Come Sail a Way with us LIVE as the Westerdam meets the Sail a Way Gang

kazu

I know I was asked, so here you go...

Our Captain is Captain Rens Van Eerten

Our Hotel Director is Mark L. Pells

and out cruise director is Shane Michaels.

We do have unlimited internet offered on the cruise. The flyer I got in my cabin said it was for the 16 day cruise but when you log in it says it is for your full voyage, so time will tell if it is the price for the 16 (which I think it is) or the 20 or 21.

The flyer specifically breaks the cost down by day for the 16 day and that is what the price ended up being when I checked my onboard account today.

So the Social Plan is for social websites and apps and is $49 for the voyage (16 days).

The value plan is for web, etc. but no skype or video and is $149

and the Premium Plan offers "faster" service for skype, video, etc. with limitations and is $229.

I opted for the $149 and so far all is good. In fact, I am on my balcony typing :)

I love that I don't have to copy or paste and can just try to read and answer.

Good deal IMO whether it is for 16 or 20

Edited by kazu

They say a burst hot water pipe. So far I am up 2 appetizer plates, chocolate covered strawberries and a PG dinner!

How about fixing the problem instead of plying you with goodies. This is something I find tiresome on hal. I hope this issue gets resolved.

I love that I don't have to copy or paste and can just try to read and answer.

Good deal IMO whether it is for 16 or 20

That really is a good deal. I used 1,000 minutes on our 14 day trip in December - and I used my cell phone as an access point, which meant we weren't using minutes in port. (Clearly, I have a problem.)

I hope someone can answer that question for you ;)

I had the Oasis booked aka the Grand Cabana for those on the roll call that wanted to do it. The 17 of us had a great time, good food, good drinks and wonderful service. 1of4's children coulld swim withe the life guards watching, some snorkelled, some got in the hot tub and some got on the mats.

a great day I think. Our lunch was delicious IMO. The PG staff took good care of us as did Mario our bar tender. There was nothing they couldn't do for us.

I think we frustrated them as we weren't demanding :)

Sounds like a great way to spend the day at HMC.

Would love to have a large enough rollcall to do that one day.

Enjoy the rest of the cruise. Looking forward to more details.

They say a burst hot water pipe. So far I am up 2 appetizer plates, chocolate covered strawberries and a PG dinner!

I think you are in a Neptune Suite. Receiving late afternoon hot, cold, or both appetizer plates is what one should expect in a Neptune Suite. Chocolate covered strawberries would also appear at some point in time. I would consider a free PG dinner to be an attempt to compensate for your problem. But, another dinner, maybe Le Cirque, or maybe a PG lunch or two ought to be requested. In my opinion.

Given the Captain, Hotel Director, and Cruise Director you have: you have a great Senior administrative team!

Good wishes for an improving cruise experience!

I think you are in a Neptune Suite. Receiving late afternoon hot, cold, or both appetizer plates is what one should expect in a Neptune Suite. Chocolate covered strawberries would also appear at some point in time. I would consider a free PG dinner to be an attempt to compensate for your problem. But, another dinner, maybe Le Cirque, or maybe a PG lunch or two ought to be requested. In my opinion.

Given the Captain, Hotel Director, and Cruise Director you have: you have a great Senior administrative team!

Good wishes for an improving cruise experience!

I have been in a neptune suite 2 times and the pinnacle once. Appitizers and chocolate covered strawberries never just appeared in my cabin. I've always had to order them. Did they just appear out of the blue in your room? Hal needs to fix the room and offer an apology at the very least.

Sounds like a great way to spend the day at HMC.

Would love to have a large enough rollcall to do that one day.

Enjoy the rest of the cruise. Looking forward to more details.

I highly recommedn the Oasis. This is my second time and my first as the tour booker. a picture is worth a 1,000 words :)

7058dcf98d0b5bf56c2469b247a878cd.jpg3eb0af89394c7259d79b17f207354487.jpg

f6700d0d45bf9d1ba4de67acdc6e5d0e.jpg

7e39c74119e661e44dc2ff291e7382ca.jpg

f97114a7fbf5171808a9f6907f2bd70e.jpg

Edited by kazu

That sounds really bad.

You can get free appetizers in the Neptune Lounge. When we were on the Noordam, chocolate covered strawberries were always in the Neptune Lounge.

They need to give you more -- a couple of Pinnacle dinners, Le Cirque and a couple of bottles of good wine -- maybe even some shipboard credit.

