How not to clean a cruise ship - NORWEGIAN EPIC!

eroller

Yikes, I'm scared to book the epic...this and last week a post of bed bugs on epic...omg..

I thought the bed bugs were on the Gem. I guess I missed that. Obviously the poster is accomplishing what he wanted; to get people to think before booking NCL. If, indeed the cabin was anything like he said, I don't blame him one bit, but being a doubter about most things and not very gullible, I do question some of this. BTW, this isnt the cheerleader in me, this time, this is just my not believing anything I hear and only 1/2 of what I see, plus knowing what anyone can do with a vedio.

Edited by newmexicoNita

"....Unreasonable demands?" Your kidding, right? Did you SEE the video? Pretty strong visual evidence I would say -- as my old Grandmother used to say-- "There are none so blind as them that will not see"

Read it again. I simply said that there are things we don't know by watching this gentleman's video. I didn't excuse the hotel director at all. I said that the hotel director did not handle this properly.

The guy said he wrote NCL a letter. Its after the cruise, so it begs the question what he was asking for? There had to be a point to needing a response.

Obviously saying this won't happen again wasn't enough.

WOW! I would not have taken this as well as the OP.

There is no excuse for mold like this. It can be easily done away with and not left to grow.

I do not know what his stateroom was but is does not matter.

This should have been taken care of while they were onboard.

I would have taken those linens to the guest relations desk and left them there and asked for replacements.

What is going on with NCL? YIKES!

With all of the easily transmitted germs in hotels, on ships etc. NCL is negligent IMHO.

I would not stop with NCL-they do get inspected in US ports.

The nastiness shown did not build up over nite, these issues took weeks to get this bad! No cruise ship cabin goes weeks with this happening.... Something is VERY suspicious about this whole thing. Never mind this guy already has one viral video with 1.7 Million views..... And he just happened to get this cabin??? I'm just not that gullible, sorry!

Edited by JVilleGal

This rather clever YouTube video/poem was recently posted by a past NORWEGIAN EPIC passenger who sailed in February. He was not happy about the cleanliness of his cabin, wrote NCL, and never heard back. So he took matters into his own hands and created this poem/video. It's pretty well done actually, and I have to admit some of the cabin conditions are unacceptable.

I have to wonder if having the shower/toilet arrangement in the cabin and not in a separate bathroom is creating extra mold issues on EPIC? This is not the first I've read of mold issues on EPIC.

Seems like NCL is getting a LOT of bad publicity as of late. Not a great start for the new management team it would seem.

Enjoy the video!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=isL8_zyIkwg&spfreload=10

Definitely had me chuckle. Much as I like NCL keeping clean cabins is a necessary function of the ship's crew. It's better for passenger health, longevity of ship facilities, and gee helps eliminate reasons for folks not cruising with them again.

The nastiness shown did not build up over nite, these issues took weeks to get this bad! No cruise ship cabin goes weeks with this happening.... Something is VERY suspicious about this whole thing. Never mind this guy already has one viral video with 1.7 Million views..... And he just happened to get this cabin??? I'm just not that gullible, sorry!

Where is this other video? Just curious.

I looked back at this video. The shots could have been taken anywhere. I do not see anything that would link this to a ship. His letter says he was in stateroom 11317.

If he had included more pics placing this in a ship I would be more inclined to believe his story; my original reaction was this was awful but when you really look at that mold build up and stained bedding, how could anyone stay in this area? I am now not so sure about his claim.

I really don't see the point of anyone just making all this up? To what end? NCL can easily verify that he was on the cruise and in that cabin. They can also verify that he had a complaint onboard. Clearly this guy had cleanliness issues in his cabin and didn't get an appropriate response from NCL. That is why he took the time and trouble to make the video. He doesn't seem like the type that is out to disparage the NCL name just for the fun of it.

Of course there are those on CC that will defend NCL to the death, regardless of the issue and how bad it is.

Everything will be ok - if you look at the webcam now you will see that the Red Cross ship has arrived to help.

fullsize_zpsb6h6yoc0.jpg

The USNS Comfort! WOW I didn't realize an entire hospital ship was required for all the sick EPIC pax! That is one dirty ship! LOL

NCL commented about this on their FB page. They said they had resolved the issue with the customer, they did not say that it did not happen.

