Deployment Schedule 2016-2017. Let the guessing begin

Cruzin-K

Geoff those are the dates I was talking about.

I think there has to be something up with Panama. With the new chanel not being ready, quantum won't be able to do that. Brilliance is still showing in the med and with Jewel now appearing its all getting a bit confusing.

Sent from my C6903 using Forums mobile app

I do not want to raise speculation, but they have not booked Vision or Jewel out of the MED yet.

They currently have Serenade booked at CPH, Navigator and Indy at Southampton, Brilliance at BCN, Harmony at BCN, Vision at Venice and Rhapsody at Rome. With the addition of Jewel they would be at 8 ships again. They seem to have currently pulled out from Harwich.

With Jewel being redeployed to Europe, new doors are opening...

If Jewel is booked in Europe, maybe she is supposed to do the 12 night Barcelona runs or the londer runs from Venice, used to be planned for Rhapsody in 2016.

Than new possibilities are:

-->Jewel:

-12 night Med from Barcelona OR

-roughly 7 - 10 night Med from Venice and Rome

-->Brilliance:

-12 night Baltic/North Sea from Harwich

-->Rhapsody:

-roughly 7-10 night Med from Rome and Venice OR

-year-round short runs from Port Canaveral OR

-redeployment to Alaska OR

-12 night Baltic/North Sea from Harwich

If it would happen like that, than the Harwich sailings won't be dropped... [emoji5]

And: the Vision otS call for May 2016 in Rome has disappeared on the Port of Rome website... :confused:

One additional call for Brilliance otS is appering at Gibralter in 2016 - 7th of May 2016, maybe a Western Europe repo from Barcelona to Harwich.

And Jewel otS is apperaing the 10th of May 2016, at Gibraltar.

Edited by celebrity_fan

Geoff those are the dates I was talking about.

Those spurious Royal & Celebrity entries are still in the Sydney OPT calendar (last updated March 10). If Quantum went to Alaska, is a Pacific crossing to Australia in Sep-Oct followed by a repo back to China a plausible possibility?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It would make financial sense for RCL to cancel the changes to Quantum and send her to Alaska, and build the Ovation specifically for the Asia market.

I agree, that would make the most sense!

With my guessing Quantum goes to Alaska and Ovation goes to China is based on Hong Kong Cruise Ship Visits.

Quantum could return to China after Alaska like other companies do on Alaska.

If the planned changes happen, they can't really send her to Alaska. Everything would be written in Chinese and they'd apparently be without a Music Hall. I can tell you one thing, I would not sail Quantum (in Alaska) if she is changed first.

Edited by OfTheSeasCruiser

So, 2 Radiance Class (Brilliance & Jewel) are showing in the Med? Surely one of them will be heading to Northern Europe - making the Harwich/Baltic/Norway itinerary a possibility again.

I was thinking maybe RCI are stalling on this because of the rising unrest in the Baltics. Current prices for the Brilliance 2015 sailings on this route are quite low for 2015 compared to Southampton/Med sailings so perhaps they haven't been selling as well lately. It sounds like they have been a) keeping their options open b) or rethinking the itinerary. Possibly more cruises to Norway and less to Russia? Or sailings round the UK?

In this CC news story they have said Harmony will sail from Barcelona and Rome-

http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=6236

Has this been officially confirmed by RCCL...as in press release ?

You can board in Barcelona or Rome.

Explorer to AK.

jewel 10/11 out of Venice.

rhapsody 7 out of Rome.

Everything else as predicted. I'll get press release posted. If it hasn't already been.

So, 2 Radiance Class (Brilliance & Jewel) are showing in the Med? Surely one of them will be heading to Northern Europe - making the Harwich/Baltic/Norway itinerary a possibility again.

That's what I guess also - Jewel to Med, most liekly on the Barcelona runs for 12 nights, Brilliance from Harwich again.

But CURRENTLY both Jewel and Brilliance are listed in Med in 2016 - Dubrovnik cruise schedule implies that Jewel might sail longer runs from Venice, but maybe also the 12 night Med run will be modified in 2016, with some new ports/port orders.

Wondering however, why Rhapsody has been disappeared from Dubrovnik in 2016??:confused: Maybe she is also an option for the Harwich sailings? or she does the 12 night runs from Barcelona.

Most of waiting time for speculation on that is over - at the lastest, the 25th of March or so, we should know - although I hope that cruisecal.com lists the itineraries a littlebit earlier before official releasing sate besindes RCI... [emoji5].

