I Wish Princess Would

trinaM

I know some people have mentioned some of these things, but I'll repeat some.

5) Turn away Traditional diners who want to go to the Anytime MDR.

I thought they did turn away Traditional diners...every time I go, they ask to see my cruise card the first nite to check for 'anytime' on the card. Guess I assumed they would turn away those that didn't say that.

:rolleyes:

Our top 20:

1. Return of Scalloped Potatoes and Apple Crumb in the Crown Grill.

2. 7 Day Southern Itinerary with Aruba and Bonaire out of FLL.

3. Sail away party with coupons and better gifts.

4. Drawing for a free cruise if you hand in a Disembarkation Survey.

5. A real poolside Tailgate party at football games at MUTS.

6. Wool blankets on all ships for MUTS.

7. Butter on my popcorn.

8. Afternoon movies on MUTS instead of trivia or change the "silent" trivia everyday.

9. Get rid of concerts on MUTS. Seen them so many times!

10. HC Beef station where the meat carving station serves a juicy medium rare cut of beef.

11. Put the waffle man back at the Trident Grill. The smell filled the stairway and it was great! Having strawberries and whipped cream on hot waffles were to die for!

12. The Seafood buffet on the first night of sailing!

13. Large bar of soap in my shower.

14. A shuffleboard tournament

15. A stop in Tortola so I can go to "The Baths."

16. A ship where everyone is treated the same. Suite people aren't any better than Interior cabin folks.

17. Warm hot tubs. Keep kids out who swim and pee in them!

18. Medium rare hamburgers at the Trident grill. I would even sign the "book" again for those!

19. A waffle robes that fit you.

20. Bert Stratton, Dueling pianos, or equivalent on every ship.

I thought they did turn away Traditional diners...every time I go, they ask to see my cruise card the first nite to check for 'anytime' on the card. Guess I assumed they would turn away those that didn't say that.

:rolleyes:

This seems to vary from ship-to-ship and cruise-to-cruise, like many things on Princess :rolleyes:.

Our top 20:

1. Return of Scalloped Potatoes and Apple Crumb in the Crown Grill.

Or HC

2. 7 Day Southern Itinerary with Aruba and Bonaire out of FLL.

3. Sail away party with coupons and better gifts.

4. Drawing for a free cruise if you hand in a Disembarkation Survey.

Or just a free cruise.

5. A real poolside Tailgate party at football games at MUTS.

6. Wool blankets on all ships for MUTS.

Yep

7. Butter on my popcorn.

8. Afternoon movies on MUTS instead of trivia or change the "silent" trivia everyday.

9. Get rid of concerts on MUTS. Seen them so many times!

Keep MUTS for Movies at night.

10. HC Beef station where the meat carving station serves a juicy medium rare cut of beef.

Mmmmmmm

11. Put the waffle man back at the Trident Grill. The smell filled the stairway and it was great! Having strawberries and whipped cream on hot waffles were to die for!

12. The Seafood buffet on the first night of sailing!

13. Large bar of soap in my shower.

14. A shuffleboard tournament

I keep promising to play more shuffleboard, but it always seems to clash with something else.

15. A stop in Tortola so I can go to "The Baths."

16. A ship where everyone is treated the same. Suite people aren't any better than Interior cabin folks.

17. Warm hot tubs. Keep kids out who swim and pee in them!

18. Medium rare hamburgers at the Trident grill. I would even sign the "book" again for those!

19. A waffle robes that fit you.

Try beng my size, they don't come close.

20. Bert Stratton, Dueling pianos, or equivalent on every ship.

Comments in Red

This seems to vary from ship-to-ship and cruise-to-cruise, like many things on Princess :rolleyes:.

I'd say like most things on most lines, the only this consistent is inconsistency.

I wish for the following:

-take some loungers and comfy chairs from the Sanctuary and use them on the balconies in the suites.

