****How to UPGRADE on Oasis??? Best IDEAS?****

Anyone know any "tricks of the trade" to get a FREE Upgrade on the Oasis of the Seas??? :)

Accumulate points for a higher loyalty status and hope for good luck. There are no tricks for a free upgrade.

Check prices and if a higher cabin category is priced less than or equal to what you paid, you can generally request to be changed to the higher category for no charge.

Anyone know any "tricks of the trade" to get a FREE Upgrade on the Oasis of the Seas??? :)

Let's imagine that someone discovered such "tricks of the trade". Before long, some one would post them on the internet because someone like you asked about them. Once they are posted, everyone would start to use them. Once everyone started to use them, they would quickly become useless otherwise every one would be getting FREE Upgrades and we'd all be sailing in suites.

Check prices and if a higher cabin category is priced less than or equal to what you paid, you can generally request to be changed to the higher category for no charge.

Good advice here. Check every day morning and night but with only 24 days left I'd say your chances are slim. Especially check this site to see if your sailing is on there.

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Multi_Dest/Special_Offers/rci_sales_event.pdf

Edited by sailor05

• 3 months later...

I'm taking my hubby on Oasis for his birthday and have booked a JS. We have always had balconies in the past so this was a big leap financially. I now see that the JS category doesn't get any of the perks that full suites do, just the extra point per night. When do you suggest I try to upgrade to a GS?

-Katie

Here is a secret.. Please don't share with anyone..

The best way to get a "FREE" upgrade is with FREE money if you catch my drift [emoji6]

Sorry couldn't resist.. This post just made me laugh..

Edited by CaribSailor

"Free" upgrades are rare. Period. Don't get your hopes up or even bother thinking about it. There are no tricks it's just a rare and unpredictable thing. Loyal cruisers with lots of points are much more likely to get them and even then it doesn't happen much.

I've only cruised a few times and am new in the ways of Royal Caribbean, but it's my understanding that free upgrades are quite rare. Don't most lines call cruisers trying to upsell first?

It seems to me that the upsell approach has been a relatively recent practice by Royal.

Good advice here. Check every day morning and night but with only 24 days left I'd say your chances are slim. Especially check this site to see if your sailing is on there.

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Multi_Dest/Special_Offers/rci_sales_event.pdf

You guys, OP has already sailed and didn't come back to this thread to report anything, one way or the other. Just a heads up. :)

Karen, you are right, but for anyone who is now reading this thread:

The sale link that sailor05 posted is for NEW BOOKINGS ONLY.

:)

I'm taking my hubby on Oasis for his birthday and have booked a JS. We have always had balconies in the past so this was a big leap financially. I now see that the JS category doesn't get any of the perks that full suites do, just the extra point per night. When do you suggest I try to upgrade to a GS?

-Katie

Since when does the JS get no perks?

Priority boarding

Coffee/tea maker

Robes

Walk in closet

Bathtub

Bigger room

The are not as much as a GS, but then you are not paying the price of a full suite.

Dacsmom. I get it that those are perks but IMHO these are not the perks worth paying thousands extra for. On a ship with so many people I can justify the expense only by having reserved areas for gold seapass.

Dacsmom. I get it that those are perks but IMHO these are not the perks worth paying thousands extra for. On a ship with so many people I can justify the expense only by having reserved areas for gold seapass.

We sailed in a JS on Allure back in 2013 but only because the price had come down comparable to the D4 balcony cabin were had already booked.

This year we sailed Oasis but stayed in a D5 as the JS prices never came down and it was not worth several thousand more for the double points and coffeemaker.

if you want an upgrade you PAY for it. one way or another, whether by forking over the money up front or by cruising often enough to get the higher loyalty statuses and taking advantages of special booking offers,.

Over the years we have had two free upgrades. One time was years ago when we had two kids traveling with my wife and me. Upon check in they moved us to a junior suite. The other time was on Allure two summers ago when we had booked two rooms-- one for my wife and me and the other for my now grown daughter and her friend. The kids were notified 2 weeks prior to the cruise and were upgraded from inside to Central Park balcony.

If the upgrade price to a Grand Suite is within your budget--go for it.

We always enjoy the Suite Lounge and Coastal Kitchen. On our April 2015 cruise we were given free beer, wine and soda from 11:30 AM until 11:00 PM,

along with free cocktails from 5:00 PM to 8:30 PM. We ate breakfast and dinner in the Coastal Kitchen everyday. During sea days we were also able to order from a menu in the Coastal Kitchen.

Food and service was excellent, along with the great views.