Beverage Package Pricing Increase

In the GastroBar they have a Rogue Double Chocolate Stout, 22 oz bomber that is $35.00! But on Sundays all beer is half price during Happy Hour from 4:00 - 6:00, = $17.50 less my $13.00 Premium coverage! $4.50+ .68 cent grat!

OMG How did I miss that:eek::eek: Sounds wonderful:)

It makes sense that the beverage packages are beneficial to bartenders, since MANY people get them as perks, and MANY people don't come anywhere near getting the actual value from it.

I know if we get half of the value of the package, it will be a lot for us.

So the folks who drink more than the value of the package are offset (probably many times over) by those who don't drink as much.

Dina, our 1st cruise was in 1987, and until we bought a coffee card on the Ruby Princess in 2012, we had never bought a Perrier, bottle water, fresh squeeze OJ, espresso, or coffee that we had to pay extra for.

Here is what we had last Nov during our 11 days on the Equinox:

58 bottles of Perrier, $240.00

24 fresh sq OJ, $ 96.00

60 bottle water, $210.00

44 Cafe al Bacio $270.00

12 double Expresso $ 96.00

6 smoothies $ 60.00

Approx total, $970-980 all covered by the Premium bev pkg

The packages cover a lot more than liquor. Oh, I did visit the GastroBar daily, and the wifester and I enjoyed a 'FEW' glasses of wine with dinner!:D

Edited by wallie5446

Dina, our 1st cruise was in 1987, and until we bought a coffee card on the Ruby Princess in 2012, we had never bought a Perrier, bottle water, fresh squeeze OJ, espresso, or coffee that we had to pay extra for.

24 fresh sq OJ, $ 96.00

60 bottle water, $210.00

44 Cafe al Bacio $270.00

6 smoothies $ 60.00

The packages cover a lot more than liquor. Oh, I did visit the GastroBar daily, and the wifester and I enjoyed a 'FEW' glasses of wine with dinner!:D

Holy moly. :eek:

24 fresh sq OJ, $ 96.00

60 bottle water, $210.00

44 Cafe al Bacio $270.00

6 smoothies $ 60.00

Quite the impressive list... I would also expect that you know the location of the "facilities" on board quite well :D

OMG How did I miss that:eek::eek: Sounds wonderful:)

I didn't remember seeing it when we were on the Reflection in Nov 2013, when the craft selection's were still in Michael's before the change. The GastroBar Daily Specials are not listed in the Daily's, but on a stand at the entrance to the bar. Every day it is something different.

If you can, book one of the beer an foods paring's. Well worth the extra cost.

Edited by wallie5446

Quite the impressive list... I would also expect that you know the location of the "facilities" on board quite well :D

Now, now my Dear Marguerite,:) we are going to have such a marvelous time this Thanksgiving!:D with you and Hutch!

Edited by wallie5446

This was for 2 people!:D

That was only $485-$490 p.p. Doesn't even cover the cost of the Premium package for 11 days. Probably cost the cruise line $100-$150 p.p. If it was a "free" perk, I wonder how much the cruise line inflated the cruise cost to recover their spend plus make a profit.

Even I as a Celebrity lover have to hate the timing. TA's all coming up with no drinks packages already on them being excluded from the 123's and the like.

ouch. Just.... ouch. :mad:

Be glad you're not a Canadian. Our vacations have gone up by 26% because of our lousy dollar. So now for every drink we have it's drink + 18% + 26%,

That was only $485-$490 p.p. Doesn't even cover the cost of the Premium package for 11 days. Probably cost the cruise line $100-$150 p.p. If it was a "free" perk, I wonder how much the cruise line inflated the cruise cost to recover their spend plus make a profit.

I believe that his example was intended to show only the non-alcoholic beverages that were consumed. There is a comment on his post that says that there were other beverages such as beers and wine but he did not specify any amounts.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus on the T-Mobile 4G LTE Network using Tapatalk Pro

I believe that his example was intended to show only the non-alcoholic beverages that were consumed. There is a comment on his post that says that there were other beverages such as beers and wine but he did not specify any amounts.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus on the T-Mobile 4G LTE Network using Tapatalk Pro

Correct Walter! We had 7 pages of ZERO's last yr.

geezer, we paid $470 pp less than the couple in the 1A deck 8 on the hump next to us that had NO PERKS at all. Then we had $600 OBC from our Celebrity Visa. Inflated? Not for us it wasn't!

