Live from Silhouette

RhondaPerr

Yikes!! We go for the crepes, can you remember which they kept? Cowboy and French is/was our standard order. I'm going to be really sad if I can't get something similar. Thanks for posting

The only savory ones that were left were Mediterranean, Hot and Spicy, and I want to say maybe the Buffalo?

We didn't get to the sweet crepes (the service was actually so bad that we declined dessert at all) but I THINK Spanish, French, and Italian were still all there.

Looking at the menu that was posted here, I will say that what we were offered was many fewer choices for a higher cover charge.

I'll just reiterate my disappointment. I love crepes and I'm usually pretty forgiving when it comes to mediocre food and service, but Bistro was not a good value for either our money or our time. :(

The only savory ones that were left were Mediterranean, Hot and Spicy, and I want to say maybe the Buffalo?

We didn't get to the sweet crepes (the service was actually so bad that we declined dessert at all) but I THINK Spanish, French, and Italian were still all there.

Looking at the menu that was posted here, I will say that what we were offered was many fewer choices for a higher cover charge.

I'll just reiterate my disappointment. I love crepes and I'm usually pretty forgiving when it comes to mediocre food and service, but Bistro was not a good value for either our money or our time. :(

OK that's Bistro on 5 off the menu - our two favourites are not listed :(

Just got off of Silhouette as Rhonda was getting on. They debuted the new Bistro on Five menu late in the week. The new menu has more food and only six crepes (three savory and three dessert). The charge was definitely $10/person, and while our food was good it was NOT worth an extra $40 for a family of four. The service was awful, too. My husband got the hamburger and while it was not bad it took something ridiculous like a half hour to get to us so that it was delivered cold when the rest of us had finished our meals. We were not impressed.

I'll be writing up a review when I've had a chance to get my bearings... I just got home yesterday and had to go go pretty much right from the airport to curling :D

Well, that is because they had to run someone up to the Mast Grill to get his hamburger. The $10 you paid covers the cost of sending someone to run the burger back :D Might explain why it was cold :D

Well, that is because they had to run someone up to the Mast Grill to get his hamburger. The $10 you paid covers the cost of sending someone to run the burger back :D Might explain why it was cold :D

Funny, we were speculating about exactly that! :D

Segways were great! Beautiful night in San Juan! Another wonderful dinner! Singer, pianist tonight! 70 's theme night! I was supposed to do the Greyford Tour tomorrow, but having a bit of a pain flare, so opting for a day at the Solarium instead! BTW I did see pool staff taking towels after 30 minutes this morning! Chocolate on my pillow tonight!

I would rate this cruise in the top 10! Incredible service, food, shows, and above all friendliness! Will give you my final thoughts when I get home! Right now I don't want to spend one minute not participating in the day's activities....

On SIL now. Passed by Bistro on 5 and it appeared crowded for lunch.

OP: zeniths are indeed excluded from the Suite Restaurant, but they do want to keep the exclusivity for Suites. I understand that business is business. One other Zenith couple on board.

On SIL now. Passed by Bistro on 5 and it appeared crowded for lunch.

OP: zeniths are indeed excluded from the Suite Restaurant, but they do want to keep the exclusivity for Suites. I understand that business is business. One other Zenith couple on board.

Hi Charles,

We are on Equinox now. They have added back the pillow chocolates here. Is Bistro really $10 now? Still free on B2B day?

Tom

Hi Charles,

We are on Equinox now. They have added back the pillow chocolates here. Is Bistro really $10 now? Still free on B2B day?

Tom

Hi Tom

Pillow chocolates are back. Yes, $10 for Bistro with expanded menu. Zafer is now F&B. really a wonderful team!

Flowers for the women, nothing for the men at presentations.

Is Bistro on 5 now $10 pp instead of $7?

We got off the Silhouette on March 29. Yes, the Bistro on 5 is now $10 pp. The Porch is $7 per person. We ate at The Porch the day we sailed and we were the only ones in the restaurant. The Bistro was likewise empty most of the times we walked by.

Hi Tom

Pillow chocolates are back. Yes, $10 for Bistro with expanded menu. Zafer is now F&B. really a wonderful team!

Flowers for the women, nothing for the men at presentations.

WOW!!!

That is a 100% increase in what a year?

At that rate Murano will be $100 next year!!!

I am sorry but these price increases are EXTREME.

Final thoughts as I sit in the quiet lounge for Elite members, waiting to disembark! It has been an incredible cruise! With 33 other cruises to compare it to, I would say without question in the top 10! What put this cruise over the top for me, was the service and overall friendliness the entire cruise! If I could put my finger on one thing that I was not pleased with was the hard sell to buy.. It was annoying! There were so many positives though, that this is no way has steered me away from Celebrity! Booked On board for next cruise, and got 1,2,3 go program, reduced deposit, and 350 ship board credit! 2017.. Well they are calling groups now! Almost time to go!

