Nov 2016 Caribbean Deployment

81Zoomie

Certainly no official knowledge here, but with the arrival of the Koningsdam, I think there will be some ships doing itineraries that they have not done before. Also, the debut of the new port Amber Cove may result in some different itineraries.

In my opinion, HAL has needed to shake up fleet deployment and their offered itineraries for several years. I hope the new ship will provide for that opportunity.

• 1 month later...
Schedule from the HAL blog. At the bottom they say open for booking in April.

http://www.hollandamericablog.com/2015/04/06/koningsdam-to-explore-the-caribbean-on-diverse-cruises-in-2016-2017/

Roy

Interesting, I just got done chatting with a HAL agent who said, "Since the Koningsdam is committed to Europe until October of 2016 when she transits over to the Caribbean, we most likely won't have that itinerary available until we release our 2016-2017 Cruise Atlas, which will be this fall, most likely in September or October."

Now I will be obsessively checking from now until October! :mad:

Interesting, I just got done chatting with a HAL agent who said, "Since the Koningsdam is committed to Europe until October of 2016 when she transits over to the Caribbean, we most likely won't have that itinerary available until we release our 2016-2017 Cruise Atlas, which will be this fall, most likely in September or October."

Now I will be obsessively checking from now until October! :mad:

I got the same answer when I called HAL...I already have my cabin selection picked, itinerary, bag packed (in my head) and ready to go;)

Roy:

They asked and you came up with the answer! Good job!

Father, it was actually InTheWASide who came up with the answer; I was glad to be able to remember what he came up with and repost it.

I also have an interest in this. I have 2 long Crystal cruises booked that did not leave much time for other cruise lines. Right now my August Cruise on the Maasdam is my last HAL booking.

I'm booked on a Crystal World Cruise segment in Buenos Aires on 3/3/17. I've been thinking I do not want to fly from Baltimore anytime near the cruise and thought of doing a cruise out of Florida beforehand so I would be flying from Miami instead. I was also interested in the Konigsdam's solo cabins. I'd fly a couple of days before the Florida cruise because missing the ship would be unfortunate but not a disaster. It looks like the best fit would be the 10 day cruise on February 19 which would end March 1.

I'm seriously interested in this and will likely book it in May when I'm on the Prinsendam.

Roy

Father, it was actually InTheWASide who came up with the answer; I was glad to be able to remember what he came up with and repost it.

I also have an interest in this. I have 2 long Crystal cruises booked that did not leave much time for other cruise lines. Right now my August Cruise on the Maasdam is my last HAL booking.

I'm booked on a Crystal World Cruise segment in Buenos Aires on 3/3/17. I've been thinking I do not want to fly from Baltimore anytime near the cruise and thought of doing a cruise out of Florida beforehand so I would be flying from Miami instead. I was also interested in the Konigsdam's solo cabins. I'd fly a couple of days before the Florida cruise because missing the ship would be unfortunate but not a disaster. It looks like the best fit would be the 10 day cruise on February 19 which would end March 1.

I'm seriously interested in this and will likely book it in May when I'm on the Prinsendam.

Roy

I hope it all works out for you, my friend!

Anxiously awaiting to be able to book the new Konsingdam in the Caribbean.

I'd like to see more chatter on here about these ports. The 11 day sounds interesting and I have not been to some of those ports - Philipsburg, St. Lucia, Barbados, Martinique & St. Kitts Basseterre and the sailing past Mount Pelee Volcano. Anyone been on this itinerary?

Also, the ten day sounds nice (ABC islands) although we have done this cruise on the Noordam, I wouldn't mind going back.

Let's get some excitement going about the new ship and the Caribbean!!!

I'd like to book the day it comes out!

I'd like to see more chatter on here about these ports. The 11 day sounds interesting and I have not been to some of those ports - Philipsburg, St. Lucia, Barbados, Martinique & St. Kitts Basseterre and the sailing past Mount Pelee Volcano. Anyone been on this itinerary?

Also, the ten day sounds nice (ABC islands) although we have done this cruise on the Noordam, I wouldn't mind going back.

We did a 14 day on the Maasdam three years ago. It had the added benefit of St. Barts and all three of the ABC islands. It's a great itinerary. If you book it, I'm sure you'll have a great time.

The hype is on waiting for Koningsdam to take bookings. Already have a countdown clock going in anticipation!!! We just moved (100 miles) which is still an ordeal and expense especially with fixing up the new place. Either the Princess French Polynesia cruise had to be cancelled or land trips to Arizona and Maui. Princess lost.

Went long skirt shopping for two Cino de Mayo parties and found a nice selection that screamed Mexico. But one was a different pattern with beautiful blue colors that screamed Caribbean. It's in my closet now.

