Deployment Schedule 2016-2017. Let the guessing begin

Cruzin-K

Both are great. Vision refurbishment was in October 2013 and Jewel will be out of dry dock and refurbished in May 2016, just prior to this deployment, I believe.

While the Vision schedule looks like 7 night sailings, the Jewel will offer some form of longer cruises. It looks like the both are on variable schedules allowing for B2B sailing.

Europe should be open March 16th. This deployment was a surprise today as they are so close in.

Thanks for the info! Can't wait.

When RCI booked Jewel today with Palma they also added two additional calls of Rhapsody that will be based out of Rome. This includes her TA in late October.

JEWEL OF THE SEAS BARCELONA

(ES) MESSINA

(IT) 14/05/2016

07:00 14/05/2016

17:00

INTERCRUISES SHORESIDE PORT 90090 booking number 648

RHAPSODY OF THE SEAS

CIVITAVECHIA

(IT)

CARTAGENA

(ES)

29/10/2016

07:00 29/10/2016

18:00

INTERCRUISES SHORESIDE PORT 78491 booking number 647

RHAPSODY OF THE SEAS

VALENCIA(ES)

NAPOLES IT)

09/09/2016

07:00 09/09/2016

18:00 PO

INTERCRUISES SHORESIDE PORT 78491 Booking number 315

RHAPSODY OF THE SEAS

LA VALETTA (MALTA)

(MT) EIVISSA * Ibiza

(ES) 01/05/2016

08:00 01/05/2016

18:00 PONIENTE/PERAIRES

(P140) INTERCRUISES SHORESIDE PORT 78491 booking number 646

The Jewel re-deployment is definitely very interesting. Maybe, as mentioned before, Ovation really is going to Alaska... She wouldn't be my first pick for an Alaska trip (I'd prefer a Radiance class ship), but I'm sure some people would love her up there.

There's really only a few places left that Ovation could go if she really isn't going to the Caribbean...

• Asia/Australia
  • Alaska/Australia
  • Europe year round

With a debut in April, could she make it too Alaska in time for the start of the season?

Has anyone found any evidence of Harmony of the Seas promotional cruises before the regular weekly cruises commence.

Do you mean in Europe or at PE?

When they booked Jewel today at Palma and added Brilliance and Rhapsody calls they for some reason adapted one of the Harmony itineraries and changed the order of that cruise and port hours for that one call and at got a new booking number that is consecutive with the other bookings.

ALLURE OF THE SEAS

MARSELLA

(FR)

BARCELONA

(ES)

04/06/2016

10:00

04/06/2016

19:00

PONIENTE/PERAIRES

(P140)

INTERCRUISES SHORESIDE PORT 225282

booking number 645

The Jewel re-deployment is definitely very interesting. Maybe, as mentioned before, Ovation really is going to Alaska... She wouldn't be my first pick for an Alaska trip (I'd prefer a Radiance class ship), but I'm sure some people would love her up there.

With a debut in April, could she make it too Alaska in time for the start of the season?

I guess about a month in either direction for arrival in June. So, a couple weeks late.

I have no opinion either way and Ovation is certainly an option with the movement of Jewel.

There are certain features of Quantum class that would be great for Alaska.

Two70 and Concierge lounge and Conference center with great aft ocean views.

Northstar giving interesting views of glaciers.

Full indoor pool along with enclosed solarium.

Suite enhancements and dining to suit 'west coast' lifestyle with healthy choices and active lifestyle features along with 'upscale' feel to ship.

I certainly feel Radiance class suit any 'destination cruise' in Europe or Alaska.

There's really only a few places left that Ovation could go if she really isn't going to the Caribbean...

• Asia/Australia
  • Alaska/Australia
  • Europe year round

Jewel 'was' not due into Vancouver until May 20th. This is going to get interesting. I have way too many homepage tabs open for this stuff.

Do you mean in Europe or at PE?

When they booked Jewel today at Palma and added Brilliance and Rhapsody calls they for some reason adapted one of the Harmony itineraries and changed the order of that cruise and port hours for that one call and at got a new booking number that is consecutive with the other bookings.

[/b]

I was referring to the Europe season of Harmony for the promotional cruise.

I am thinking Quantum will do Alaska and Ovation will replace Quantum in China based on the Hong Kong schedule.

I am thinking Quantum will do Alaska and Ovation will replace Quantum in China based on the Hong Kong schedule.

Yes, I had thought about that, but found the June date there to be a little late.

I think they will wait to get more exact delivery dates for Harmony, but she sure seems to be coming along well.

I am hoping they do pre-inaugural samplers even prior to her weekly Barcelona deployment, but no port schedules showing her yet.

Vigo had handled Oasis well and would be a natural choice or they could do Rotterdam/Southampton/Vigo/Malaga/Barcelona to take her out on May 1, 2016.

Do you think they will make all the proposed changes to Quantum in preparation to deploy to China and then pull her to be replaced by Ovation? If those Quantum changes are cancelled, then maybe. Thoughts????

Edited by Tall-Cruiser

Do you think they will make all the proposed changes to Quantum in preparation to deploy to China and then pull her to be replaced by Ovation? If those Quantum changes are cancelled, then maybe. Thoughts????

I would also agree that there is no way there are doing $17million in renovations to the Quantum to make her more suitable for the Asian market only to then send her to Alaska.

