What's your favourite concierge class perk?

LuckiePuris

thanks, I can assure you I went down every avenue to try and get one, no joy on my cruises unless it is a perk that is described in the cabin catergory when booking. I end up asking for more pillows but sometimes they are even reluctant to offer those.

Using that logic, aqua class passengers no longer get the complimentary champagne in their rooms, the fresh fruit and some other perks that concierge class passengers get. We know that's not true, but one can't rely on the web pages to tell you much of anything accurate.

Rules are made up on the ship....if they don't know where to find a pillow, "it's not available on this cruise" and so on.

All you can do is smile and escalate....

Using that logic, aqua class passengers no longer get the complimentary champagne in their rooms, the fresh fruit and some other perks that concierge class passengers get. We know that's not true, but one can't rely on the web pages to tell you much of anything accurate.

Rules are made up on the ship....if they don't know where to find a pillow, "it's not available on this cruise" and so on.

All you can do is smile and escalate....

This is nothing to do with 'logic', this is my own personal experience, if your experience has been different then I'm glad for you. I am sharing my experience and hope that may be helpful to someone.

If I can get CC at a small extra cost I will take it, it guarantees me things that make my cruise experience more pleasurable.

Edited by redridinghood

This is nothing to do with 'logic', this is my own personal experience, if your experience has been different then I'm glad for you. I am sharing my experience and hope that may be helpful to someone.

If I can get CC at a small extra cost I will take it, it guarantees me things that make my cruise experience more pleasurable.

We have been told that pillows weren't available when in CC......however it probably increases your chance of getting the pillow of your choice.

I will only pick CC for the room size (M class), footstools (but would only pay slightly more for this perk), or for a better location. I will never reach Zenith so the points don't matter to me anymore as I am as far as I can get. None of the other perks are worth paying more money IMHO. If 1-2-3 or similar perks are better, that of course would factor in as well.

We booked balcony but were upgraded to CC at embarkation. Wow!

We love the daily canape in the afternoon in CC class.

But if we have to pay for CC, I'd rather pay a little bit extra and book Aqua Class. It will be nice to dine at Blu.

Now I am hunting for a suitable itinerary, time and price for our next X cruise!

This may be a strange question but, I have never cruised before, so not too well informed. The bathrobes, are they new or are they washed and re-used?

If you do take the robe home, you will be billed $62 for it, pricing is indicated in the Amenities Guide I have perviously referred to in this thread.

Just as hotels do, hey reuse them and bill when they go missing.

When I use a robe, I always be sure to place the dirty, used robe in the tub or shower when I leave to ensure it isn't confused as being new and clean in the closet.

The extended breakfast menu- and on board Milli- class- the slightly bigger cabin! Thats about it! ! !

I would not book a Concierge on board a Solstice Class ship- just if I get it as an upgrade! Not worth the higher price AT ALL!

Pillow menu- well never saw one.

Those canapes- always tell NOT to bring them!

Binocular- seldom needed them

better bathrobe- always like the much lighter waffle robe better!

From Celebrity web site about CC staterooms:

" If personalized Concierge service, priority check-in and early disembarkation appeal to you, Concierge Class is your clear choice."

Has any one experienced " personalized Concierge service" or even asked for this?

I will be on a 13 day cruise in a C1. I plan on asking the ship Concierge desk next to guest relations for advice and recommendations for things to do and places to eat in our ports of call. We have a ton of OBC and want to use some of it on ship tours.I will let you know what this CC benefit really means in Europe in 2016.

From Celebrity web site about CC staterooms:

" If personalized Concierge service, priority check-in and early disembarkation appeal to you, Concierge Class is your clear choice."

Has any one experienced " personalized Concierge service" or even asked for this?

I will be on a 13 day cruise in a C1. I plan on asking the ship Concierge desk next to guest relations for advice and recommendations for things to do and places to eat in our ports of call. We have a ton of OBC and want to use some of it on ship tours.I will let you know what this CC benefit really means in Europe in 2016.

I know on my recent cruises (last 4 of them or so) I have received a notecard and a phone call from the "Destination Concierge" offering special excursions. I never take them up on it.

