HAL and Carnival both at HMC

Stakeout

having been to Half Moon Cay over 3 dozen times since the beginning always was told that a HAL ship and a Carnival ship would never be in port the same day... also have been told recently that a lot of changes at HAL would be taking place in the not too distant future and that high-day Mariners and regulars will not be pleased with those changes--pleaze don't ask who told me..thanx :)

happen to come across this port schedule for Half Moon Cay on March 28, 2016 checking on a Maasdam back to back Panama Canal cruise next March...

http://ports.cruisett.com/schedule/Bahamas/265-Half_Moon_Cay/March_2016/

this is NOT good.. looks like the changes and the way a lot of us know HAL will be disappointing with the new regime in there... oh well I guess one must try to adapt

Amazing... There is also a Carnival ship at Half Moon Cay on Oct. 15, 2015 with the Oosterdam..

But I've noticed that on most of the months HAL isn't even listed at Half Moon Cay.. I looked at all the months in 2016 & most of the fall months in 2015..

Very strange..Wonder what's going on with that..:confused:

hope you are right but not on the two sites I went to.. they show the Splendor leaving Miami on 3/27 and in HMC on 3/28

Cruise Line: Carnival 175x50c.png Ship: Splendor Departs: MIAMI, FL - Sunday, March 27, 2016 Returns: MIAMI, FL - Sunday, April 03, 2016

Itinerary Details + View More

03/27 MIAMI, FL

(Depart 04:00 PM) 03/28 HALF MOON CAY, THE BAHAMAS

(09:00 AM - 05:00 PM) 03/29 FUN DAY AT SEA 03/30 ST. THOMAS, USVI

(10:00 AM - 06:00 PM) 03/31 SAN JUAN, PUERTO RICO

(07:00 AM - 03:30 PM) 04/01 GRAND TURK

(11:00 AM - 05:30 PM) 04/02 FUN DAY AT SEA 04/03 MIAMI, FL

(Arrive 08:00 AM)

Edited by Stakeout

hope you are right but not on the two sites I went to.. they show the Splendor leaving Miami on 3/27 and in HMC on 3/28

I think it's probably safe to assume that Carnival is correctly selling the sailing. For what it's worth that sailing doesn't even go to HMC.

Proof? Here you go. I would trust CCL's own website over some random compilation that I personally have already found incorrect on numerous occasions.

http://www.carnival.com/itinerary/7-day-eastern-caribbean-cruise/miami/splendor/7-days/cex/?numGuests=2&destination=caribbean&dest=C&datFrom=032016&datTo=032016&dur=D2&shipCode=SL

Don't panic! This apparent scheduling of HAL and Carnival together at HMC has happened in past years, and when the date gets close the Carnival itinerary has always changed to some other place, such as Nassau or Freeport.

Think of the accounting mess it would cause with two lines selling cabanas and excursions at different prices, and passengers from both lines charging drinks at bars, and goods at shops. What logos would be on the shop goods? It just wouldn't be worth the problems, and I doubt very, very much that it will ever happen.

Edited by jtl513

Don't panic! This apparent scheduling of HAL and Carnival together at HMC has happened in past years, and when the date gets close the Carnival itinerary has always changed to some other place, such as Nassau or Freeport.

Agree. This concern has popped up many times before, and every time, the Carnival ship has changed their route to leave HMC for HAL.

I remember someone on the Private Islands board getting all excited one of the on line ports boards listed FOUR ships at HMC, 2 HAL, 2 Carnival. At my insistence they went back and checked again. The listing was Oosterdam 7am-3pm, Carnival ship 7am-3pm, Ooosterdam 9-5, same Carnival ship 8-5. The poster had not even noticed Oosterdam and the Carnival ship listed twice. In the end, the Carnival ship didn't stop at HMC, and Oosterdam was there alone.

That is why I don't even look at the online port sites. The rare times I care about how many ships are at a port, I search for the port website and the cruise ship schedule.

Edited by CruiserBruce

having been to Half Moon Cay over 3 dozen times since the beginning always was told that a HAL ship and a Carnival ship would never be in port the same day... also have been told recently that a lot of changes at HAL would be taking place in the not too distant future and that high-day Mariners and regulars will not be pleased with those changes--pleaze don't ask who told me..thanx :)

happen to come across this port schedule for Half Moon Cay on March 28, 2016 checking on a Maasdam back to back Panama Canal cruise next March...

this is NOT good.. looks like the changes and the way a lot of us know HAL will be disappointing with the new regime in there... oh well I guess one must try to adapt

When one is spending discretionary vacation dollars, one does not HAVE to try to adapt. One chooses where and how to spend those dollars. ;)

Think of the accounting mess it would cause with two lines selling cabanas and excursions at different prices, and passengers from both lines charging drinks at bars, and goods at shops. What logos would be on the shop goods? It just wouldn't be worth the problems, and I doubt very, very much that it will ever happen.

You're right....... :)

Per above, Don't Panic!

When this has happened in the past, the Carnival ship is always changed to Nassau or Freeport.

LuLu

Per above, Don't Panic!

When this has happened in the past, the Carnival ship is always changed to Nassau or Freeport.

LuLu

That is what I remember from this same scenario a few times in the past. Carnival didn't not stop at the island if an HAL ship was there.

Im not sure who told U thiz or why but itz not troo. I will pay you $50 if theres both a HAL ship and a Carnival ship with concurrent port callz at 0.5 Moon Cay on March 28 2016.

I do recall previous threads discussing the same issue.

Another reason it won't happen is that Carnival and HAL charge differently for things like the cabanas - and HAL being more expensive than Carnival.

Edited by Boytjie

Amazing... There is also a Carnival ship at Half Moon Cay on Oct. 15, 2015 with the Oosterdam..

But I've noticed that on most of the months HAL isn't even listed at Half Moon Cay.. I looked at all the months in 2016 & most of the fall months in 2015..

Very strange..Wonder what's going on with that..:confused:

Again -- only Oosterdam listed on cruisetimetables is listed on Oct 15 for HMC.