Escalating complaints

gergles

How do you get X to respond to a complaint you have? I have filled it out in the survey (and asked to be contacted), emailed the 'one touch' email address, emailed the concerns address, and called the customer service line (which seems to be a sales line who just suggests that I email the concerns address.)

It's been over 10 days since my last contact and I still have yet to hear anything from anyone at Celebrity. What is a foolproof way to actually get them to respond to you?

I've always gotten a response from the contact Michael address but that response come from one touch.

It may help to give a brief synopsis of the complaint as long as you're willing to hear opinions on the complaint.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've always gotten a response from the contact Michael address but that response come from one touch.

It may help to give a brief synopsis of the complaint as long as you're willing to hear opinions on the complaint.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LOL, that would be like opening up Pandora's Box -- You just never know what kind of opinions you will get here on Cruise Critic. :eek:

Post here at your own risk. :D

+ 2 for the contact Michael address (hmmm, wonder if that needs to change). Always got a response quickly even if it was just to let me know my concern had been escalated to a particular department.

I have also called Captain's club with good results.

Guess a lot will depend on your specific complaint and what you have asked for as far as resolution and contact.

Good luck. And I agree with Wine-O, no point in airing your dirty laundry here unless you want a bunch of comments that may or may not agree with your complaint.

You probably won't hear anything because I think they don't care. Years ago, they use to have a disembarkation meeting, in the theater, to inform you on how it worked. One of the things they covered was the survey, that will be delivered to your stateroom. They practically begged you to fill it out and give them good reviews. They said their job and wages depended on it. Now it's a small mention in the daily program. Now they e-mail them to you. My last couple of cruises were less than stellar so I listed what I thought wasn't right. Due to lack of room, I gave them my phone number in case they wanted more details. We cruised last April on the Silhouette and October on the Equinox. Still waiting for a reply. I was not looking or asking for any compensation, just an answer on why things were different.

Until recently, I have always responded to surveys. I have also taken time to carefully think about the questions. Most cruises/vacations are good. I had thought that cruise/vacation companies really valued feedback. That was until I had a poor experience. (Not Celebrity) The response to my concerns was a form letter that stated that they prided on positive responses. Since my survey did not meet their goal, I should not respond to their surveys again. Was it really a survey? NO!!! It was just a waste of my time. There has been a lot of comments about the Celebrity online surveys on the web having a one week expiration. If anybody really values a survey they would welcome responses at anytime. I have taken b2b cruises. The first cruise survey expired before I got home.

The contactMichael email is no longer in operation.

Thanks for letting us know that. One of the Zeniths said that he was "chastised" for using it, last month. After hearing that, I figured that it wouldn't be around for much longer.

I actually got a call almost immediately after posting this thread (hmmmm) that offered a full resolution of the issue I complained about. I'm not sure which of the emails did it, but either way, I guess just wait longer than you think you should have to and they'll get to you eventually. :)

I actually got a call almost immediately after posting this thread (hmmmm) that offered a full resolution of the issue I complained about. I'm not sure which of the emails did it, but either way, I guess just wait longer than you think you should have to and they'll get to you eventually. :)

Very good -- thanks for letting us know! :)

"Been 7 months post cruise and I still haven't gotten the email to do the survey."

And you won't -- they are sent out the week after your cruise. The link is only live for a short time after that.

Some people have reported that the email ends up in their spam box, and they didn't realize until after the deadline.

Others don't get the survey because of invalid email addresses. Or a screw-up by Celebrity. But the bottom line is, if you don't get it within a week after your cruise, you will never get it.

You probably won't hear anything because I think they don't care. Years ago, they use to have a disembarkation meeting, in the theater, to inform you on how it worked. One of the things they covered was the survey, that will be delivered to your stateroom. They practically begged you to fill it out and give them good reviews. They said their job and wages depended on it. Now it's a small mention in the daily program. Now they e-mail them to you. My last couple of cruises were less than stellar so I listed what I thought wasn't right. Due to lack of room, I gave them my phone number in case they wanted more details. We cruised last April on the Silhouette and October on the Equinox. Still waiting for a reply. I was not looking or asking for any compensation, just an answer on why things were different.

You are lucky if you got a survey to complete. My last 3 cruises I have not received the email survey. I called Captains Club to make certain they had my email address, and they did. I also did not receive announcements about cruises I would have booked....they sold out before I found out. Serious communication issues as well as their well documented web site issues. We are loyal Elite+ cruisers and not happy with what is goind down.

Recommendation is to always lodge your complaint at the time of your problem so that Celebrity has a chance to rectify it for you.Much harder for them to physically do much after the cruise.

I do that but some issues are corporate and can only be addressed by those in charge in Miami. I try to dwell on the good, fun times of the cruise and put the rest to bed.