In reality, what can a concierge on a ship really do for you, other than sell you an excursion os specialty dining.

The robes are washed and reused. The slippers, on the other hand, if you get them, are new and you may take them home.

Or, not washed and reused. On our recent Millennium cruise, my wife wore the robe for two days and then reached in the pocket to find some business cards. The robe "looked" fresh but had not been laundered from the previous user. We insisted on new robes in the cabin and were immediately accommodated.

I know on my recent cruises (last 4 of them or so) I have received a notecard and a phone call from the "Destination Concierge" offering special excursions. I never take them up on it.

In reality, what can a concierge on a ship really do for you, other than sell you an excursion os specialty dining.

I did use the Concierge desk on the Constellation at the port of Rhodes. It was just by chance. While waiting for our little group down by guest relations. I asked the woman behind the concierge desk if she had a map of Rhodes, we were going to go to Delos by local bus.

She gave me the best city map, showed me where to walk from ship to get the bus. Pointed out a couple of museums to explore around the bus location after we came back from Delos, including a tourist information center with good clean restrooms.

So I do plan to pick their brains when on a 13 day cruise around the Iberian Peninsula on the Constellation. I will also do my own research, book some private and ship tours and do some DIY ports too.

Yep, I book CC because we too like the little extras. And yea they are little but we like them nonetheless. Even booked CC before all the perks. Start on M class due to the larger cabin.

Location is one reason although you can get a good 1A location if you book soon enough. But, the price of a 1A is not much different than a CC whenever we book. On the flip side I've upgraded to AQ becasue the price wasn't much different a couple of times.

I spend a LOT of time on the balcony and the foot stools are a must. if you don't spend a lot of time on the balcony then maybe not that important.

Expanded breakfast rooms service is nice but after about the 4th day we had eaten so much we didn't need much delivered but some fruit, croissants and coffee.

We do like the nicer robes but don't use the slippers. Flowers are nice too but that might be more from being Elite as I've read above.

So enjoy your CC cabin. I am always amazed at how many people say it's not worth it, I'd never do it, etc. even after you said you already booked it. What value does that do except make you feel bad for booking it? If you were asking for advice as to if you should book it that's one thing.

Go and see for yourself and I think you will be happy. We are.

enjoy

On our first CC cruise (2009) I do believe there was an actual "concierge" for our cabin, which offered services such as dealing with the specialties or excursion desks, which was nice when we didn't have time. Also, the "service" seemed better than from just a cabin steward. However, not sure if there is still such a difference.

So enjoy your CC cabin. I am always amazed at how many people say it's not worth it, I'd never do it, etc. even after you said you already booked it. What value does that do except make you feel bad for booking it? If you were asking for advice as to if you should book it that's one thing.

It could be a "Heads Up" to some that they should more closely look at price paid and the actual perks delivered for that extra price to determine vale for money.

Perhaps booking the cabin category less would provide extra cash to pay for extras on board such as Persian Gardens, specialty dining etc. It's really just giving advice, recommendations and suggesting a more careful look at the nature of the perks the category offers.

Reservations for most who book can be modified up until final payments, so even if one has booked into CC, and then reads more about it here, they some may decide to downgrade, take the extra cash saved and use that saved cash to enhance their cruise. Others may decide to leave well enough as is. Some may read these threads and decide they want to UPGrade from a lesser cabin to concierge, or decide that the perks in concierge won't meet expectations, so look to upgrade to a suite or Aqua class.

They handle special arrangements involving situations that require interaction with others outside of the ship, such as other companies or other ships or customs officials.

Although we do not need the services of the concierge on most cruises, there have been several cruises where we did need their services under varying somewhat unusual circumstances, and the concierge was very helpful each time.

They will assist anyone on the ship, not only those in concierge class.

So I am happy that they have a concierge on board to handle such situations, even if the person also has to try to sell the special excursions. ;)

On the other hand, as we are generally low maintenance do-it-yourself types, when booking a suite we could do nicely without the services of either the Michael's Club concierge or the butler.

We have found them to be very nice people, eager to please, but only use their services because they come with the suite and would hardly care if the ship did not provide them, or made them available as an add-on option.

When we book non-suite accommodations, we do not miss them at all. :D