Wondering however about the Alaska deployment - should Radiance be the only ship offering Alaska itineraries?? :confused:

ROYAL CARIBBEAN ANNOUNCES 2016 EUROPE AND ALASKA ADVENTURES

New BOGO50 offers 50 percent off second, third and fourth guests on 2016-17 itineraries

MIAMI, March 12, 2015 – Whether climbing La Sagrada Familia’s Nativity Towers for an unbelievable view of Barcelona, or dog-sledding atop Mendenhall Glacier for a once-in-a lifetime perspective of the Alaskan wilderness, vacationers will find unforgettable adventures with Royal Caribbean International. The award-winning cruise line today announced new 2016 Europe vacations, totaling eight of the region’s most innovative cruise ships that will sail from six European homeports and call at 80 intriguing destinations in 27 countries throughout the Mediterranean, Canary Islands, Scandinavia and the Baltic. Four of the Europe ships will be new to the region, and Royal Caribbean’s most-anticipated, third Oasis-class ship, Harmony of the Seas, will sail its inaugural season from Barcelona, while Independence of the Seas returns to Southampton as the U.K.’s largest and most favorite cruise ship. Perfect for family travel in Alaska, Explorer of the Seas will make history as the largest cruise ship to ever sail the region, and join Radiance of the Seas for the cruise line’s 27th consecutive season in the Great Frontier. Royal Caribbean’s 2016 Europe itineraries will open for booking starting March 19, 2015, and 2016 Alaska will open on March 26.

As part of all the new deployment openings, Royal Caribbean is announcing a new early booking BOGO50 offer. Vacationers can save 50 percent on the cruise fare of a second guest in the same stateroom with a full-fare guest, when making a new booking aboard sailings departing on or after May 15, 2015. Vacationers also can enjoy additional 50 percent savings on the fare of a third and fourth guest on nearly all 2016-17 itineraries, including the recently opened 2016-17 Caribbean itineraries. Additionally, guests can take advantage of the offer’s buy-one-get-one-half-off the second Premium Beverage Package by noting promo code ‘BOGOBEV,’ and complete their new booking with 50 percent reduced deposits. For more information about BOGO50, please visit http://www.Royalcaribbean.com/BOGO50.

BOGO50 is valid for new bookings, made between March 11 and April 30, 2015, in Oceanview and higher-category staterooms on five-night or longer itineraries. The offer does not include bookings on Quantum of the Seas, Anthem of the Seas, Ovation of the Seas, Harmony of the Seas, and trans-Atlantic, trans-Pacific, and China sailings.

New Oasis-class Vacations from Barcelona

After its delivery in April 2016, the world’s largest and most innovative cruise ship, Harmony of the Seas, will homeport at Barcelona and sail a round-trip, seven-night Western Mediterranean itinerary. Vacationers also can embark Harmony of the Seas at Rome (Civitavecchia), but guests must sail round-trip for seven nights.

Brilliance of the Seas also will alternate 12-night Italian Mediterranean and Greek & Italian Mediterranean cruises.

British and Scandinavian Cruises

The U.K. welcomes back Independence of the Seasin summer 2016. The ship will sail mostly 10- to 14-night Mediterranean or Canary Island cruises from Southampton, while Navigator of the Seas will offer British vacationers a wide range of new six- to 14-night Norwegian Fjords, Baltic, Mediterranean or Canary Island itineraries.

Serenade of the Seas will sail seven-night Norwegian Fjords and seven- to 13-night Scandinavia and Russia itineraries, round-trip from Copenhagen, Denmark, in early summer and August, and from Stockholm, Sweden, in June and July.

Italy and Greece Adventures from Venice and Rome

Jewel of the Seas will alternate brand new 10-night Greece & Adriatic and 11-night Greece, Turkey & Croatia itineraries from Venice, while Vision of the Seas will alternate seven-night Greek Isles and Greek Isles & Turkey cruises. Jewel of the Seas will double the cruise line’s capacity at this unique, iconic and most desirable world-class city.

Rhapsody of the Seas will homeport at Rome (Civitavecchia) and sail nine-night Greek Isles cruises in early summer and autumn months. From late June through August, the ship will alternate seven-night Greek Isles and Greek & Turkey cruises.

Royal Caribbean’s 27th Alaska Season

Explorer of the Seas will be unmatched in onboard amenities when the ship debuts in Alaskan waters. Guests on the ship’s seven-night round-trip itineraries from Seattle, Wash., will sail up Tracy Arm Fjords for an incomparable view of Sawyer Glacier. In September, the ship will sail three Pacific Coastal cruises, seven nights in duration, which feature an overnight in San Francisco, Calif.

For its part, Radiance of the Seaswill alternate seven-night northbound and southbound Alaska cruises between Vancouver, B.C., and Seward. On these itineraries, guests will venture into Disenchantment Bay for a close-up view of Hubbard Glacier.

Vacationers also can choose a wide range of trans-Atlantic cruises, which bookend each ship’s 2016 Europe season and combine Europe and the Caribbean on 13- to 16-night itineraries aboard the aforementioned ships. For their part, Explorer of the Seas and Radiance of the Seas will reposition to Australia, via Hawaii.

Royal Caribbean International is an award-winning global cruise brand with a 45-year legacy of innovation and introducing industry “firsts” never before seen at sea. The cruise line features an expansive and unmatched array of features and amenities only found on Royal Caribbean including, jaw-dropping, Broadway-style entertainment and industry-acclaimed programming that appeals to families and adventurous vacationers alike. Onboard, guests are catered to with the cruise line’s world-renowned friendly and engaging Gold Anchor Service by every staff and crew member. Royal Caribbean has been voted “Best Cruise Line Overall” for 12 consecutive years in the Travel Weekly Readers Choice Awards and “Top Large-Ship Cruise Line for Families” in Travel + Leisure’s 2013 and 2014 World’s Best Awards readers’ survey.