Thanks for the info. I thought that but wasn't sure.

Just wondering if they send Ovation, will it be a 'round the horn' trip.

I see we are on the same 9/26 cruise??

I think it was the Vancouver to LA roll call I read the info on. I had to cancel that cruise due to the pvsa rulling.

Yes I have a Jewel 9/26. The canal or the horn are only two of three options. They can go through the Suez canal and the East. I would love another round the horn option. Currently booked on a B2B 'round the horn but not sure if I can keep it.:o

Clearance under the BOA can go as high as 205' depending on the height of the tide, so OK for the Quantum and Anthem. Voyager/Freedom have 208' air draft, while that is outside of the present limitations, I think it is close enough that they may be able to make adjustments to a ship that they wanted to transit the Canal to bring it closer to their requirements. The Canal is normally very accommodating granting exceptions to policies when it comes to "delivery" transits. Usually they will allow several "delivery" transits before they require the vessel to comply with the limitations.

Actual factual Quantum dimensions as posted in the Quantum's very own control room

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2147850&highlight=height

The Jewel deployment today....

This S U C K S!!!!! Jewel - PCanal was next on my bucket list for May 2016 right after dry dock. GRRRRRR :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

So no PCanal trips coming for any RCI ships if Jewel goes to Europe :(

I would also agree that there is no way there are doing $17million in renovations to the Quantum to make her more suitable for the Asian market only to then send her to Alaska.

It would make financial sense for RCL to cancel the changes to Quantum and send her to Alaska, and build the Ovation specifically for the Asia market.

Where do you find this Deployment Schedule? Very interested to know if another ship is going to join Radiance for the Hawaii to Sydney route now that Rhapsody won't be doing it anymore.:confused:

Rhapsody isn't doing it this year or next, so I wouldn't count on it. But perhaps one of the Australia ships will come to Alaska instead of a ship running up the West Coast.

They currently have Serenade booked at CPH, Navigator and Indy at Southampton, Brilliance at BCN, Harmony at BCN, Vision at Venice and Rhapsody at Rome. With the addition of Jewel they would be at 8 ships again. They seem to have currently pulled out from Harwich.

While the Vision schedule looks like 7 night sailings, the Jewel will offer some form of longer cruises. It looks like the both are on variable schedules allowing for B2B sailing.

Europe should be open March 16th. This deployment was a surprise today as they are so close in.

Thanks to everyone who has contributed research and ideas to this thread. You are a wealth of information!

I am looking for a Greek Islands cruise in June or July of 2016. During the same timeframe in 2015, Splendour is doing alternating 7-night itineraries out of Venice, and Rhapsody has 10- and 11-night itineraries from Istanbul, a 9-night to Rome, and then alternating 7-night itineraries from Rome.

It appears that in 2016, Vision is likely to have the Venice 7-night. And now Jewel might be a possibility for longer Greek Islands itineraries, correct? I love the itineraries Rhapsody is doing this year out of Istanbul...is there any indication that Jewel might do something similar in 2016? And Rhapsody will be back in Rome--do we know if she will be sticking to the western Med, or might she have some trips to Greece as well?

Thanks for your thoughts. The rest of my spreadsheet has been complete for weeks, just waiting for our Royal Caribbean options so we can make a decision! :)

With my guessing Quantum goes to Alaska and Ovation goes to China is based on Hong Kong Cruise Ship Visits.

Quantum could return to China after Alaska like other companies do on Alaska.

This S U C K S!!!!! Jewel - PCanal was next on my bucket list for May 2016 right after dry dock. GRRRRRR :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

So no PCanal trips coming for any RCI ships if Jewel goes to Europe :(

Same here. I wanted to do it in Oct '16. This will probably be the last chance to go through in the current route before the new one opens

With my guessing Quantum goes to Alaska and Ovation goes to China is based on Hong Kong Cruise Ship Visits.

Quantum could return to China after Alaska like other companies do on Alaska.

I think you're on to something with this idea.

Are you referring to the HK transit entry on June 17-18 2016?

http://www.kaitakcruiseterminal.com.hk/schedule/

Celebrity Millenium runs from Vancouver to Japan and China, so this route would not be new to Royal. Could also cross the Pacific via Hawaii (departing YVR).

Edit: I can't imagine Royal would deploy only Radiance to Alaska. If Jewel really is going to Europe, there aren't many options for Alaska given known deployments and environmental regs/scrubber fitment. And no Panama cruises? That is weird.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by geoff2802

With those Navigator cruises on cruisecal is it possible something else is working those Southampton cruises?

Wouldn't be surprised. Can't seem to find anything on Harwich. That might be dropped and 3 ships sail from Southampton

P&O released Britannia the other day which sails its inaugural on Saturday. Maybe they feel the need to compete.

I think you're on to something with this idea.

Are you referring to the HK transit entry on June 17-18 2016?

http://www.kaitakcruiseterminal.com.hk/schedule/

Celebrity Millenium runs from Vancouver to Japan and China, so this route would not be new to Royal. Could also cross the Pacific via Hawaii (departing YVR).

Edit: I can't imagine Royal would deploy only Radiance to Alaska. If Jewel really is going to Europe, there aren't many options for Alaska given known deployments and environmental regs/scrubber fitment. And no Panama cruises? That is weird.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Geoff those are the dates I was talking about.