-demand that anyone showing up in the MDR in Jeans be turned away

-Go back to wearing the White gloves at address when passengers board the ship

-Make the beverage package BOGO for the simple reason that there is usually only one true alcoholic in the stateroom. Its rare that husband and wife are both drunks...lol

-Do away with the specialty restaurants all together and just make the entire MDR the specialty restaurant and free of charge.

-Don't charge me for a Latte...im on vacation...I want my Latte..it should be built in to the price...

-Have a raffle drawing for any passenger under the age of 12 to steer the ship at night while everyone in sleeping.

-Have a clothing optional deck like they used to back in the 70's...

-Have a 50/50 raffle on board like they do in football stadiums...a guy in our section was at a Philadelphia eagles game and won 44 thousand dollars...he cried for about 15 minutes...it was awesome.. yes...$44,000.00 !!!!!

-have the chefs use internal temp gauges for grilling steaks...instead of just eyeballing it. medium rare should always be pink center...!!!

-Have a water contract with a huge water conglomerate like Dasani..put their logo all around the ship...and in return on port days let people take as many bottles ashore as they wanted free of charge. period.

that's all...for now :)

Love it. make the main dining room the specialty restaurant and FREE to all as part of your cruise cost!

Yes!!! Panama Canal from San Francisco!

I'm currently booked for a full transit from SF through the canal to FLL. It does happen but probably only once per year.

I wish the cabin air conditioning would actually get the space cold! Like 67 or 68 degrees. I find it crazy that I need to bring a toolkit to override the mechanical limiter, or have to learn the "secret code" to bypass the settings.

It's much easier for the chilly folks to put on a layer. I really can't go much past a wife beater and shorts, and still be able to eat in the buffet!

I wish the Sanctuary Cabanas were nicer! Upgrade the furniture, put in a mini fridge and safe, include sodas and snacks and sunscreen products. Dredge so that a dock can be put in. We LOVED our cabana on Disney's island and all twenty were reserved at $400 each.

Agree on Princess Cays dock. I won't get off the boat there because I don't want the hassle of tendering. In addition to the joys of the tender itself, I don't want to wait in line both ways and usually at the eatery to go pound sand.

Edited by Wehwalt

Also #16 should not happen. Suite guests are not better people than anyone else but they do pay more so they should get more.

I have never seen any preferential treatment due to cabin occupancy on Princess.

Mike:)

Princess is good at hiding "privileges", at least once you are on the ship. Most of the suite/elite/most traveled benefits take place outside of the sight of the average cruiser. I doubt blue card holders know Elite have priority in tendering, they don't see the Elite waiting for the first tender, after all. They're two decks up and aft picking up tender tickets.

I wish Princess would do...

MORE 4 day cruises from Vancouver, BC to Ketchikan, AK.

I saw it on the roster for this year and I was SO sad that I only saw it two months before, not enough time to get time off work, save etc. I do not see it on the roster for next year.

ALSO, More Vancouver to Seattle or Seattle to Vancouver cruises...for sure!

Lastly, have that goat cheese souffle available as an appy every night. It should be on the regular menu. I hate that it's once a week. It's SO good.

I wish Princess would do...

MORE 4 day cruises from Vancouver, BC to Ketchikan, AK.

I saw it on the roster for this year and I was SO sad that I only saw it two months before, not enough time to get time off work, save etc. I do not see it on the roster for next year.

ALSO, More Vancouver to Seattle or Seattle to Vancouver cruises...for sure!

The Ketchikan trip (which I was on, on the Coral) was likely to get the ship back to Vancouver on a Wednesday, the day they seem to have her coming to Vancouver. It seemed mostly sold to groups, mainly one called, I think, Tokyo Tours. There was also a group of cancer survivors and a group of sorority alumni. They fulfilled all the worst stereotypes, including of groups.

The one days are really only needed in May and September, when the ships come through Vancouver for PVSA reasons. I doubt the crew loves the B2B turnaround days. I think Princess has figured out that people take them for the cruise credits and it seems more difficult to put two or three of the short Vancouver repositionings together in September.

Edited by Wehwalt