Deployment Schedule 2016-2017. Let the guessing begin

Cruzin-K

The news of the ship deployment is nice, but people still are clamoring for the actual cruise information rather than just the rearrangement of home ports.

More details in a few days....dropping this info piece at a time. Marketing strategy!

The news of the ship deployment is nice, but people still are clamoring for the actual cruise information rather than just the rearrangement of home ports.

More details in a few days....dropping this info piece at a time. Marketing strategy!

Actually...its a pretty smart approach on their part.

The ship deployments and redeployments is a lot of information to digest. Having the schedules out just a week later give some time to read through the first details on what ships will be where before going through the specific itineraries and schedules - which will be even more detailed information to consume,

But in the end..there's plenty to absorb and also to look forward to in 2016/2017.

;)

Prior to this morning, I read multiple times that Freedom was a "sure bet" for San Juan. It's always kind of funny when they shake things up.

Freedom was never a sure bet for San Juan actually as she was always booked on a conflicting schedule at Grand Cayman and that speculation was based on a few calls at St. Maarten, a port that has not updated for a long time, but for some of us gave clues to the 3rd Florida Oasis ship as it turned out to be the case.

Wow! It's great that we finally have some answers. Some itineraries sound really nice!

I like the Navigator itineraries from Miami.

(Ps.. I said that 3 Oasis class ships will be in Caribbean for the winter 2016 a very long time ago! :p)

And I agreed with you a very long time ago. Good detective work there. I am very happy with their choices, so far.

Radiance of the Seas has just been added to the Port of the Hawaii for a 20 September 2016 arrival and departure. I assume Sydney bound.

I was always confused by this. What had indicated that Radiance would not return to Australia from Hawaii previously?

I was always confused by this. What had indicated that Radiance would not return to Australia from Hawaii previously?

No return booking after Alaska 2016 in Honolulu Ports till now.

Radiance of the Seas name not present on Darwin, Cairns, and some NZ ports for 16/17 at various times.

Radiance of the Seas name appearing on Marina Bay Cruise Terminal website.

Numerous reports from staff on Radiance saying they were off to the northern hemisphere and not returning to Oz for 16/17 season.

Disappointed that Enchantment will be replaced with Rhapsody. I love the stretched pool deck on Enchantment and the layout of the ship. I have not sailed Rhapsody but I have to say Vision was my least favorite ship so far. I thought the pool deck was extremely small and overcrowded. The pool was literally body to body people. I also am not crazy about adding so many specialty restaurants on a smaller ship sailing 3/4 night itineraries. I guess I will try and keep an open mind. Or I will be driving farther to get my Enchantment and Freedom fixes!

Just want to say I love following this thread, and thank all of you who search and report. Still waiting to see if my DH dream cruise is going to be offered summer of 2016 (Stockholm to Copenhagen).

We were on the Navigator of the Seas last week, and I chatted with one of the directors at a local bar. They stated they were informed just two weeks ago, that they would homeport in South Hampton, then transition to Barcelona for awhile, and end up home-porting in Copenhagen.

Had a quick look through and couldn't see that this had been posted but forgive me if it has:

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Deployment/2016_2017/15042681_2016-2017_Deployment_Opening_Schedule.pdf

Looks slightly revised compared to the first one that was released.

Thanks,

Looks like the Panama Canal won't be until the 3rd week. If they do it at the same time as Alaska

If they haven't yet, Oasis is scheduled to on March 23, 2016. (9 night sailing departing 3/17/16 referenced by kruzerci.)

I was on Allure when we docked in St. Kitts in December 2010 on a special 9 night sailing, for the so far only time, therefore I am sure there will be no alternation to that port on the special Oasis sailing. (Don't forget Allure is even longer ;) )

No return booking after Alaska 2016 in Honolulu Ports till now.

Radiance of the Seas name not present on Darwin, Cairns, and some NZ ports for 16/17 at various times.

Radiance of the Seas name appearing on Marina Bay Cruise Terminal website.

Numerous reports from staff on Radiance saying they were off to the northern hemisphere and not returning to Oz for 16/17 season.

Sounds like you might be getting some bigger ships after all

Thanks for the links. So I guess Indy could sail from Southampton and maybe Explorer, Navigator or Mariner (Would love to see Mariner in Europe). Hopefully only a few days of waiting left...

Cindy

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPad met Tapatalk

Unless RCL is planing to deploy even more ships in Asia, I wouldn't be surprised if Ovation will replace Mariner in 2017. It would make sense, as Mariner is due for a extended dry dock at which various adjustments that were done to the ship for the Asian market could be reversed.

Thanks,

Looks like the Panama Canal won't be until the 3rd week. If they do it at the same time as Alaska

I feel your 'pain' in the further delay! I am really hoping for a Pacific Coastal itinerary and know it is likely that will come out with Alaska as it did last year, so seeing it delayed at least another week is :(

I hope we both find what we are after when the deployment eventually appears!

Edited by Cruisingthesuitelife

Just want to say I love following this thread, and thank all of you who search and report. Still waiting to see if my DH dream cruise is going to be offered summer of 2016 (Stockholm to Copenhagen).

We were on the Navigator of the Seas last week, and I chatted with one of the directors at a local bar. They stated they were informed just two weeks ago, that they would homeport in South Hampton, then transition to Barcelona for awhile, and end up home-porting in Copenhagen.

Thanks for the compliment and I will take your Navigator report to add into the puzzle.

We were on the Navigator of the Seas last week, and I chatted with one of the directors at a local bar. They stated they were informed just two weeks ago, that they would homeport in South Hampton, then transition to Barcelona for awhile, and end up home-porting in Copenhagen.[/quote

If port schedules hold, Serenade should be based in Copenhagen and Stockholm. When matching up the Caribbean and Canada info today, it looks like there is no evidence of a Harwick ship doing the Baltic yet, but they do show the Serenade leaving the Baltic, crossing for Canada/NE cruises and then moving down to PE at Ft. Lauderdale for longer southern Caribbean in winter.

They are reporting information directly from the Royal Caribbean press release.