I'm lost

Jellifer

Oh, I'm so sorry for your loss. I read your post with such heartache as I have been cruising with my mother for the past nine years. We've been working on her bucket list. I know we won't have much longer so we are trying to get as much travelling as we can, while she can. Be thankful for the time you shared together, and the places you saw together. I'm sure you helped her with her bucket list; she may not have continued to travel without you.

I don't know what to tell you, how to overcome the heartache. Please know that I'm thinking of you and wishing you all the best for the next phase of your life. I hope you will continue to cruise; I think she would want you to. Not right away but soon.

Please take care.

So very sorry for your loss. I hope you find comfort in your wonderful memories. I try to think how lucky we had the ones we loved and lost and despite the pain, it was so much more precious to have had them than to not have.

Having lost some of my loved ones after a lengthy illness and other suddenly and unexpectedly, there is no easy way. Both are horrid.

Remember to take care of yourself in the days and weeks/months ahead.

Edited by sail7seas

So very sorry for your loss. My mom passed away suddenly when I was still a teenager so never got to know her as an adult and friend. As broken hearted as you are right now, I actually envy you a little bit to have had those times together.

I can promise you that the day will come when those memories of the wonderful times you had together will make you smile before they make you sad. My deepest condolences.

The richness of what you shared in your lives together - and not just about cruising - so comes through as you share this sad news with us. You must feel so sad now. But, please feel good for what you each did. I admire what you invested in each other, and I am personally grateful to hear it because it raises us all.

Go somewhere she would have been happy to have you go.

And, pass it on.

- Joel

When my mother passed away, my fondest memories were when we traveled together. My sincere hope is that your wonderful travel memories help you get through this difficult time.

Heaven has gained an angel. A new star is shining up above tonight.

Greetings and comfort .

Thank you all for your kind words of support. They mean a lot, especially as it is the middle of the night here so makes me feel less alone. Mum was just 62 so we really weren't expecting this now. I know she would want me to be strong but I'm not in the right headspace for that yet. Thank you again. x

Thank you all for your kind words of support. They mean a lot, especially as it is the middle of the night here so makes me feel less alone. Mum was just 62 so we really weren't expecting this now. I know she would want me to be strong but I'm not in the right headspace for that yet. Thank you again. x

Jellifer! What are you doing up at this time of night! Get to bed! Right now! You need your rest to face the days ahead!

I'm so sorry to hear about this loss.

You are right, thinking back on those memories isn't easy. And it never will be. But slowly you will manage to give it a place in your life. And when you've done that, you'll look back onto them and cherrish them much more then you've ever imagined possible.

Death is part of life and you're spot on saying we need to make the most of our time with our loved ones as you never know what will happen.

Again, I am sorry for this loss and I hope those close to you now will give you all the love and support you'll need.