Diamond Plus drinks

I was complaining to my sister in law about the increase in drink prices and she told me that it didn't matter to them because they are Diamond Plus (we are only Emerald) and get all the drinks they want free. I asked if this was only in their special lounge and she told me it was at any bar. Is this true?

I was complaining to my sister in law about the increase in drink prices and she told me that it didn't matter to them because they are Diamond Plus (we are only Emerald) and get all the drinks they want free. I asked if this was only in their special lounge and she told me it was at any bar. Is this true?

Each D/D+/PC Members will have three drinks added to their SeaPass Account that can be used at most bars between the hours of 5PM-8:30PM (4:30-8:00 on some ships). This is in addition to what is offered in each lounge during those hours.

Diamond, D+ and Pinnacle members can get free cocktails during the nightly cocktail event which is usually between 5 - 8:30pm in either the Diamond or Concierge Lounge. It is a limited drink menu which I am sure someone will post here.

Also they get 3 drinks per person loaded on their Sea Pass card that can be used in most bars around the ship during those same hours only.

It is not unlimited drinks all day

Not exactly. As others have noted, your sister-in-law's seapass cards will be pre-loaded with 3 drinks per night which she can get at any bar, not including the dining room) during the cocktail hours. The unlimited drinks are only available in the CL or DL during those same hours. Drinks available in the CL and DL are somewhat limited but most beers and basic cocktails are covered.

In addition to the basic list, all the DL'c and CL's I have been in also make some specialty drinks. I have seen cosmos and lemondrops on all ships that I have sailed in the past few years. Some ships may also make chocolate martinis, peach martinis, bloody marys, and margaritas. Ask the bar servers if they are offereing any special drinks.

If husband and wife are both Diamond are the both given three free drinks each and if so do you have to charge each drink to the sea pass card of each person or can you just use one persons card for all six drinks?

If husband and wife are both Diamond are the both given three free drinks each and if so do you have to charge each drink to the sea pass card of each person or can you just use one persons card for all six drinks?

If you put 6 drinks on one card, you would be charged for 3. Each sea pass has 3 each and they will only bring serve one drink at a time to each person. I guess to avoid sharing with non D, D+/P guests.

It doesn't have to be alcoholic. you can order a soda if you prefer. During the 5;15 trivia, I didn't want to drink yet, so I ordered a drink for my son instead. Obviously the server knew, it wasn't an issue. Some servers will ring up a check with zero balance and others do not bring a check at all. There is no rhyme or reason. Maybe others want you to add a tip. I prefer the check so I can sign the tip in, but if not I give them cash. I typically tip the CL or DL bartenders each day cash.

Edited by Trekker954

Here is the link, compliments of Merion_Mom, of what is available in both lounges and what can be ordered at most bars http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=44833138&postcount=5

Here is the image. (god forbid, anyone should have to CLICK. ;) )

DSC07655_zps6c443e15.jpg

In addition to the basic list, all the DL'c and CL's I have been in also make some specialty drinks. I have seen cosmos and lemondrops on all ships that I have sailed in the past few years. Some ships may also make chocolate martinis, peach martinis, bloody marys, and margaritas. Ask the bar servers if they are offereing any special drinks.

Ask nicely, and be prepared for the answer to be "no". The list is the list, and if on your ship, there are instructions to follow the list to the letter, then respect that. If you can get something else, enjoy. Just PLEASE don't take your frustration/annoyance out on your server.

If you put 6 drinks on one card, you would be charged for 3. Each sea pass has 3 each and they will only bring serve one drink at a time to each person. I guess to avoid sharing with non D, D+/P guests.

Absolutely not true. I have never had a problem getting two at once. (If I had three hands................. ;) :D )

Oh, and just because no one else has mentioned it:

Those three drink vouchers per day are valid only in bars, not in restaurants. (MDR, WJ, specialty restaurants) Some cruisers have reported that the Champagne Bar has refused to honor them. Others have said "not on my ship."

So, apparently, YMMV. ;)

On my recent cruises on NOV, the R Bar does't accept the sea pass coded free drinks. However the bar inside the WJ does.

Do you mean the Navigator?

How very odd. That is in direct contravention of ALL of the published rules.

How VERY "Royal Caribbean". :rolleyes:

Since the vouchers have started, (about the last six cruises for us) we've had no problem getting a basic drink in any of the allowable venues. On a recent Enchantment cruise, (I'm sorry I can't remember which bar) we were not permitted to have a Bloody Mary. We said "thank you", walked away, went to another bar and were served with a smile.

Gotta love inconsistency. It really keeps us on our toes!

A bit off topic, but I will add that we sailed during spring break. It appears many of the patrons had a drink package. Most of the bars were PACKED!

M

So if I understand what you said a husband and wife who order two drinks must ask for separate checks and charge one drink to each card in order to not exceed the three drink limit on each card. Correct?

So if I understand what you said a husband and wife who order two drinks must ask for separate checks and charge one drink to each card in order to not exceed the three drink limit on each card. Correct?

Just use your own card for your own drinks. It's very simple. :)

Oh, and just because no one else has mentioned it:

Those three drink vouchers per day are valid only in bars, not in restaurants. (MDR, WJ, specialty restaurants) Some cruisers have reported that the Champagne Bar has refused to honor them. Others have said "not on my ship."

So, apparently, YMMV. ;)

I do not know what YMMV means, can you explain

or

Do I want to know:eek:

Thanks

Edited by Lionesss

And on Quantum, you COULD get drinks in the restaurants, and at the WJ, so it seems to vary...of course we all know that Quantum marches to the ebat of her own drummer....

(they were also pretty lenient about getting cosmos...and, in the DL, apple martinis... yum.... :p:eek::D )

Just off the Quantum, and Dh and I used our 3 drink daily allowance (6 total) for bottles of beer,(one trip daily). After the first day, the bartender never asked for our cards, said he remembered our numbers. Not sure how he did it, but the 6 drinks were recorded each day on our account as $0.

This was very convenient for us, because I brought a small cooler on board, which we kept filled with ice. So nice to sit on our lovely balcony, and be able to grab an ice cold beer from the cooler.

I love this RC perk, such I nice courtous gesture to us loyals. Hardly ever took the long trek to the concierge lounge.

Just off the Quantum, and Dh and I used our 3 drink daily allowance (6 total) for bottles of beer,(one trip daily). After the first day, the bartender never asked for our cards, said he remembered our numbers. Not sure how he did it, but the 6 drinks were recorded each day on our account as $0.

This was very convenient for us, because I brought a small cooler on board, which we kept filled with ice. So nice to sit on our lovely balcony, and be able to grab an ice cold beer from the cooler.

I love this RC perk, such I nice courtous gesture to us loyals. Hardly ever took the long trek to the concierge lounge.

Are you saying they gave you the 6 bottles unopened?

Edited by woodyren