Princess mobile app

newparks

I have a new IPhone and the Princess app didn't make the transition from the old to the new phone. I have not been able to find it in the app store, does anyone know if its still available or has the name changed?

It's now available from the Apple Store. I just searched for "Princess Messenger" and it popped up.

While you don't need it to send or receive a message, being alerted that you have a message is far more convenient than constantly checking Princess@Sea to see if you have a message.

While you don't need it to send or receive a message, being alerted that you have a message is far more convenient than constantly checking Princess@Sea to see if you have a message.

Do you know how the notification is made?

Vibrate? Ding? other?

Does anyone know if it's only available on the Regal..boarding the Emerald on Sunday and would love to have the app available

They just rolled out the new version of "Princess At Sea," which includes the messenger function, at the end of our Royal cruise (last weekend). I can't remember now if the IT guy said it was going live on all the ships...check with the Internet Cafe staff once you board. They can help with setting it up, too :) The app is great for having all the onboard info in your phone, didn't have to carry a Patter around (although I do like to be able to look at the paper copy in our cabin).

Vibrate? Ding? other?

Have no idea as I've never used it. If the app was written correctly, you should have those options although the sound of dinging messages would drive me nuts. I would hope that it vibrates and sends a silent alert. Or, a number appears on the icon.

They just rolled out the new version of "Princess At Sea," which includes the messenger function, at the end of our Royal cruise (last weekend). I can't remember now if the IT guy said it was going live on all the ships...check with the Internet Cafe staff once you board. They can help with setting it up, too :) The app is great for having all the onboard info in your phone, didn't have to carry a Patter around (although I do like to be able to look at the paper copy in our cabin).

Hey WisCruiser2 -

I assume you leave your phone on airplane mode and then turn on Wi-Fi to assure you're not being charged ship internet access data/phone rates etc?

Thanks everyone!

Vibrate? Ding? other?

You would control the notification method in Settings → Notifications as with any app that can provide a notification.

Lew

Edited by -Lew-

Hey WisCruiser2 -

I assume you leave your phone on airplane mode and then turn on Wi-Fi to assure you're not being charged ship internet access data/phone rates etc?

Thanks everyone!

Yep, as we left FLL I put the phone in airplane mode AND turned off the cellular data (to be doubly sure!). Then connected to the ship wi-fi. Depended where on the ship as to connection, & better speed/connectivity at some times vs. others -- I assume it depended on the satellite connection as well as how many people were trying to log on -- but overall, generally faster than on previous ships just using the Cafe computers! Also, using the Princess At Sea (inTRAnet) does not charge against your minutes.

Edited by WisCruiser2

Does anyone know if it's only available on the Regal..boarding the Emerald on Sunday and would love to have the app available

The gent in the internet cafe on Emerald told me 'coming in April',

but you never know.

The is the link in the google play store:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gcm.princess.messenger

From the description:

"The app can be downloaded for free prior to boarding. The purchase of an internet package may be necessary to download once onboard and at sea."

I don't understand why they don't put it on princess.com,

where the download would be free-at-sea.

The gent in the internet cafe on Emerald told me 'coming in April',

but you never know.

The is the link in the google play store:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gcm.princess.messenger

From the description:

"The app can be downloaded for free prior to boarding. The purchase of an internet package may be necessary to download once onboard and at sea."

I don't understand why they don't put it on princess.com,

where the download would be free-at-sea.

Bummer..but thanks for the heads up Pablo. We have all downloaded it just in case it's live!

The App store shows this information in the description for Messenger:

Key Messenger Features Include:

Free onboard message to other guests onboard

Push notifications on your device when you receive a message

contacts incorporated for ease of messaging

Automatically connects to Princess@Sea once onboard

Now you can instant connect with other guests onboard during your cruise with Princess! . . .

The Messenger works seamlessly with Princess@Sea. . . , our complimentary onboard mobile service that provides real time useful information on the ship events, activities, restaurants, ports and more!

While the messenger service can be utilized without the app, downloading the app is recommend to take full advantage of the push notifications.

Messenger is currently available on the Regal Princess.

Updated March 8, 2015

I wouldn't mind push notifications when trying to find a cruise mate. We will be on the Royal on March 29, I hope it is true that it will be working then on the Royal Princess.