Allure - Any Shows you Skip?

LuCruise

For those on the Allure, do you see every show or do you skip some? I've only been on 3 cruises before (see my signature), but on all of those, every night we went to dinner followed by a show. On Allure, I know it's not necessarily like that and you have to pre-book the shows. But even with pre-booking, there is not a show every night unless you repeat one.

I can see us seeing everything but the Comedy show...but only becasue we're coming with our kids. (If just DH and I, then we'd go). How about others? Do you book everyone or skip some? And if skip, which ones?

PS - Of the remaining ones, I'm most excited about the Broadway musical and the Aqua show.

Hi Lucruise,

Just finished a B2B on the Allure. We pre-booked all the shows and I would personally say that all of the big production shows are a must at least once. I personally loved Oceanaria and Ice Games. Saw both those shows twice and were different both times as there's so much going on that we missed in the first viewing!

Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This summer on Allure is only our second cruise (and first on Allure), so I booked shows for pretty much every night after dinner (we have the late seating, so most showtimes are 10:30 or 11pm). I don't know if we'll be up late enough to see them all, but I figured I was better off with the reservations now and then trim off those we might not make it to.

Our first cruise, on Freedom, I was surprised how much my boys (7 and 12 at the time) enjoyed the shows. Luckily we didn't have to plan in advance with FOS, because I probably wouldn't have booked as many shows as we went to. Actually, the one night when there wasn't a show in the main theater, the boys were so disappointed.

Oh, to answer your question - the comedy show is the only thing I don't have booked right now. For the same reason as you - going with kids (now 14 and 9).

Edited by soccerdad72

I dont know but if I went on the Allure again i would skip "Chicago" Phew i could barely stay focused watching that one. That was my least favourite by far

Edited by trev71

HI,

We just got off the Allure. All of our shows were prebooked. I would say try to do Oceanaria on the first night in case it gets cancelled and rescheduled! Thats what happened to us. Blue Planet is another must! People who reserved seats were getting there 30 minutes beforehand, FYI.

I want to say the comedy show was family friendly on the last night and held in the theatre.

HI,

We just got off the Allure. All of our shows were prebooked. I would say try to do Oceanaria on the first night in case it gets cancelled and rescheduled! Thats what happened to us. Blue Planet is another must! People who reserved seats were getting there 30 minutes beforehand, FYI.

I want to say the comedy show was family friendly on the last night and held in the theatre.

Thanks. I've heard this advice, and I definitely want to catch this one. But if I remember correctly, it's only playing on night 1 or 2 anyways?

Yeah, I'm not a fan of Chicago (and also not kid frinedly), but they are changing it to Mamma Mia after dry dock...so very happy about that.

The Headliner is a tricky one...as you don't know who it will be until close to the night. Hopefully a magician or somethign kid friendly.

soccerdad72, how did you book a show for every night as I think there are more nights than shows?

soccerdad72, how did you book a show for every night as I think there are more nights than shows?

My bad :o I have shows booked for the first 5 nights -- I might move things around a little and maybe book something for night 6 or 7 instead of having the first 5 nights with shows.

HI,

Do not miss the comedy show

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks. I've heard this advice, and I definitely want to catch this one. But if I remember correctly, it's only playing on night 1 or 2 anyways?

Yeah, I'm not a fan of Chicago (and also not kid frinedly), but they are changing it to Mamma Mia after dry dock...so very happy about that.

The Headliner is a tricky one...as you don't know who it will be until close to the night. Hopefully a magician or somethign kid friendly.

Shows are subjective enjoyment, just like food, so it’s hard to generalize based on each person’s opinion.

My best guess is most families will enjoy the Ocean Aria/the 2 ice shows/Let you entertain me on the Allure. Blue Planet is fine for families as well. Depending on your younger one’s stamina, the Broadway musical (Mama Mia for 2016) is typically slated for 90 minutes so it may or may not hold his interest that long.

If they keep the similar schedule for 2016 as they did for 2014 (attached), then there will be three nights worth of water shows. If your family likes the water show a lot on day 1, you can see it for the second time on the second or third night, whichever day you are not seeing the Mama Mia. Just do the stand-by line or be in the stand in back row of the theater.

VA CDC left a post in my trip report saying you can email RCI two or three months out to get the name of the Headliners that is scheduled to perform on your cruise so you can research ahead of time on whether or not you want to attend. Email them at: web_reservations@rccl.com

Sounds like your family like shows as much as we do so if that’s the case, I would book all the shows online prior to the cruise and play it by ear when you get to each night to see how you all feel. The family comedy show is at 10:30 PM on day 7, which is very late to accommodate families or anyone trying to get up early on day 8 for the express walkoff.

Allure of the seas showtime.pdf

Shows are subjective enjoyment, just like food, so it’s hard to generalize based on each person’s opinion.

