Allure preparing for dry dock

Interesting, I saw no mention of Samba Grill.

I wonder if that is just an inadvertent omission, or the evening restaurant in the Solarium Cafe is changing.

I didn't see boardwalk Donuts or Cupcake Cupboard on the fact sheet. Wonder if those were removed to make room for the new stores?:confused:

I didn't see boardwalk Donuts or Cupcake Cupboard on the fact sheet. Wonder if those were removed to make room for the new stores?:confused:

On Allure the donuts are across the boardwalk from the dog house, near the sitting area port side. That is where they relocated them on Oasis after dry dock. On Oasis Cupcake cupboard moved into the scoops store on the board walk, and the same should happen on Allure.

On Allure the donuts are across the boardwalk from the dog house, near the sitting area port side. That is where they relocated them on Oasis after dry dock. On Oasis Cupcake cupboard moved into the scoops store on the board walk, and the same should happen on Allure.

Yep cupcake is in scoops store. Donuts are in self serve outlets 7-11AM only

The temporary musical tell me on a Sunday seems a bit hit and miss.

About a 1/3rd of the audience got up and left during the first 30mins which is kinda rude when there is a single soloist singing..

Edited by Single Cruiser

At the moment it's still the same My time and seated with formal nights.

I didn't go ashore today as I've been to Rome lots of times. Mind you I was in blaze until the early hours ;)

Many thanks, Oh I envy you, seeing Rome a lot. This 12 hours will be my first. I hope not my last. I am so excited.

In a blaze, LOL. Hope they were good!

Yep cupcake is in scoops store. Donuts are in self serve outlets 7-11AM only

I guessed it would be the same.

About a 1/3rd of the audience got up and left during the first 30mins which is kinda rude when there is a single soloist singing..

Thanks for the heads up. We have it booked, but I think we will be more polite and not go. I also want to say thanks for the wifi reports as well as communication back to us on land.

Interesting, I saw no mention of Samba Grill.

I wonder if that is just an inadvertent omission, or the evening restaurant in the Solarium Cafe is changing.

We are in the Allure June 7 and sadly for us Solarium Bistro was not an option. Our family actually agreed we all liked that one. Oh, I guess it saves us some money!

We are in the Allure June 7 and sadly for us Solarium Bistro was not an option. Our family actually agreed we all liked that one. Oh, I guess it saves us some money!

Do you see any listing for Samba Grill?

Do you see any listing for Samba Grill?

Yes Samba Grill is an option. I really didn't pay much attention to it until you asked, but the picture of the dining area looks like our missing Solarium Bistro, right?

ImageUploadedByForums1432264868.713911.jpg.d536c25d24623fd2e54baf889b688e46.jpg

But I am pretty sure samba showed up several weeks after all the other specialty dining showed up. We just have a big group and I didn't want to book something I haven't experienced and couldn't recommend.

Edited by cindivan

I guessed it would be the same.

Thanks for the heads up. We have it booked, but I think we will be more polite and not go. I also want to say thanks for the wifi reports as well as communication back to us on land.

I think the main reason is it's a single female soloist singing the song from a quiet old musical and many audience are non native English speaking. She was very talented but I felt so sorry for her when as she was hitting all her notes in front of her row after row were getting up and walking out :(

I think the main problem with "Tell Me on a Sunday" is that RCI announced it as a musical and not as a one woman show! The audience expected something similar to Chicago and Mamma Mia!. But a one woman show does not really fill the "gap". There have been a lot of complaints about the lack of a broadway show til the end of June and then they came up with this show. But to be true it´s another headliner and not a real broadway show.

I´m not a native speaker either (regarding English of course). So my experiences from other German cruisers are that they don´t even go to the shows fearing they won´t understand anything (mainly with the comedians). But a show with a singer shouldn´t be a problem at all. It´s all about music. But to be true I´ve never heard about "Tell Me on a Sunday" before. So I´m not familiar with the songs and whether they do fit to an international audiance. I hope to be surprised on Monday...

steamboats

I think the main problem with "Tell Me on a Sunday" is that RCI announced it as a musical and not as a one woman show! The audience expected something similar to Chicago and Mamma Mia!. But a one woman show does not really fill the "gap". There have been a lot of complaints about the lack of a broadway show til the end of June and then they came up with this show. But to be true it´s another headliner and not a real broadway show.

I´m not a native speaker either (regarding English of course). So my experiences from other German cruisers are that they don´t even go to the shows fearing they won´t understand anything (mainly with the comedians). But a show with a singer shouldn´t be a problem at all. It´s all about music. But to be true I´ve never heard about "Tell Me on a Sunday" before. So I´m not familiar with the songs and whether they do fit to an international audiance. I hope to be surprised on Monday...

steamboats

Good points. The musical is basically a narrative in songs. No dancers, no change of scenes but just back to back vocals. Like yourself I'd never heard of it. Mamma Mia would have been miles better as everyone knows at least a couple of the songs.

Good points. The musical is basically a narrative in songs. No dancers, no change of scenes but just back to back vocals. Like yourself I'd never heard of it. Mamma Mia would have been miles better as everyone knows at least a couple of the songs.

This first thing I did was Google Tell Me On A Sunday once we found out it was on the ship. We already had the headliner booked, and this show became the headliner. Mama Mia would have been better, but alas it isn't available yet. We will get to see it in March of next year though.

I am sure it is a great performance, with the be woman show. I feel for her with the people leaving through it.

Edited by A&L_Ont

We already had the headliner booked, and this show became the headliner.

RCI put it on like a real broadway show. Usually they don´t tell you which headline entertainers will be onboard (unless you ask them). So the only thing you can do is book the headliner show (and although usually there is more than just one you can only book one). But in this case they put it into the cruise planner like a regular show and not as a headliner. I don´t think that this is a good move as people will be disappointed even more. No Mamma Mia! and now this... even if it´s a good show.

steamboats

Yes Samba Grill is an option. I really didn't pay much attention to it until you asked, but the picture of the dining area looks like our missing Solarium Bistro, right?

[ATTACH]350042[/ATTACH]

But I am pretty sure samba showed up several weeks after all the other specialty dining showed up. We just have a big group and I didn't want to book something I haven't experienced and couldn't recommend.

We've booked Samba Grill for the last day of our cruise coming up. :)

It's only until Mamma Mia moves in June to Allure though so what about 3 more cruises affected

It´s been said that Mamma Mia! will be available past June 21st. And I still can´t think of a reason why they can´t start out with Mamma Mia! right now. They were able to do it on the Quantum pre inaugural. The Quantum has stopped May 14th. They had to built in the new stage features during the dry dock.

steamboats

What a shame - that musical is a hidden gem with some fabulous songs. But I agree not 'flashy'.

Have you heard any news as to when/if DD is going to be rolled out on Allure please??

It´s been said that Mamma Mia! will be available past June 21st. And I still can´t think of a reason why they can´t start out with Mamma Mia! right now. They were able to do it on the Quantum pre inaugural. The Quantum has stopped May 14th. They had to built in the new stage features during the dry dock.

steamboats

I thought that it's a new cast so maybe there are still in rehearsals?

steamboats

The first Mamma Mia show is on June 20th, the final sea day of the 14th June sailing.

Edited by Bobal