Pool Temperatures

Auntiejo

I keep running across comments from people from various ships saying that the pools were freezing cold. Is this true? I can't imagine Princess isn't heating their pools? We're going on the Star for 10 days next month and I'm a little concerned. Who wants to go into a cold pool? Not me. Can anyone provide feedback from their recent cruise?

I keep running across comments from people from various ships saying that the pools were freezing cold. Is this true? I can't imagine Princess isn't heating their pools? We're going on the Star for 10 days next month and I'm a little concerned. Who wants to go into a cold pool? Not me. Can anyone provide feedback from their recent cruise?

As A Princess Elite, Rccl Emerald, and Celebrity Select I can say the pools are not heated. The solarium pools are not heated. Some pay for spa pools are heated. And the hot tubs are the best bet for a warm dunk.

Can only speak for the Lotus Spa pool, but my answer covers the Ruby, Emerald, Caribbean and Crown Princess ships.

Any time the pool was ever too cold, a simple request to the Pool Attendants would usually result in them warming the temperature.

As "Lovetocruiseprincess" states - on a few occasions the Lotus pool has been almost too warm.

Princess pools on the lido deck and the stern pool and not heated. However if your ship has a conservatory cover, that pool may benefit if the cover is closed. The lotus pool seems to be heated. Some lotus pools are inside and some are outside and that can make a difference. Last cruise on the Golden the pools were all around 72 and the lotus pool (outside) was 85. We were in South America where it was chilly most of the time.

I'm sure it's partially a function of where your ship is. Sailing the Crown out of LA to Mexico in November, the pool in the spa area was VERY cold. The main pool near MUTS was chilly, but not as cold as the pool in the spa area.

Interesting... we sailed on Crown Princess in the middle of December and the Lotus Spa pool was heated. In fact, it was quite nice. Maybe someone had asked for the pool to be heated...

We sailed on the Grand in October from Vancouver to Hawaii. I enjoy the pools and hot tubs - so I tried them all.

The aft pool was nice and warm (obviously heated).

The pool near the spa was BRRRRRR!!!! (cold). The hot tubs beside the spa pool were luke warm (not inviting at all).

The hot tubs at the aft (couple decks above the aft pool) were warmer - and actually quite good the first couple days, but got cooler over the duration of the trip (not as cool as the spa hot tubs though). You could still get in them, but you didn't really melt in them.

The pool where MUTS is shown was comfortable temperature for swimming. The hot tubs by MUTS were perfect -- would melt you!

The Calypso pool was fine to swim in - but not sure if it was the benefit of the covering, or if it was heated - but it was relatively easy to get into.

So my conclusion -- You just never know! Try them all.

Don

If the pool is not heated, but it's hot and the sun is shining, the pool WILL heat up quickly...it will become less "refreshing" as the day goes on.

I've never seen the need to get in a pool, unless I'm hot....so a cooler water temp. is fine...after all, I'm cooling off!

If it's chilly outside, there's no reason to need to "cool off"!