Rochelle

The USNS Comfort! WOW I didn't realize an entire hospital ship was required for all the sick EPIC pax! That is one dirty ship! LOL

Have you posted about this on the TA roll call? I haven't seen any discussions of the issues mentioned on the forums carry over onto the roll calls.

Have you posted about this on the TA roll call? I haven't seen any discussions of the issues mentioned on the forums carry over onto the roll calls.

No I haven't. I figure if people are interested in more general info regarding the ship they can read the main forum page.

Regardless of the issues concerning EPIC (and there seem to be a lot lately - declining cleanliness, bed bugs, lackluster service, etc) I tend to take them all with a grain of salt and make my own determinations. I plan to have a great time on the crossing and if I do have issues, I'm confident I can get them resolved while onboard. Of course I'm hoping for no issues at all!

I am huge Norwegian cheerleader. When I had similar issues of cleanliness on Oceania, I found the Hotel Director/ Manager just as unresponsive, a surprise after only sailing Norwegian and experiencing their action on issues. But we now have new leadership at Norwegian and perhaps they have something to do with this change. Now, where did they come from? So, unfortunately, I am not surprised, at the cleanliness or the response. Just wish they could get their act together because both lines have much to offer.

I really don't see the point of anyone just making all this up? To what end? NCL can easily verify that he was on the cruise and in that cabin. They can also verify that he had a complaint onboard. Clearly this guy had cleanliness issues in his cabin and didn't get an appropriate response from NCL. That is why he took the time and trouble to make the video. He doesn't seem like the type that is out to disparage the NCL name just for the fun of it.

Of course there are those on CC that will defend NCL to the death, regardless of the issue and how bad it is.

I am not a defender of any cruise line. I posted that the pics in the video could be in any hotel, motel, ship or otherwise.

It is hard to get that degree of mold growth on a wall and imbedded in the moldings; it takes time.

I live in SW Florida which could substitute for the mold capital of the east coast!

I do not know why someone would go to the length of time it took to make the video but raise these questions.

NCL is not about to post their position on this but the pics are so gross I still cannot understand anyone tolerating these conditions.

I would sleep in the MDR rather than stay in this "cabin". Mold can be dangerous.

This rather clever YouTube video/poem was recently posted by a past NORWEGIAN EPIC passenger who sailed in February. He was not happy about the cleanliness of his cabin, wrote NCL, and never heard back. So he took matters into his own hands and created this poem/video. It's pretty well done actually, and I have to admit some of the cabin conditions are unacceptable.

I have to wonder if having the shower/toilet arrangement in the cabin and not in a separate bathroom is creating extra mold issues on EPIC? This is not the first I've read of mold issues on EPIC.

Seems like NCL is getting a LOT of bad publicity as of late. Not a great start for the new management team it would seem.

Enjoy the video!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=isL8_zyIkwg&spfreload=10

That was great! Thank you for sharing.

to those seasoned ncl cruisers out there-is this typical of ncl ships or is it rare? we will be on the getaway next yr and hope that it'll be clean, since it will only be 2 yrs old. We are an easy going family but cleanliness (or lack thereof) is enough to ruin a vacation. this is unacceptable!

I've never seen an NCL ship look like that - that was disgusting and quite a while of not being cleaned properly. I've never been on the Epic though, and probably won't now.

Just to update the situation....NCL has given us 2 free cruises and I have removed the video. Do you really think they would have given 2 free cruises if it was not verified? And you are wrong about my other video getting 1.7 million views. It got 20 million views. You went to the wrong place. That's not my channel. My video is on Vimeo.

And yes, I just happened to get that cabin. There were multiple emails sent between the VP of Customer services and myself. I don't take kindly to being called a liar.

That room is a disgrace, and it's shocking that NCL didn't respond to his email... i'm beginning to think I made a mistake booking the Epic.

I think if that happened to me, with no response from housekeeping, I would have ripped the sheets off the bed, walked down to the housekeeping dept. and had them take a look! If that didn't work I would bring them to the front desk and see what happened next. BUT, I have never had that happen to me, thank goodness!