Thieves on board - Quantum of the Seas

How do you figure? They stole someone's property. They are thieves.

Come on now!!! LOL

A number of reasons why a magnet, stuck to a door where many many MANY people pass by in a day can go MIA.

Break in my stateroom and take my stuff-yeah, I'm pissed and calling you a thief! A magnet off a door..........I say it a again...come on now!!

You are right. One cabin we used to pass regularly had them on the floor (they had loads). They fall off as the doors are closed (with guests inside who don't see them) Person or bag knocks them. They get kicked or picked up etc.

We had some of the colorful magnet signs we put on our stateroom doors stolen today.

I just have to know what these signs say!

Maybe they were pinched by pirates. [emoji3]

Good news then. If they are Somali pirates there will soon be a demand for a ransom payment. £7.6 million for a full ship- probably about 99p for a single magnet.

Edited by Barnaby100

I see it's a common problem then. (I met a lady today who got her flamingo magnet stolen). No kids on board of this cruise as far as I can tell, and unless they can reach really high, it had to be a very grown kid who took them.

We already went to guest services to report the theft (actually two thefts), and they got the security manager to come over. I expected him to say he would review the security footage, as there is a camera 10 feet from our door. Instead we got a lecture on how it's our fault for putting belongings in public areas.

I must admit that was not the reaction I had expected.

Under these circumstances I doubt they will bother to review the footage, but let's wait and see.

And to those who said they thought this thread would be about RC on-board prices, I know exactly what you mean. :p

Over you dollar magnets? Come on

Just got the double entrendre. Ohh err missus.

I wonder exactly how 'colourful' they were!

Edited by Barnaby100

Now your just making your own jokes!

Definition Colourful:Involving variously disreputable activities.

A local auction house always describes the Victorian 'gentlemens' postcards/curios etc as colourful.

Edited by Barnaby100

Come on now!!! LOL

A number of reasons why a magnet, stuck to a door where many many MANY people pass by in a day can go MIA.

Break in my stateroom and take my stuff-yeah, I'm pissed and calling you a thief! A magnet off a door..........I say it a again...come on now!!

So what exactly is your threshold for when taking someone's property without permission is stealing, and when it is not. Is there a dollar value? What about sentimental items - or perhaps it's the number of items?

It's important to know exactly what of your stuff I can take without you feeling a need to worry about it...

So what exactly is your threshold for when taking someone's property without permission is stealing, and when it is not. Is there a dollar value? What about sentimental items - or perhaps it's the number of items?

It's important to know exactly what of your stuff I can take without you feeling a need to worry about it...

Come on again!!! Sentimental-then don't put it on the door, Out in the open. where it can just fall off and get put in the garbage!!

And what the heck are you talking about? Wanting to know how much of my stuff you can steal before I worry about it! What in the world!!! LOL Come on Man. [Yes stole that one from the NFL!!:D]

I see it's a common problem then. (I met a lady today who got her flamingo magnet stolen). No kids on board of this cruise as far as I can tell, and unless they can reach really high, it had to be a very grown kid who took them.

We already went to guest services to report the theft (actually two thefts), and they got the security manager to come over. I expected him to say he would review the security footage, as there is a camera 10 feet from our door. Instead we got a lecture on how it's our fault for putting belongings in public areas.

I must admit that was not the reaction I had expected.

Under these circumstances I doubt they will bother to review the footage, but let's wait and see.

And to those who said they thought this thread would be about RC on-board prices, I know exactly what you mean. :p

You really expected them to review security footage because some moron stole your magnets? :confused::rolleyes:

Just a suggestion, but if you have an idea of an approximate time that you noticed them missing, I would let Guest Services know. There are cameras strategically located in the hallways, so Security may be able to determine who took your things off your door.

On our cruise on Allure in February, someone kept ringing our doorbell in the evenings after 9PM. After a quick call to Guest Services, Security got involved and was able to identify the "youngster" that was doing it. Needless to say, we had no further problems.

Oh Patti, I can only imagine how frustrating that would be. Glad it was taken care of.

That is nothing new, we recently cruised on the Serenade. Someone had some very nice magnets made about our cruise and ports, many of them diappeared from the owners doors.

That's why I bought two........one for a spare, just in case. Mine didn't get taken, however.

Sorry to hear that others did. :(

They also aide in locating the cabin.

I've always found that the unique door number helps in locating the cabin.

I'm a grown person and my 10 year old is just about as tall as me. He's a dancer and very athletic and has monkey arms. He can plié and leap and could likely grab things much higher than I can. Think a kid like him (and he's not the tallest 10 year old I know) could have taken it?

I say it's kids.

On another board, they say to personalize EVERY magnet you put on the door. Makes it less fun for people to take home, and makes it easier for embarrassed parents to return in the middle of the night once they find the magnets in their kids' stuff.

Just don't use anything expensive or that has any sentimental value for your door. It's very tempting for kids or drunk adults. I thought from the title there were valuables disappearing from cabins.

Agree on all points. Is this really a thread? :p

The magnetude of the situation is overwhelming.:D

Ugh! You're killing me hon!!! LOL! :D

Come on again!!! Sentimental-then don't put it on the door, Out in the open. where it can just fall off and get put in the garbage!!

And what the heck are you talking about? Wanting to know how much of my stuff you can steal before I worry about it! What in the world!!! LOL Come on Man. [Yes stole that one from the NFL!!:D]

Finding something on the ground does not give anyone a right to throw it in the garbage. Especially right in front of someone's door, which gives a pretty big hint on who it belongs to.

Your argument seems to be that because its out in the open and not worth much it's fine for people to take it. That is not true legally and in my book not true morally. You seem to disagree, which is why I want to see what the limits of your argument are.

I'm genuinely shocked at how many people seem to think this is fine and not something to worry about. What are you teaching your children about other people's property??

Edited by BekkaW

Oh the drama:rolleyes:

I appreciate your "empathy" and contribution to this thread, that was really helpful.

But considering how RC has lied and handled the many issues on board caused by the transformations to accommodate the future Chinese customers, that is an issue. We paid over 10K for both balcony staterooms, and when I pay a five-digit amount for a service, I won't accept being belittled by staff when I report a theft. Sure, it was nothing of great value, but that's irrelevant, it's a matter of principle.

Of course it´s no OK to take door decorations from the doors, but come on, this thread is some real hyperbole.

I can fully sympathize with the security officer not being interested too much in this and hesitating to start the CSI:rolleyes:

If I forget my ... (fill in any valuable stuff like Money, wallet, Computer, phone...) on the Windjammer table, in a perfect Society it would be still there after 30 min. or turned in at lost and found to be reunited with me. However we all know chances for this might not be too high.

I would be devastated about that loss, but I would also know it was a big part my own fault. In this case I would expect some help from security, however they might be too tight up with reviewing tapes already about stolen magnets.

Yes, thieves are a serious issue on the ships. I once had someone STEAL my towel from a lounge chair by the pool. Now it wasn't my personal towel but it was the RCI towel from MY cabin that was taken, regardless of the fact I left it there unattended for 6 hours I still can't believe someone would steal it!

I tried getting security involved to identify the culprit so they could be brought up on charges or even forced to walk the plank, but they were busy investigating magnet-related crimes and tables stolen from single diners in the Windjammer.

Seriously, the OP needs to get over themselves. As someone said this just diminishes real crimes by crying wolf over something so stupid and petty. I don't condone stealing but I also know that if I'm going to leave some tacky crap out in public then there is a decent chance that it might disappear.

How do you know it was stolen anyway? Maybe it was just confiscated by the taste-police for being overly gaudy?