Luggage Lost. Can we buy clothes on Eurodam?

IluvMyWestie

The airline lost both pieces of our luggage. Sailing tomorrow at 4pm. There is a chance it might make it by 4pm, but they were last seen in Seattle. The airline's says they will pay for what we need if it doesn't get found in time. My question is if there is a gift shop with clothing on board the eurodam?

The clothing on board is pretty limited, but you should be able to find some appropriate things. If someone was buying me clothing, this isn't the place I would want to do the shopping, though!

I hope you have some undies in your carry-on.

Keeping fingures crossed that you get your luggage!!

Edited by SilvertoGold

I think you are sailing out of FLL?

when does insurance or whomever let you buy clothes?

don't wait for the ship unless you must. You won't find key lingerie items there.

clothing is ok, I guess, but certainly most is not what you would choose to wear I am betting.

If your luggage can catch up, you might find the ship can help you out too.

I'd hif a couple of stores in FLL if you have time - Ross' whatever, to get the basics and some stuff that YOU are happy with and then deal with the ship if the luggage doesn't catch up.

I so feel for you. this would be DH's worst nightmare.

Edited by kazu

The airline lost both pieces of our luggage. Sailing tomorrow at 4pm. There is a chance it might make it by 4pm, but they were last seen in Seattle. The airline's says they will pay for what we need if it doesn't get found in time. My question is if there is a gift shop with clothing on board the eurodam?

Which Airline lost your luggage? I am just curious.

So very sorry. This happened to my friend when we were doing Around South America several years ago. Oddly, the airline said they would pay for everything up to $500 BUT not a suitcase. Go figure. We bought a small suitcase and outfitted her at Ross and Macy's. You wouldn't believe how well we did in 3 hours. We boarded and just as we sailed her luggage showed up. Jet Blue still paid for everything. That story had a happy ending.

This very thing happened to me two years ago. I made a quick trip to Walmart because I had nothing but one pair of socks and underwear. Hal was very good on tracing my luggage even though I didn't book thru them. United was zero help and it took them 3 months to agree to cover the cost incurred. Luckily I had travel insurance. My luggage caught up with me the 5 and 6th day of the cruise. I wish you luck!

Sorry this happened to you.

You didn't mention where you were staying in Ft Lauderdale.

There is a Ross Store almost across the street from the Embassy Suites if you are in that area. You can get some reasonable clothing there.

Behind the Embassy Suites are the Harbor shops where there is a Publix -- get toiletries there. They are expensive on the ship.

Further to KK's post if you are staying at the embassy suites there is a clothing store in the harbor shops similair to ross but I think it's better quality. I find ross to be quite junky. Walmart isn't my style either but it's better than ross. I can't recall the name of the store.

Further to KK's post if you are staying at the embassy suites there is a clothing store in the harbor shops similair to ross but I think it's better quality. I find ross to be quite junky. Walmart isn't my style either but it's better than ross. I can't recall the name of the store.

It's TJ Max. I'd skip the Ross store and head there first, it's better organized and cleaner. I found a pair of super cute Sperry's there two weeks ago for $30,00.

It's TJ Max. I'd skip the Ross store and head there first, it's better organized and cleaner. I found a pair of super cute Sperry's there two weeks ago for $30,00.

Yes, that's it! Thank you. I was having a seniors moment :o. I'm not a discount clothing store shopper but I thought that store was decent.

Hopefully your luggage arrived at your hotel this morning. The same thing happened to friends who were travelling with us; our luggage arrived, theirs didn't. When they got up in the morning, there was a phone call from the front desk saying a bellman would be up with the luggage right away.

Failing that, I would place a call to the airline and ask what the dollar limit is that you can spend for each of you. Be sure to get the name of the person you spoke with at the airline (first and last and their title). On the ship you can purchase t-shirts, maybe some fancy tops and sweatshirts, etc., but shorts, capris, slacks, etc., are pretty rare. I'd ask at the hotel desk where the nearest TJ Max, Ross, or Wal-Mart are and then grab a cab over there, making sure to get a receipt for the taxi as well. And don't forget about your toiletries and undies. Good luck to you!

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

Several years ago, due to a series of unavoidable snafus, I arrived in Southampton to embark for three weeks in the Med with only minutes to spare before the cut off for embarkation. My luggage never made it. However, the staff was amazingly helpful and understanding.

The front desk supplied two souvenir tee shirts for sleepwear, three emergency necessity kits (deodorant, toothbrush, etc.), and detergent for nightly washing of undies. I found two pairs of Bermuda shorts, two men's polo shirts, and a pair of Crocs in the onboard shops. Fortunately, I travelled in my walking shoes.

The MDR personnel graciously ignored my inappropriate clothing in the evening (as did my fellow pax). Each night my room steward whisked away that day's shirt and shorts for laundering at no cost to me.

The cruise was wonderful; I met interesting people, had a fantastic time, and came home with a great story to tell.

Yes, that's it! Thank you. I was having a seniors moment :o. I'm not a discount clothing store shopper but I thought that store was decent.

TJ Maxx (2 x's) :) is owned by the same company as Marshall's and they are very similar. TJ Maxx is usually layed out a bit different but depending upon specific location, you'll find comparable items with some exception.

I hope OP managed to get a few things to hold her over and that the luggage appears soon.

Anyone know where there is a Beall's near Embassy Suites?

Edited by sail7seas

KK,

If you don't care Marshalls or TJ max, Don't waste your time going to Ross Store. They're all pretty much the same ran by different corporations. Ross is owned by Ross Store Inc ticker symbol (ROST) and the other stores are under (TJX). I have both company stocks in my investment funds.

I would go there to get a Adidas jogging shorts, exercise shirt or Speedo swimming trunks for half price of MSRP.

KK,

If you don't care Marshalls or TJ max, Don't waste your time going to Ross Store. They're all pretty much the same ran by different corporations. Ross is owned by Ross Store Inc ticker symbol (ROST) and the other stores are under (TJX). I have both company stocks in my investment funds.

I would go there to get a Adidas jogging shorts, exercise shirt or Speedo swimming trunks for half price of MSRP.

Thank you for this information.

KK,

The Ross store in FL smells. Serious, it's bad. A combination of mold , plastic, and dirty socks ala my son. I'm a dedicated bargain shopper and I high tailed it outside. The smells of hot asphalt and car exhaust were ambrosia compared to Ross.