Owned by Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. (NYSE/OSE: RCL), the cruise line sails 22 of the world’s most innovative cruise ships to the most popular destinations in Bermuda and the Caribbean, Europe, Canada and New England, Alaska, South America, Asia, and Australia and New Zealand. Media can stay up-to-date by following @RoyalCaribPR on Twitter, and visiting RoyalCaribbeanPressCenter.com. For additional information or to make reservations, vacationers should call their travel agent; visit RoyalCaribbean.com; or call (800) ROYAL-CARIBBEAN.

# # #

You can board in Barcelona or Rome.

Explorer to AK.

jewel 10/11 out of Venice.

rhapsody 7 out of Rome.

Everything else as predicted. I'll get press release posted. If it hasn't already been.

Great - press release has been out recently, just a few moments ago!! [emoji5]

Interesting to see Explorer heading to Alaska.

And any information regarding Transatlantics on Navigator ots?? [emoji5]

So to sum up for Europe in 2016:

-Harmony: Med from Barcelona

-Independence: Med; Western Europe from Southampton

-Jewel: Med from Venice

-Serenade: Northern Europe from Copenhagen and Stockholm

-Brilliance: Med from Barcelona

-Navigator: Med; Northern and Western E. from Southampton

-Vision: Med from Venice

-Rhapsody: Med from Rome

Quite interesting deployment... [emoji5] - but still wondering why Harwich has been dropped down - and no Québec sailings in 2016... :( :(

Edited by celebrity_fan

Brilliance does appear to do a quicker TA going directly from Gibraltar to Tampa maybe or maybe doing a Coco Cay stop before Oct. 31 arrival at Tampa if that holds. The Key West schedule added one earlier Tampa Brilliance call.

Brilliance appears to do an interesting mix of 'mid-size' ship ports from Barcelona with Marseille, Cannes, Villefranche, San Tropez, Ibizi, Gibraltar, Valencia, Cartegena, Malaga among many others.

Edited by MADflyer

Interesting that Independence returns to Southampton. Can we read that Anthem is not being as well received as anticipated? Of all the RCI classes, I prefer Freedom class!

Longer itineraries from Venice sound good! The one trip I miss is the 7 night Greek Isles from Rome that Navigator used to do, which is now (almost) being operated by the Rhapsody.

Personally I think there's scope to expand ex Istanbul cruises. Turkish Airlines are becoming ever more prominent, making Istanbul increasingly accessible from both Europe and overseas (especially compared to Venice)

Transatlantic Sailings

Serenade Copenhagen to Boston August 28th.

Brilliance Barcelona to PE October 18th

Harmony Barcelona to PE October 23rd

Rhapsody Rome to PC October 27th

Navigator Southampton to Miami November 10th.

Indy Southampton to PE October 30th.

Vision and Jewel Transatlantic sailings are not booked and could indicate Dubai or South American deployments among other possibilities.

The Harmony TA found months ago has now dropped Gibraltar

23 Oct Barcelona

24 Oct Palma de Mallorca

25 Oct Cartagena, Spain

26 Oct to 2 November at sea

3 November arrival at Port Everglades

The Harmony can then start regular sailings from PE on the 5th of November as projected.

I think RCI have gone for 'safer' itineraries for 2016 and placing ships in Central Med are the obvious choice I suppose. Some new ports to spice it all up a bit, maybe a few more Greek Islands would be nice :) Harwich/Russia, for whatever reason seems to be much lower priced than in the past, so I personally believe it hasn't been selling as well as it used to. Navigator and Serenade are covering Fjords and Baltic so there is no need for Harwich anymore.

I was hoping for more from the UK. Are there any ships yet to be accounted for? I can't keep up!!!

Edited by livylotte

Harmony Barcelona to PE October 23rd

The Harmony TA found months ago has now dropped Gibraltar

23 Oct Barcelona

24 Oct Palma de Mallorca

25 Oct Cartagena, Spain

26 Oct to 2 November at sea

3 November arrival at Port Everglades

The Harmony can then start regular sailings from PE on the 5th of November as projected.

Oh pants, I was so hoping Gib would stay on the Harmony TA itinerary ...och well nevermind...still going to book her TA ...whenever booking opens :D

Thanks Brad for all your hard work on this, very much appreciated :D

Oh pants, I was so hoping Gib would stay on the Harmony TA itinerary ...och well nevermind...still going to book her TA ...whenever booking opens :D

Thanks Brad for all your hard work on this, very much appreciated :D

That itinerary is not set in stone until released of course.

I think that will be a great sailing no matter what the itinerary.

With the press release and the mad last minute bookings yesterday, it looks like they should make next weeks release date.

That itinerary is not set in stone until released of course.

I think that will be a great sailing no matter what the itinerary.

With the press release and the mad last minute bookings yesterday, it looks like they should make next weeks release date.

I don't care what the itinerary is really....just want to book it and get on her :D

Though it would be nice if they did add Gib back in.

I wonder if the Transatlantics will go on sale next week or perhaps they will be with the additional Med sailings due to be open for booking the following week.:confused: