Most Pinnacle Members on a Sailing

Paul65

Why would anyone even care about crap like this?

Are "Pinnacle" members royalty? Or celebrities?

Why does it matter how many of these people who spend idiotic amounts of money and cruise solely for the recognition, attention and bragging rights (they feel they have) are on your cruise? Does it affect your enjoyment?

Or are you a wannabe yourself? :rolleyes:

Boys, boys, boys, indeed, lighten up ! Just always wondered what the different levels were and what it took to achieve them. Your signatures include your cruises, even some x2. I didn't think you were being a pompous snob for announcing so. Gerry P.S. Thanks Bob.

Edited by buckeye rob

On the Serenade last week, there were 9 Pinnacle C&A members (and I was not one of them :)), which seemed like a lot to me for one sailing, but someone said there would be 38 on the next sailing - the repo to Boston. I don't know if that number is accurate or not, but it made me curious to know what some of your experiences have been in terms of the highest number on any of your sailings.

36 actually [emoji33]

More on the next cruise. Boston to Copenhagen. [emoji33] [emoji33]

The final sailing of Monarch had a very high number of PC members also. I don't recall the exact number, but I believe it was also in the 30's.

The number 29 is what I remember. Still a lot for a 3 night cruise.

It's even easier now that they give singles an extra point per night. Now a single can reach Pinnacle in 34 weeks at sea in a JS if they sail as a single.

The extra point is only awarded when paying the full 200% fare.

Most solos are looking for the reduced supplement so aren't necessarily getting the extra point.

Most solos are looking for the reduced supplement so aren't necessarily getting the extra point.

Not true, a single gets the extra point no matter the supplement, as long as they are booking a stateroom that normally holds 2 or more.

Edited by clarea

Are you sure about that? My wife has cruised with some friends a couple times and she has always had her own cabin.

I have no idea how Royal figures out the single supplement... it's always more than 1.5 times what the per person rate is but it has never been at the full 200%. And that's taking subtracting the extra tax/fees into account as well.

Also, when we check about a week after her cruise, she has always gotten the double points.

Tim

Why does it matter how many of these people who spend idiotic amounts of money and cruise solely for the recognition, attention and bragging rights (they feel they have) are on your cruise? Does it affect your enjoyment?

Well aren't you a delightful individual.

Not true, a single gets the extra point no matter the supplement, as long as they are booking a stateroom that normally holds 2 or more.

You could be correct as I am thinking of the time I reserved a studio on Quantum before they were classed as holding up to 2. I was definitely getting only one point. I changed to a double and sail May 2, so, time will tell.

Don't get me started on the solo hit to the future cruise certificate OBC, though. [emoji33]

If you don't care why did you bother to open, read, and respond to this thread?

Or just maybe you do care.

I started the thread just because I heard a number that seemed high and it just made me curious. Based an your post, though, it seems you have given it more thought and "care" more than I.

• 1 month later...
You could be correct as I am thinking of the time I reserved a studio on Quantum before they were classed as holding up to 2. I was definitely getting only one point. I changed to a double and sail May 2, so, time will tell.

Don't get me started on the solo hit to the future cruise certificate OBC, though. [emoji33]

Time told. I was awarded only one point for a booking in a double occupancy room for which I paid less than the 200%. I had wished there would be some consistency between what other posters reported and what I would get.

Edited by Steeler Nation At Sea

Time told. I was awarded only one point for a booking in a double occupancy room for which I paid less than the 200%. I had wished there would be some consistency between what other posters reported and what I would get.

If your cruise was after Oct 2013, then you should call C&A and request the extra points. C&A has generally been very good about fixing the points when singles don't get the extra points.

Cruised single this past November and December with 175% supplement. Received double points for both sailings in less than 10 days after returning:).

Edited by LeeBe

Do you know how they will handle the cabins on Quantum class that don't have a single supplement, but can hold 2 (eg. the studio balcony cabins). I had assumed because there was no single supplement that the double points wouldn't apply, but the room category does have a capacity of up to 2.

If your cruise was after Oct 2013, then you should call C&A and request the extra points. C&A has generally been very good about fixing the points when singles don't get the extra points.

Tell that to the poor D+ schmuck who is missing 20 points and threatening to cancel 12 future cruises. ;)

On our Indy cruise in February 3 new members to the Pinnacle Club were on our sailing and were recognized for the achievement. I never care how many of any C&A category are on board, but these 3 couples were a lot of fun to chat with and hear about some of the places they have gone and some of the things they do on sailings.

We had very nice conversations with such down to earth people....who just happen to cruise a lot and often (not always) do it in suites. Good for them.

The Allure Eastbound TA in April 2015 had 86 Pinnacle, almost 1K D+, and around 1100 D. Super Mario was also on that sailing and recognized at the welcome back party. I don't recall the numbers for the lower levels (I am only Gold myself)...but as I was doing the math I believe that less than 20% of the passengers on board were first timers with no loyalty status. There were about 5200 on the sailing?

(I'm going on memory alone here, so if anyone else from the sailing recalls differently...correct me.)

Do you know how they will handle the cabins on Quantum class that don't have a single supplement, but can hold 2 (eg. the studio balcony cabins). I had assumed because there was no single supplement that the double points wouldn't apply, but the room category does have a capacity of up to 2.

I don't know for sure because I don't recall reading anythng about those staterooms. However, my guess would be that if there's no single supplement, there would be no extra points.

If you are in that situation, and you talk to Royal and they say you will get extra points, I would request that they send that in writing.

The Allure Eastbound TA in April 2015 had 86 Pinnacle, almost 1K D+, and around 1100 D. Super Mario was also on that sailing and recognized at the welcome back party. I don't recall the numbers for the lower levels (I am only Gold myself)...but as I was doing the math I believe that less than 20% of the passengers on board were first timers with no loyalty status. There were about 5200 on the sailing?

(I'm going on memory alone here, so if anyone else from the sailing recalls differently...correct me.)

TAs seem to be like that - the Brilliance TA this month had about 1600 C&A members out of about 2000 on board - the highest Pinnacle on board was at around 1100 points. As another poster mentioned, some of those are the nicest folks - had a great chat with two Canadian Pinnacles at the CruiseCritic lunch on board (and shared rough weather stories during the roughest portion of the crossing - waves reaching the deck 4 windows :eek:)