Most Pinnacle Members on a Sailing

Paul65

On the Serenade last week, there were 9 Pinnacle C&A members (and I was not one of them :)), which seemed like a lot to me for one sailing, but someone said there would be 38 on the next sailing - the repo to Boston. I don't know if that number is accurate or not, but it made me curious to know what some of your experiences have been in terms of the highest number on any of your sailings.

This was a peak week, interesting how the pyramid shifts.:)

Jewel Thanskgiving 2014

C&A members on this cruise: 864

Pinnacle (0)

Diamond + (45)

Diamond (118)

Platinum (123)

Emerald (70)

Gold (508)

DL (Vortex) and CL were never crowded:D

Edited by PompeySailor

Okay guys, don't make fun. I have only cruised a couple times on Princess. Very nice time. Excellent cruises. Trying RCl on Oasis this August. Been reading CC almost daily since I booked last September. Amazing information among many repeat members here. Obviously years of cruising amassed. Didn't realize there were so many levels of membership. Where do you guys find out about the makeup of a cruise ? Is it in a daily itinerary, or paper on that particular cruise ? What does it take to achieve different levels. ? I know when I cruised Princess I received 2 credits per cruise because of staying in an owners suite. I assume RCL is similar.

Okay guys, don't make fun. I have only cruised a couple times on Princess. Very nice time. Excellent cruises. Trying RCl on Oasis this August. Been reading CC almost daily since I booked last September. Amazing information among many repeat members here. Obviously years of cruising amassed. Didn't realize there were so many levels of membership. Where do you guys find out about the makeup of a cruise ? Is it in a daily itinerary, or paper on that particular cruise ? What does it take to achieve different levels. ? I know when I cruised Princess I received 2 credits per cruise because of staying in an owners suite. I assume RCL is similar.

You will receive 1 point per night if staying in an inside/oceanview/balcony.

Junior Suites and above receive 2 points per night.

Singles staying in double occupancy rooms get 2 points per night.

Edited by OfTheSeasCruiser

The Loyalty Ambassador will sometimes announce how many passengers of each C&A level are sailing at the welcome back party.

During the welcome back party the Loyalty Ambassador runs through the numbers of who's onboard.

More info about the loyalty perks:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/cas/benefitsLoggedout.do

CL's Reyno & Mario, and loyalty ambassador (can't remember her name now) announced on the Dec 1-11, 2014 sailing of Quantum to have the highest number of Pinnacles ever on any sailing up to that date, as well as the highest total number of D/D+/PNs on any sailing so far.

It was approx 75 PNs (I just can't recall this PN total so I could be out of line here), 600 D+'s, 670 D's (but I do remember these approx numbers) for approx 1350 D's and above on board out of 3800 passengers (we did not sail at the 4100 capacity that sailing). If someone who can remember or has written down the exact numbers can correct me please do (Merion_Mom or mommabean would likely know). :)

Edited by Hoopster95

More info about the loyalty perks:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/cas/benefitsLoggedout.do

Thanks for the info Bob. Had not been able to find that schedule. Wow !! So a Pinnacle at 700 points if staying in a full suite for a 7 day cruise would have had to have spent about 50 weeks at sea at about 14 points per cruise. I see there was reference about ways to increase points faster, but still that is an impressive accomplishment. Gerry

Thanks for the info Bob. Had not been able to find that schedule. Wow !! So a Pinnacle at 700 points if staying in a full suite for a 7 day cruise would have had to have spent about 50 weeks at sea at about 14 points per cruise. I see there was reference about ways to increase points faster, but still that is an impressive accomplishment. Gerry

It's even easier now that they give singles an extra point per night. Now a single can reach Pinnacle in 34 weeks at sea in a JS if they sail as a single.

Why would anyone even care about crap like this?

Are "Pinnacle" members royalty? Or celebrities?

Why does it matter how many of these people who spend idiotic amounts of money and cruise solely for the recognition, attention and bragging rights (they feel they have) are on your cruise? Does it affect your enjoyment?

Or are you a wannabe yourself? :rolleyes:

Why would anyone even care about crap like this?

Are "Pinnacle" members royalty? Or celebrities?

Why does it matter how many of these people who spend idiotic amounts of money and cruise solely for the recognition, attention and bragging rights (they feel they have) are on your cruise? Does it affect your enjoyment?

Or are you a wannabe yourself? :rolleyes:

Dude!!! Lighten up!!! I'm sure there are things you do that others could probably give a flip about as well.

We just made Pinnacle this past November. We are not "royalty", we are not "celebrities". I will give you that over the coarse of the time it took to reach Pinnacle that we probably did spend what you call "idiotic amounts of money" over the years. However, nobody has gone hungry, all the bills have been paid, and we still have some money stashed away. We're retired and we enjoy cruising over other vacations such as camping, going to theme parks, etc. So what's wrong with that?

Why can't you just agree to the "to each his own" idea and stop being mister buzzkill?

Tim

Edited by cruisin4kicks