Still need to check out the deck plans to select a few staterooms. Wonder what the real difference is between a standard balcony stateroom and vista. Figure the Signature Suites will be scooped up immediately with so few (14 I believe with 2 being Spa Signature Suites). Oh well...as long as we get a balcony.

Like the 11-night cruise because it has a mix of many common Caribbean ports. We've always heard of these particular ones and have wondered what they're like and what's to do.

QUESTION: Anyone know how long passports have to be valid for the Caribbean? Ours will expire 7 months after the cruise. Seem to think that some countries require yours don't expire close to the start/end dates of travel.

Thanks.

The hype is on waiting for Koningsdam to take bookings. Already have a countdown clock going in anticipation!!! We just moved (100 miles) which is still an ordeal and expense especially with fixing up the new place. Either the Princess French Polynesia cruise had to be cancelled or land trips to Arizona and Maui. Princess lost.

Went long skirt shopping for two Cino de Mayo parties and found a nice selection that screamed Mexico. But one was a different pattern with beautiful blue colors that screamed Caribbean. It's in my closet now.

Still need to check out the deck plans to select a few staterooms. Wonder what the real difference is between a standard balcony stateroom and vista. Figure the Signature Suites will be scooped up immediately with so few (14 I believe with 2 being Spa Signature Suites). Oh well...as long as we get a balcony.

Like the 11-night cruise because it has a mix of many common Caribbean ports. We've always heard of these particular ones and have wondered what they're like and what's to do.

QUESTION: Anyone know how long passports have to be valid for the Caribbean? Ours will expire 7 months after the cruise. Seem to think that some countries require yours don't expire close to the start/end dates of travel.

Thanks.

I'm with you. No cruises on the horizon for us except the new Konsingdam. Already thinking about new and existing clothes I have for this cruise and the ship is still under construction. Crazy!!!

Let's get this hype going, even if it's just you and I. I am eager to talk about it since there is very little information out about the ship. We are thinking about booking an inside room (never had an inside) and renting a cabana for the week. We rented a cabana on our last HA cruise and it was wonderful. Anxious to see about the pricing. We always talk about an inside to save money but always end up with a balcony.

I'm with you. No cruises on the horizon for us except the new Konsingdam. Already thinking about new and existing clothes I have for this cruise and the ship is still under construction. Crazy!!!

Let's get this hype going, even if it's just you and I. I am eager to talk about it since there is very little information out about the ship. We are thinking about booking an inside room (never had an inside) and renting a cabana for the week. We rented a cabana on our last HA cruise and it was wonderful. Anxious to see about the pricing. We always talk about an inside to save money but always end up with a balcony.

I'm with you. Lets get the ball rolling on this.

Think I'll check on shore excursions under HAL's master list with the understanding that they're all the possibilities for each port, but not all of the excursions are offered on every cruise. I'll work on this over the weekend. In the meantime I need to select some cabins and have my list ready.

We had a Lido Cabana on the Nieuw Amsterdam and loved it. The 11-night Konningsdam is pretty port-intensive with 6 in a row. We'll pass on a cabana for this cruise. Figure we'll be kept busy with the ports and exploring and getting active with the shipboard experience. The whole Music Walk sounds fabulous and can't wait to see the World Theater. One thing we really don't understand is the Lido Buffet change. Can we still get a whole breakfast and lunch and if necessary dinner.

Gotta go...back later.

Andrea

I'm with you. Lets get the ball rolling on this.

Think I'll check on shore excursions under HAL's master list with the understanding that they're all the possibilities for each port, but not all of the excursions are offered on every cruise. I'll work on this over the weekend. In the meantime I need to select some cabins and have my list ready.

We had a Lido Cabana on the Nieuw Amsterdam and loved it. The 11-night Konningsdam is pretty port-intensive with 6 in a row. We'll pass on a cabana for this cruise. Figure we'll be kept busy with the ports and exploring and getting active with the shipboard experience. The whole Music Walk sounds fabulous and can't wait to see the World Theater. One thing we really don't understand is the Lido Buffet change. Can we still get a whole breakfast and lunch and if necessary dinner.

Gotta go...back later.

Andrea

WOW ... you mean business! You've even picked out your cruise and got your countdown started, I'm impressed!!

We are not sure which cruise we will take. I originally wanted to go on the 1st 10 day cruise but that gets us flying back during the busy Thanksgiving season and Christmas is a BIG time for my Ebay business so we are looking at Jan. Feb. or March. We are pretty much open to any time. Just waiting for the prices to come out and then we will pick.

I haven't read up on anything about the cruise so not sure what changes you care talking about for the Lido. Also, explain music walk and World Theater.

Getting excited!