Deployment Schedule 2016-2017. Let the guessing begin

Cruzin-K

Not a fan of the switch from 7 nights to 5 nights for Grandeur to Bermuda.

I get RCI not wanting to compete with Celebrity out of Bayonne on the 7 night Bermuda runs, but I think it's just odd that they aren't offering them at all? Made sense to have then out of Baltimore.

I get RCI not wanting to compete with Celebrity out of Bayonne on the 7 night Bermuda runs, but I think it's just odd that they aren't offering them at all? Made sense to have then out of Baltimore.

Yeah, nothing 7 days between May and Oct of 16. Was hoping for them to continue the 7 days; was looking forward to the more than 2 days in port; in at 1:30 and out then next day at 2:30 really cuts down on the options of things to do.

We wanted to book out of San Juan for Oct. 2016. I am Happy 8 day on The Adventure Oct. 8-16, 2016. Junior Suite 7694 $3100!:D

I have a courtesy hold on the same cruise - looks like a great itinerary. I've been wanting to go back to Bonaire.

Watch 48 - 50 mins as the captain explains why he could not take Quantum of the Seas into Miami.

Port of Miami is completing a deep dredge project in July of 2015... depth goes from 42 to 50-52 feet. Not sure if this is just for the cargo (south) channel or not.

Still do not see Ovation in Miami, but they should be able to accommodate.

Edited by kkorman

Sorry, I have been looking for the PDF that Royal sent out about upcoming cruise release dates for 2016-2017 cruises. Could someone provide me with the link? I know they are releasing some today, but I am interested in the longer 10+ nights in the Caribbean.

Thanks you for your assistance!!!:D

Edited by ltjn

Sorry, I have been looking for the PDF that Royal sent out about upcoming cruise release dates for 2016-2017 cruises. Could someone provide me with the link? I know they are releasing some today, but I am interested in the longer 10+ nights in the Caribbean.

Thanks you for your assistance!!!:D

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Deployment/2016_2017/15042681_2016-2017_Deployment_Opening_Schedule.pdf

The Jewel of the Seas has just been booked today from May 2016 in Europe.

So far she is found entering the MED on the 10th of May, 2016 at Gibraltar.

She sails to Barcelona and then on to Palma on the 14th of May. She is at Messina Sicily on the 16th of May. Kotor on the 17th and Dubrovnik on the 18th and then on to Split.

She also appears on the Dubrovnik port schedule and replaces not only calls there from May for Rhapsody, but also has calls monthly at Dubrovnik through September.

She may do long cruises from Venice or some sort of sailing with a Venice home port only at embarkation or disembarkation and alternating with another MED port.

Vision, Rhapsody and Brilliance are currently still holding MED bookings, except for Rhapsody being pulled out of Venice and Dubrovnik.

Edited by MADflyer

Not a fan of the switch from 7 nights to 5 nights for Grandeur to Bermuda.

I didn't think I would go back to Bermuda but went ahead this morning and reserved a GS on Anthem for Oct 2016. It wasn't that much more than the 5-nite for Grandeur. I really want to try the big ship!

She sails to Barcelona and then on to Palma on the 14th of May. She is at Messina Sicily on the 16th of May. Kotor on the 17th and Dubrovnik on the 18th and then on to Split.

She also appears on the Dubrovnik port schedule and replaces not only calls there from May for Rhapsody, but also has calls monthly at Dubrovnik through September.

She may do long cruises from Venice or some sort of sailing with a Venice home port only at embarkation or disembarkation and alternating with another MED port.

Vision, Rhapsody and Brilliance are currently still holding MED bookings, except for Rhapsody being pulled out of Venice and Dubrovnik.

So do you think that her TA from Brazil to Barcelona gets cancelled and she goes from Brazil to Port Canaveral instead?

So do you think that her TA from Brazil to Barcelona gets cancelled and she goes from Brazil to Port Canaveral instead?

So far the only Rhapsody calls that have been removed are at Venice and Dubrovnik.

Normally when they are working with a cruise they change it over to NA. I notice the Rhapsody TA is still open for sale.

I actually thought of booking it with that change speculation.

It may be as simple as they have decided to take her directly to Rome from Barcelona.

With Vision and Jewel at Venice, they could send one to Dubai and the other to Brazil.

They already stated in last weeks press release though that Jewel would winter in San Juan, so I am not sure.

