BOGO WILD OFFER Starting Saturday

Mott1086

We are sailing on the FOS on 3/13/16...a week after you. The price is now $800 more overall for a JS than when we booked. Seems like the good rates only existed on BOGO when it first came out...we booked in May of last year.

Same here - personally I love these constant sales. Every time they change it, the actual price goes up a little bit and I save a bit more money by having booked last May :D

When BOGO first came out we got some really good prices. We had 1 cruise booked and switched it to BOGO and booked 3 more. Even with all the restrictions the prices were nothing near what we've previously paid. But over time I've watched the prices creep up and up. Now the prices don't seem to be any different then before all the sales started....with more restrictions.

Same with me I going to hold my comment until tomorrow, because last year when this thing started, it was a great deal. I don't know if it was a pricing error but we jumped on it and it was a ton of saving on my last few cruises. Then as it kept going the prices went up, up and up. I have been watching for a time in July and I'm very familiar with what the price is now and what it was 6 months ago since I check every other day it seems and if the prices at least go back to what they were 6 months ago, I will be a buyer and if they go back to what they where almost a year ago, I will be a buyer of a couple of cruises. If not I will be a buyer on another cruise company becuase their rate is $1000 lower.

WooHoo...I guess I'll have to drop everything and rush to my computer to book that good of a deal ;) Are they nuts? Increase the price of the second passenger by 50% and then think anyone will fall for "free" drinks.

I too am extremely tired of RCL's marketing department insulting me by offering a 50% off rate but jumping the price up first to give me my "discount". I emailed Mr. Goldstein about their pricing schemes and I got a call back from an executive customer service representative and he basically told me that rarely does anyone complain about it so they didn't see it as a big deal. I cancelled my already booked cruise with them and booked on another line and saved money.

he basically told me that rarely does anyone complain about it so they didn't see it as a big deal. quote]

You know, therein lies the problem. Probably because nobody does what YOU did, which is to let them know in writing. Then vote with your feet by "walking" to another cruiseline. It won't affect RCI until it hits them in the pocket. :(

Same with me I going to hold my comment until tomorrow, because last year when this thing started, it was a great deal. I don't know if it was a pricing error but we jumped on it and it was a ton of saving on my last few cruises. Then as it kept going the prices went up, up and up. I have been watching for a time in July and I'm very familiar with what the price is now and what it was 6 months ago since I check every other day it seems and if the prices at least go back to what they were 6 months ago, I will be a buyer and if they go back to what they where almost a year ago, I will be a buyer of a couple of cruises. If not I will be a buyer on another cruise company becuase their rate is $1000 lower.

When the deal first came out last year with the great prices, was it the first time they released those dates? Or was it a new deal on already released dates?

When the deal first came out last year with the great prices, was it the first time they released those dates? Or was it a new deal on already released dates?

It was on previously released dates. Even though the fine print of the sale said "for new bookings only", many were able to get their existing bookings repriced. Some people saved quite a bit of money. I was lucky enough to be part of that group.

Edited by TheInnocentAge

It was on previously released dates. Even though the fine print of the sale said "for new bookings only", many were able to get their existing bookings repriced. Some people saved quite a bit of money. I was lucky enough to be part of that group.

Fingers crossed it happens again then. Nothing to lose. Either better deal (drink or 50% off) or stay with what you have.

Waiting to see if new buy one/ get one 50% & $200.00 obc is combinable with Crown & Anchor. Current 1 & 1/2 off is combinable but OBC of $200.00 is not.

Brilliance 10 day for Jan , my diamond C&A for 10 day and above is 325.00 so losing out using current deal. Bob The Villages

I wonder if there is a price drop later and you take it if you loose the drink package and OBC?

I am betting it would. It seems with any price change (up or down) the booking is re-priced. If the "sale" is no longer valid you would go with the new pricing/amenities.

I wonder if there is a price drop later and you take it if you loose the drink package and OBC?

If there is a price drop you will be subject to whatever the price is that day and also whatever promotion they may or may not have that day as well.

So yes you could lose both.

This is getting to be a joke at this point. Are people seriously going to fall for this garbage?!
The sad part is that RCCL are far from the worst of the lot at this. I don't think Oceania has EVER sold a cruise that was not only "2 for 1" (100% [not 50%] off on the second person) AND $N thousands additional off. And don't forget Oceania's FREE airfare (but if you decline it, they will reduce the price of the cruise:rolleyes:). I recently got an ad from Oceania with a special offer for a cruise that was leaving in only four weeks - and it included an "Early Booking Discount".:confused: Viking River Cruises also doesn't seem to have ever sold a cruise other than via "2 for 1" sales.

Oceania and Viking offer good products, but their sales approach is appalling. I actually told the Oceania on-board sales associate that I questioned sailing with them again if their customers (the people I would be sailing with) were stupid enough to believe their "sales".

Thom

So I think I'm missing something. None of you're happy with the cruise line and the deals? But most of you have cruises booked?

if you want a merchant to change the way it does business the best thing to do is take your cash someplace else. Generally that gets a lot more attention than words

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It's working with the code BEVERAGE now

I can enter BEVERAGE, but all it does is raise the price $500.

I made a dummy booking, went all the way to the pay screen and it did not show drink package included. It did show the stateroom credit.

Doing it again, without the code, it was $500 cheaper.....

I can enter BEVERAGE, but all it does is raise the price $500.

I made a dummy booking, went all the way to the pay screen and it did not show drink package included. It did show the stateroom credit.

Doing it again, without the code, it was $500 cheaper.....

I'm curious if the $500 is less expensive than manually adding beverage packages to your cruise without using the BEVERAGE code.

I'll bet Ellen is doing the math right now!

Edited by clarea

I'm curious if the $500 is less expensive than manually adding beverage packages to your cruise without using the BEVERAGE code.

I should add, without the package, the price has increased from when I first booked ( about $400 more) . I noticed this change a few weeks ago.

Edited by son3cruisers

Too much math for me

Edited by molly361

You know me so well:)

7 night FOS without logging in for 2 is

$2086 with $200 OBC and no discounts

$2711 with $200 OBC and the beverage package

Difference is $635 less the $200 OBC= Beverage package for 2 for 7 days comes to $435- That's less than the Premium package for 7 days I believe:rolleyes: I think the package is around $50 pp or $100 day x 7=$700

This is too much math for me!!!

Edit- Same cruise with no OBC or package incl our balcony discount is $1836

Where are you seeing confirmation of free drink package except in the price? I see none.