And yes, it was an included Classic Bev pkg that we up graded to Premium.

Edited by wallie5446

No need to wait until you are on board. Sit back and relax right here & watch the show.

I sincerely hope that it is the end of all of these "free" incentives to sail.

We have a few cruises booked with perks, no plans to upgrade and not sorry to see them go. Will decide if a package is worth it when we book beyond Jan 2017.

I'm still waiting til end of next week when the dust settles to call and check what the Celebrity office says when I call. One of our group called an agent she trusted as more knowledgeable than most at Celebrity direct and was told for sure to upgrade now as the new price will indeed be charged onboard our cruise in June. I hope enough people complain and head office straightens out the message to the staff so I get the right answer when I call.

I booked a 14 night cruise for April 2017. Booking an aqua class it included all 3 perks. This seems like a bait and switch. Celebrity increases the price of the drink package and makes you pay the difference between old and new prices to upgrade when it is supposed to be included. Isn't that an illegal practice? Sounds like a scam. At this time it appears that Celebrity intended to do this all along while offering all these perks. Next it will be an increase in gratuities or hey, why not increase the fare? Great way to lose customers.

I booked a 14 night cruise for April 2017. Booking an aqua class it included all 3 perks. This seems like a bait and switch. Celebrity increases the price of the drink package and makes you pay the difference between old and new prices to upgrade when it is supposed to be included. Isn't that an illegal practice? Sounds like a scam. At this time it appears that Celebrity intended to do this all along while offering all these perks. Next it will be an increase in gratuities or hey, why not increase the fare? Great way to lose customers.

You have misunderstood what is being done. I assume you have not read all the post in this thread? I would not go out and cancel your cruise based on what you beleive is true.

The difference to upgrade is still $11.80 per day! Please cancell and, never mind, who cares. Long live Carnival!

Edited by wallie5446

PYP is back, choose 1 (not all 3) for sailings thru 2015 with some additional offers on Europe and select sailings.

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/Multi_Dest/Special_Offers/15043765_CEL_PYP_2015_Offer_Flyer.pdf

Yep...Just like a Macy's One Day Sale that starts every Friday, preview day is Thursday and ends on Sunday.

It makes sense that the beverage packages are beneficial to bartenders, since MANY people get them as perks, and MANY people don't come anywhere near getting the actual value from it.

I know if we get half of the value of the package, it will be a lot for us.

So the folks who drink more than the value of the package are offset (probably many times over) by those who don't drink as much.

That's how Celebrity gains. But the bar tenders gain as people also buy more since it's already paid for (or free) anyway, so that incremental purchase doesn't have an extra cost.

Hi see all beverage packages increased, anybody know if alcohol prices bought individuallynot on package also increased by same percentage or just loaded the packages. New to celebrity and want to check before sailing in may whether to purchase package or not by 20 April. Thanks for any help.

No bait and switch. They tried that last year when they removed some of the brands of liquor from the classic package and moved them the premium package. If you have the all inclusive 3 perks you don't need to worry. The only people who are going to be effected by the price increase are those who didn't book under the drink package offer or choose a different perk and will be purchasing the drink package out right.

They already raised the drink gratuity to 18% but that won't effect you either since you have the drink perk. You are still safe even if they raise the hotel charge gratuity since you have all three perks. As for the fares it's been argued that the Celebrity has raised the prices significantly to cover all of the perks that they are offering. So I guess you already paid the higher fare.

Edited by Iamcruzin

You have misunderstood what is being done. I assume you have not read all the post in this thread? I would not go out and cancel your cruise based on what you beleive is true.

I'm not cancelling. I just misunderstood. My agreement with Celebrity has a value so My concern is when I upgrade is it based on the New pricing.