Final thoughts as I sit in the quiet lounge for Elite members, waiting to disembark! It has been an incredible cruise! With 33 other cruises to compare it to, I would say without question in the top 10! What put this cruise over the top for me, was the service and overall friendliness the entire cruise! If I could put my finger on one thing that I was not pleased with was the hard sell to buy.. It was annoying! There were so many positives though, that this is no way has steered me away from Celebrity! Booked On board for next cruise, and got 1,2,3 go program, reduced deposit, and 350 ship board credit! 2017.. Well they are calling groups now! Almost time to go!

Glad you enjoyed it, cannot wait until our Dec Silhouette!

Rhonda thanks so much for taking your time to write your review. Not to long ago Bistro on 5 was $5.00, then up to $7.00 and now $10.00. Certainly if i ant to eat there $10.00 won't break the bank but an increase of 100% is unexceptable to me. I have eaten there plenty of time ad have never had good service. My understanding is, its the training ground for new waiters. Actually Celebrity should be paying us to eat there while they are training staff.

Will be leaving on the TA 04/19 and will probably dine in Bistro on 5 anyway:):)

Norma

Rhonda thanks so much for taking your time to write your review. Not to long ago Bistro on 5 was $5.00, then up to $7.00 and now $10.00. Certainly if i ant to eat there $10.00 won't break the bank but an increase of 100% is unexceptable to me. I have eaten there plenty of time ad have never had good service. My understanding is, its the training ground for new waiters. Actually Celebrity should be paying us to eat there while they are training staff.

Will be leaving on the TA 04/19 and will probably dine in Bistro on 5 anyway:):)

Norma

I believe that the increased charge is due to the expanded menu. In the end the public will decide if the price is too high. I noticed that at least on this cruise Bistro on 5 seemed much more crowded. Bistro on 5 has limited space and all they need to do is to attract enough passengers to fill the space. That wasn't happening with a very limited menu and a $5 charge.

I know, I had myself all ready for my crepe, sat down, looked at the menu, and left! The other thing was the the really poor room service menu with the better stuff for $$... $3.54 for a soda... But there was still free ice cream lol.

Was also on the March 29th sailing. I ate in Bistro on Five on embarkation day. Cost was $10. I hadn't eaten there in a couple of years, so I really don't remember the previous menu. I thought the food was quite good, but agree that the service was s-l-o-w.

I was in Aqua class and can report the we had chocolates every night but the first one. Also had a small vase of flowers, including one rose, in my cabin starting on Day 2. Blu is fabulous. To me, it is what the MDR was when we started cruising 25 years go.

The ship is immaculate and the service is the best I remember in recent cruises. Entertainment was top notch. Singers could sing, dancers could dance and the performances came across as really fresh. Performers were engaged and did not look like they were "going thru the motions".

We'll be crossing the Bistro off at $10 pp...we mostly go b/c we like the soups...not worth it! Will try the porch for embark day or AQ spa cafe,......

glad it was a great cruise....we have been on Silho 2X.

...both times excellent!

We were on the same sailing and will also agree that the staff and crew were the absolute best! There was nothing negative at all that happened to us on this cruise!

We purchased the 5 specialty restaurants package and only dined in the MDR once and that was Saturday night. Murano and Tuscan Grille were our favorites followed by Qsine and the Lawn Club. I think the Lawn Club would have been more enjoyable had it not been so chilly that evening. They gave me a blanket and I had worn a jacket that morning (it was 32 degrees when we left DC) that came in quite handy!

Richard Spacey has to be the best ever CD out there. We sailed with him in 2007 on the Freedom of the Seas with Captain Johnny, best duo! He was still cute and funny as ever :) We also enjoyed the captain - loved his low key, dry sense of humor. It was neat seeing him judging Dancing With the Stripes at 10:30 at night! I'm sure he had to get up very early the next morning, but he never complained.

Saw quite a few chair hogs - was also happy to see the pool attendants remove towels. Did get to see an angry hog complaining about his belongings being removed (he showed up about 2 1/2 hours later). His wife finally patted him on the back and they went on. Goodness!

Really enjoyed the Molecular Bar - so sad to see it leaving Celebrity. Our favorite "mixologist", Jelena, was the absolute best. Didn't get to see her on our last night and wish we could have kept in touch via Facebook.

The customer service questionnaire is now electronic - there was an email waiting for me after I disembarked. Just filled it out today making sure to recognize several great staff and crew.

It took us 1 hour, 45 minutes to get from the ship through customs. It was crazy! There were only 2 customs agents working - clearly not enough. I'm glad our flight didn't leave until 1:50.

The only negative thing that happened was finding out (while sitting in the FLL airport) that one of our sweet kitties had passed away 2 days prior. It was a real shock as she hadn't been ill. It was difficult to try to comfort two daughters who were so upset from so far away.

I wish I knew how to post pictures because I have several great shots of the Silly that I'd love to share.

Now back to my PCD..........

Debbie