singapore schedule, but a list of ships that Singapore would like to be put on their schedule in a drop down menu. Barcelona has every ship in the RCI fleet on their drop down, but they have not all called there, for instance.

I know other factors would make it improbable, but when I think of all the air seats flying daily into Dubai with all those Emirates and other regional wide body jets flying in from every region of the world daily, it would just seem that Dubai would actually be open for seasonal expansion.

I am guessing they are leaving South America over to Pullmantur and will stay in Dubai with Vision, but it is hard to know what they are planning with Ovation at the moment.

There is no port evidence supporting a possible Ovation deployment in Europe yet. It would be great if there would be though.

Ovation to my knowledge was never on a Singapore schedule, but a list of ships that Singapore would like to be put on their schedule in a drop down menu. Barcelona has every ship in the RCI fleet on their drop down, but they have not all called there, for instance.

I know other factors would make it improbable, but when I think of all the air seats flying daily into Dubai with all those Emirates and other regional wide body jets flying in from every region of the world daily, it would just seem that Dubai would actually be open for seasonal expansion.

I am guessing they are leaving South America over to Pullmantur and will stay in Dubai with Vision, but it is hard to know what they are planning with Ovation at the moment.

Hmm. So the drop down list that SpringAussie always mentions doesn't necessarily mean that the ship is going there?

Maybe Vision could go to South America, and Ovation could take over Dubai? I wonder if the poor reviews and negativity about the Q Class has something to do with Ovations deployment outside of the US... Or maybe she IS going to Alaska! :p

For Southampton I see:

Ovation and Navi

Ovation and Indy

Indy and Navi

Copenhagen has Serenade weekly and Brilliance visiting regular. It also shows as BoS leaving from Harwich.

Maybe BoS is a place holder for Ovation in Barcelona

Download list;

http://www.cmport.com/ships-in-port/cruise-ships/cruise-list-2015-2016

Copenhagen has Serenade weekly and Brilliance visiting regular. It also shows as BoS leaving from Harwich.

Maybe BoS is a place holder for Ovation in Barcelona

Download list;

http://www.cmport.com/ships-in-port/cruise-ships/cruise-list-2015-2016

The issue would be Venice. I don't think Ovation can dock there?

Hmm. So the drop down list that SpringAussie always mentions doesn't necessarily mean that the ship is going there?

Maybe Vision could go to South America, and Ovation could take over Dubai? I wonder if the poor reviews and negativity about the Q Class has something to do with Ovations deployment outside of the US... Or maybe she IS going to Alaska! :p

Well. I know they like to see these drop down menus as an indicator and I have nothing against using whatever info is out there, but these ports are marketing themselves and trying to attract new itineraries. I just have never put much weight myself on these menus myself.

Well, there is no evidence of a Vision TA yet. I would currently guess Dubai, but who knows with the current situation.

There is one call at Gibraltar in October with 'Anthem' still, but I thought it was just an error, left over from when they had Anthem booked for the whole summer at Southampton.

I just figured out as well that they actually stated in the press release that Grandeur and Anthem Canada sailings were only 9 night cruises and also that Serenade is 7 night Boston.

I wonder if they have variable ports then as they have booked Portland ME on a 14 night pattern and I had been confused by that.

16/05/06 07:00 16/05/06 16:00 Brilliance of the Seas LANGELINIEKAJ Harwich Tallinn

16/05/15 06:00 16/05/15 17:00 Serenade of the Seas Oceankaj Amsterdam Stavanger / Rennesöy / Ra

16/05/18 07:00 16/05/18 16:00 Brilliance of the Seas LANGELINIEKAJ Harwich Tallinn

16/05/22 07:00 16/05/22 17:00 Serenade of the Seas Oceankaj Geiranger Stockholm

16/05/29 07:00 16/05/29 17:00 Serenade of the Seas Oceankaj Helsinki Stockholm

16/06/05 07:00 16/06/05 17:00 Serenade of the Seas Oceankaj Helsinki Ålesund

16/06/07 07:00 16/06/07 16:00 Brilliance of the Seas LANGELINIEKAJ Harwich Tallinn

16/06/16 07:00 16/06/16 17:00 Serenade of the Seas Oceankaj Bergen (Ågotnes) Rostock

16/06/19 07:00 16/06/19 16:00 Brilliance of the Seas LANGELINIEKAJ Harwich Tallinn

16/06/19 09:30 16/06/19 17:00 Adventure of the Seas Oceankaj Oslo Tallinn

16/07/01 07:00 16/07/01 16:00 Brilliance of the Seas LANGELINIEKAJ Harwich Tallinn

16/07/01 09:30 16/07/01 17:00 Adventure of the Seas Oceankaj Oslo Tallinn

16/07/25 07:00 16/07/25 16:00 Brilliance of the Seas LANGELINIEKAJ Harwich Tallinn

16/08/05 09:00 16/08/06 17:00 Serenade of the Seas Oceankaj Fredericia (og Shell-havn Stavanger / Rennesöy / Ra

16/08/13 07:00 16/08/13 17:00 Serenade of the Seas Oceankaj Geiranger Stockholm

16/08/20 07:00 16/08/20 17:00 Serenade of the Seas Oceankaj Helsinki Stavanger / Rennesöy / Ra

16/08/28 07:00 16/08/28 17:00 Serenade of the Seas Oceankaj Kristiansand Oslo

Copenhagen arrivals;

It shows Adventure visiting. Yesterday's release says Adventure will do year round San Juan

Edited by bigeck

Venice for Ovation? No problem

The Quantum class is significantly larger than the Celebrity Solstice or the Princess Grand class. It's 100 feet longer and 40,000 GRT more than Solstice (approx. numbers) and almost 200 feet and 60,000 GRT more than Grand. :eek:

Researching Brazil/Argentina vacations ofr over a year now off and on, I've been watching the Splendour/Rhapsody pricing closely the last two years... Even the 3/4 nighters offered are huge pricing, the 7 nighters from Santos down to Buenos Aires and back are always in the $800-$1000pp for an INT for the most part, priced higher than most all other itineraries in the Caribbean for example. I'd be very surprised if they abandon South America, but from what I can tell Pullmantur doesn't have any shuips down there either next season which is even more surprising. I wonder what's up?

Ovation in Alaska? Only in my dreams but not this deployment I don't think with Radiance & Jewel looking to be a lock

I know it would probably not happen in the short term (if ever) but I would love RCI to announce a new UK home port - LIVERPOOL! :D

That would be the most amazing news!

Debbie :)

that would be amazing as i live there :)

that would be amazing as i live there :)

Edinburgh would be better. With the Open in St Andrews this year. Missed opportunity. Princess is sending the new Royal Princess for the British Isles round trip

The Quantum class is significantly larger than the Celebrity Solstice or the Princess Grand class. It's 100 feet longer and 40,000 GRT more than Solstice (approx. numbers) and almost 200 feet and 60,000 GRT more than Grand. :eek:

Yep, 100ft... measure that out compared to the two end to end Solstice ships with space in between.... those piers are 2000 ft long.

GRT is due to the larger/higher decks etc. Draft is the same as is beam at water line. Q is basically a Solstice Class ship except 100ft longer.

Venice pier is absolutely no problem imho. The issue may be bring her through the canal around the corners, but this could be ok too

DSC00320_zps31784df1.jpg

DSC00332_zpsc6b44f85.jpg

DSC00364_zpsda631789.jpg

Edited by Hoopster95