I kind of went ahead but back to yesterday, smooth embarkation and DH did not clue in when they checked off our cabin number nor when we ggotthe gold card and before the lady could explain our benefits - I said it's ok - we know. DH noticed some cards were blue and I Vict0riann came to my rescue and said some cards are blue and some are gold - you are probably 4* mariners. LOL (she is too)

So we head to the room and Jose is starting to realize we must be on the wrong floor as we walk past the Neptune Lounge. he was about to say something to me (he told me later) and then figured I probably knew a short cut and was going to go down a flight of stairs. When I stopped at the room with the balloons, he was puzzled and about to tell me I was on the wrong floor when my key worked. He looked and said - sheesh this is ok for a Signature Suite. I found my gift card for him and just laughed and said happy anniversary.

WHAT? WHAT? really????

At dinner he told me he was still in shock - and yes he was very happy. :)

The man does have good taste after all.

So the surprise really worked. I figured by embarkation I would be caught and what the heck, I would tell him but no, right to the room.

He is a very happy camper :)

For my fellow roll call members who so generously offered the use of their showers and as much hot water as we needed... we now have hot water!! AND an almost dry floor AND (drumroll ) full power. Life is good LOL.

YAY! Glad it is getting sorted out :D

I have been in a neptune suite 2 times and the pinnacle once. Appitizers and chocolate covered strawberries never just appeared in my cabin. I've always had to order them. Did they just appear out of the blue in your room? Hal needs to fix the room and offer an apology at the very least.

Aboard the Westerdam in a Neptune Suite, I visited the Neptune Lounge soon after depositing my carry-on bag in the suite and getting myself oriented. The conceirge welcomed me, I sat at her desk, and we had a brief conversation. I arranged for the delivery of the hot and cold hors d'oerves at that time at a specific time. One day into the cruise, I realized that they were arriving one hour too soon for my liking and I requested that their delivery be delayed by 60 minutes. And, they were.

I did not have to request the strawberries.

I agree that HAL needs to do more in this situation than they have apparently done. Given the Senior Management involved, I think that will happen.

I love being bribed.:D Glad they are getting things fixed, Lizzie.

Thank Kazu for the great pictures. Looks like you had an awesome time in HMC. Glad your DH was surprised with your up sell to a Neptune Suite.

kazu,

I absolutely loved your post about your DH's response to being in a Neptune Suite! His delight mirrors mine when I was able to get an upsell to that stateroom category.

For me, PG Breakfast was nothing more than OK. For me, PG breakfast was too formal and, sorry to say, service was lacking and I think it was because there were too many Stewards involved in serving me. Breakfast on the veranda, however, was a delight.

Have a wonderful cruise!

Edited by rkacruiser

Great pictures Jacqui -- I don't know who is who.

Hope you answer my question.

sorry KK, did I miss a question? I thought the one you had was for Lizzie? From what I understood a hot water pipe burst. But I am repeating second hand.

I love being bribed.:D Glad they are getting things fixed, Lizzie.

Thank Kazu for the great pictures. Looks like you had an awesome time in HMC. Glad your DH was surprised with your up sell to a Neptune Suite.

thanks Melodies - I will get up to date hopefully with a sea day. and bring everyone up to speed.

rkacruiser - sorry can only quote two - the PG was great this morning - more to follow.

Adagio and dinner time!

kazu,

I absolutely loved your post about your DH's response to being in a Neptune Suite! His delight mirrors mine when I was able to get an upsell to that stateroom category.

For me, PG Breakfast was nothing more than OK. For me, PG breakfast was too formal and, sorry to say, service was lacking and I think it was because there were too many Stewards involved in serving me. Breakfast on the veranda, however, was a delight.

Have a wonderful cruise!

Service in the pinnacle was terrible on the Westerdam last April but great on the Oosterdam and NA. Sometimes they just can't get it together.

Edited by cruz chic

I kind of went ahead but back to yesterday, smooth embarkation and DH did not clue in when they checked off our cabin number nor when we ggotthe gold card and before the lady could explain our benefits - I said it's ok - we know. DH noticed some cards were blue and I Vict0riann came to my rescue and said some cards are blue and some are gold - you are probably 4* mariners. LOL (she is too)

So we head to the room and Jose is starting to realize we must be on the wrong floor as we walk past the Neptune Lounge. he was about to say something to me (he told me later) and then figured I probably knew a short cut and was going to go down a flight of stairs. When I stopped at the room with the balloons, he was puzzled and about to tell me I was on the wrong floor when my key worked. He looked and said - sheesh this is ok for a Signature Suite. I found my gift card for him and just laughed and said happy anniversary.

WHAT? WHAT? really????

So the surprise really worked. I figured by embarkation I would be caught and what the heck, I would tell him but no, right to the room.

Jacqui, I am thrilled that it all went perfectly, it would have been good to be a little mouse following you around to hear this :D

<snip>

thanks Melodies - I will get up to date hopefully with a sea day. and bring everyone up to speed.

<snip>

Adagio and dinner time!

Don't worry Kazu about getting us all up to speed, we know your all are off having a great time,:) while we're all sitting at home pouting.:( boohoo!

Congratulations on pulling off the surprise! :)