My best guess is most families will enjoy the Ocean Aria/the 2 ice shows/Let you entertain me on the Allure. Blue Planet is fine for families as well. Depending on your younger one’s stamina, the Broadway musical (Mama Mia for 2016) is typically slated for 90 minutes so it may or may not hold his interest that long.

If they keep the similar schedule for 2016 as they did for 2014 (attached), then there will be three nights worth of water shows. If your family likes the water show a lot on day 1, you can see it for the second time on the second or third night, whichever day you are not seeing the Mama Mia. Just do the stand-by line or be in the stand in back row of the theater.

VA CDC left a post in my trip report saying you can email RCI two or three months out to get the name of the Headliners that is scheduled to perform on your cruise so you can research ahead of time on whether or not you want to attend. Email them at: web_reservations@rccl.com

Sounds like your family like shows as much as we do so if that’s the case, I would book all the shows online prior to the cruise and play it by ear when you get to each night to see how you all feel. The family comedy show is at 10:30 PM on day 7, which is very late to accommodate families or anyone trying to get up early on day 8 for the express walkoff.

Thanks Harry. I remember you well from that awesome Allure report. :-) Thank you for the pdf link. You were smart to grab it as it seems like it's gone now.

Yes, our family loves shows and the ones you names all sound great and ones we want to catch. That's right...the water show is also playing on day 3. I think I dismissed/forgot about it since I had Chicago/Mamma Mia marked for that night (although on the Quantum there is a matinee of Mamma Mia so perhaps they'll do the same when it comes to the Allure). The 10:30pm show would be way too late for the family comedy show for our kids...that's an odd time for the family version.

Yeah, I'll for sure pre-book the shows to how I think we'll want to see them.

We went to every show and loved them all! The comedy club was my favorite night of the whole cruise! If you can make it happen don't miss the comedy club!

But not for kids, right?

Edited by LuCruise

Disclaimer of course. Everyone has different opinions.... For perspective we are not "love all Broadway shows" kids of family. We are not cirque de soleil (sp?) fans. We have been on the oasis/allure 6ish times and have seen most of the shows outside of the new Broadway ones.

That being said, here are our choices.

Ocean aria - always. Such a great show. Even our teens like it but will usually see it with their friends.

Comedy show. We always prebook this. I know you said you have kids traveling with you and it is adult content, but of you like that sort of thing, it's usually pretty good. But it's a small venue so you need to book in advance or get there in line an hour early if you want to see it

Headliner. We always prebook this and go to it most times. And I can think of one time where we didn't enjoy it. Last NYE was Home Free, a recent winner of the Sing off (show name? I don't always remember reality shows but this group was very good). Other times we have seen a Beatles tribute group, 70s music. It's worth it to book it and take a chance.

Blue Planet. Not our kind of thing but I can see how kids might like it with a lot of acrobatics and dancing.

Ice show. We typically see this every cruise. Very upbeat and skilled skaters. Fun to watch

Big production show. Typically we don't go to it, but if Mama Mia is on our ship I will definitely go see that because it's one of the fee Broadway shows I love

We usually skip all of them..

but i see 8 shows a week on land.... :)

Cool...do you work at a theatre?

Definitely do not miss Oceanaria and Blue Planet. Chicago was not my thing, I would not see it again.

Yes, am hoping to catch these. Oceanaria looks awesome...and I think our kids will enjoy Blue Planet too from how its described.

Yeah, definitely not for kids. Not sure of their ages but maybe they could go to Adventure Ocean one night?

There is also a family friendly comedy show but like previously posted it is rather late for kids.

Yeah...don't get that one :confused:

I dont know but if I went on the Allure again i would skip "Chicago" Phew i could barely stay focused watching that one. That was my least favourite by far

You're right. I wasn't into it and my husband said, let's go, so we walked out!

I was on the ship this past Nov, all the shows were good except for the Headliner show, Chicago was a little long but entertaining.

What Headliner was it? Someone else also mentioned they didn't enjoy the headliner they had as well.

We are on Allure right now. Unless you really like broadway musicals you may want to skip Chicago. the cast is good but we went on the first night after an exhausting trip to FLL and could barely stay awake.

We saw OceanAria last night, it is very good. Saw the comedy show Monday night. The first guy was very funny and the second guy was okay. Had some funny parts but was pretty sexist in other parts. Overall we enjoyed the show and might go to the one in the theatre but it is pretty later the last night so that could dissuade us. Definitely not for kids.

Our headliner is Paul Boland, man of a 1000 voices, singer, comic, impressionist. We see him tomorrow night, Blue Planet on Friday night and Ice show on Saturday afternoon.

I will try and report back after i have seen them.

We made all our reservations as soon as they were available online. Wanted to make sure we saw what we wanted when we wanted to. You can always cancel them but you can't always get in the shows without them.