Ovation has to be involved in this shift somehow I would imagine as she is the only ship not showing on port schedules for clear deployement.

So far the only Rhapsody calls that have been removed are at Venice and Dubrovnik.

Normally when they are working with a cruise they change it over to NA. I notice the Rhapsody TA is still open for sale.

I actually thought of booking it with that change speculation.

It may be as simple as they have decided to take her directly to Rome from Barcelona.

With Vision and Jewel at Venice, they could send one to Dubai and the other to Brazil.

They already stated in last weeks press release though that Jewel would winter in San Juan, so I am not sure.

Ovation has to be involved in this shift somehow I would imagine as she is the only ship not showing on port schedules for clear deployement.

I haven't followed any of the European sailings but would it be possible for Ovation to take over Rhapsody's bookings/itineraries.

With some of the changes that have happened to the repositioning cruises I have also thought about booking in the hopes that it would be cancelled and picking up an OBC to be used on another sailing.

She is still showing calls in Los Angeles in the fall. I wonder if RCI will put Rhapsody or another ship on the West Coast for Alaska and then substitute her for Jewel? I will be disappointed if not.

Edited by critterchick

She is still showing calls in Los Angeles in the fall. I wonder if RCI will put Rhapsody or another ship on the West Coast for Alaska and then substitute her for Jewel? I will be disappointed if not.

I may be wrong, but I thought that the Radiance class ships were the only ships Royal had that could meet the emissions requirements for Alaska now.

The changes all happened within the past 5 hours at the various European port schedules. It is a re-deployment.

That sounds to me like Jewel may be doing the 12 night from Barcelona which Serenade has done for the last couple of years. I really hope so, that's been one of our favourite itineraries and we love Radiance class ships. Would definitely be interested in that for summer 2016.

The changes all happened within the past 5 hours at the various European port schedules. It is a re-deployment.

I seem to remember someone mentioning that Ovation was booked into an Asian port sometime in the spring. Could she make her way to Alaska this way as opposed to through the canal?

Could Ovation be going to Alaska?

There has been discussion about that earlier.

There are many possibilities and that is among them.

It would have to involve a new ship or one of the Asia/Pacific ships, I guess.

Jewel was already among one of the 15 ships designated for Caribbean deployment and might still winter in San Juan. There are only 6 ships not already deployed.

That sounds to me like Jewel may be doing the 12 night from Barcelona which Serenade has done for the last couple of years. I really hope so, that's been one of our favourite itineraries and we love Radiance class ships. Would definitely be interested in that for summer 2016.

Brilliance is booked for this one right now.

Brilliance bookings at Funchal, Gibraltar, Riviera ports, Palma among others remain even after Jewel was added today.

Jewel is booked at least once a month into Venice and Dubrovnik from May to September.

I may be wrong, but I thought that the Radiance class ships were the only ships Royal had that could meet the emissions requirements for Alaska now.

I had heard that as well.

RCI did announce a program a couple months ago where more of their ships would meet the Alaska and Scandinavian requirements.

http://www.environmentalleader.com/2014/12/23/royal-caribbean-cruises-toward-emissions-standards/

The article does state that Quantum Class and TUI Mein Schiff 3 on would be the first ships to meet the standards directly.

I had heard that as well.

RCI did announce a program a couple months ago where more of their ships would meet the Alaska and Scandinavian requirements.

http://www.environmentalleader.com/2014/12/23/royal-caribbean-cruises-toward-emissions-standards/

The article does state that Quantum Class and TUI Mein Schiff 3 on would be the first ships to meet the standards directly.

So that makes Ovation a possiblity in Alaska. Interesting.

Since Ovation cannot transit the current canal, an Alaska deployment would probably imply an Australia or Asia deployment too.

Edited by clarea

This is depressing....except if they offer a longer cruise that will actually stop in Sicily more than once during the season.

The word you really wanted to use was 'pissed'. Me too. This news (if true) has already put a damper on my day. My comment above regarding Sicily would be the only saving grace if Jewel or Vision did it. Vision has been sort of a wild card for the last couple of years. Regarding Ovation, DW would get on a Quantum class ship ONLY if it sailed out of the west coast. Based on past practice of the line, I'll end up disappointed, and end up on Azamara or Oceania.

Edited by Piepkorn