Thieves on board - Quantum of the Seas

The limits of my argument have always been clear. It is not ok to take someone else's property and permanently deprive them of it. It don't matter whether they left it unattended, or what $ value you think it has. It is NEVER ok.

As you haven't answered, just made up implausible situations, I have to assume that you think stealing is ok.

Thank you, Bekka! I keep wondering how people can actually believe that theft is OK if it's something you left in the open and someone else takes it. It is still theft anyway you look at it, no matter the value!

Hope I never sail with folks who think it is so funny that they would name their trivia team "Magnet Thieves." Wow, just wow.

The limits of my argument have always been clear. It is not ok to take someone else's property and permanently deprive them of it. It don't matter whether they left it unattended, or what $ value you think it has. It is NEVER ok.

As you haven't answered, just made up implausible situations, I have to assume that you think stealing is ok.

It's a magnet-stuck to door-for cryin' out loud. It could of fallen off. If it is something near and dear to you-don't hang it on the door where anything could accidentally knock it off, or a drunk, slithering down the hallway that needs the wall for balance can make the thing slip off. :p

Thank god I leave for a few weeks for work and won't have computer access!!! I have however, gotten Gibbs on the case in my absence. McGee will look at the surveillance footage, Abby will do DNA tests to the door and surrounding area, Tony will do the leg work to help solve these crimes and we'll bring Ziva back to kick some tail to the offending thieves!!!:D

On a serious not I do not condone stealing. I'm not cold hearted. This just goes on the side of don't sweat the small stuff' for me, that's all.

Hey everyone, just a quick warning that there currently are thieves on board of the Quantum of the Thieves (cruising from Barcelona to Dubai).

We had some of the colorful magnet signs we put on our stateroom doors stolen today. It is of course not much material value that was lost, but it sure does ruin the lightheartedness and fun of traveling on board. :(

It has never happened before on any other cruise, but it's symptomatic about how things are on board of this ship. Seriously, who steals door magnets? Pathetic.

There were warnings in the cruise planner about pickpockets in Naples, instead there should be warnings about the thieves that are on board.

Anyways, if you are currently on board, watch your belongings and don't leave anything unattended.

On our first trip on Allure, about 3 years ago, our Christmas door wreath disappeared. Someone had borrowed it and our cabin steward found it on another door and returned it to us. On many cruises since then we make sure to label the decorations with our room number, or something like, "The Florida Cruisers wish you a Merry Christmas". In Black permanent marker. No issues since then.

In a proper world you should be able too leave things out of any value. In the "real" world you should only leave out what you can afford to lose; in monetary and sentimental value. Sadly theft has happened since the beginning of time and will continue to happen to the end of time.

One can only hope karma will come for those involved.

Hey everyone, just a quick warning that there currently are thieves on board of the Quantum of the Thieves (cruising from Barcelona to Dubai).

We had some of the colorful magnet signs we put on our stateroom doors stolen today. It is of course not much material value that was lost, but it sure does ruin the lightheartedness and fun of traveling on board. :(

It has never happened before on any other cruise, but it's symptomatic about how things are on board of this ship. Seriously, who steals door magnets? Pathetic.

There were warnings in the cruise planner about pickpockets in Naples, instead there should be warnings about the thieves that are on board.

Anyways, if you are currently on board, watch your belongings and don't leave anything unattended.

No one stole your magnets because they wanted them, they stole them to be funny. I've seen this happen on many ships. This is the reason why I don't put anything on the door of the cabin but to each his own. The title of your post is a bit misleading. I read it because I thought it might be something serious.

There is a criminal element in any country you travel to. It doesn't matter where or when. You just have to use common sense and be aware of your surroundings at all times. That's all you can do.

No one stole your magnets because they wanted them, they stole them to be funny. I've seen this happen on many ships. This is the reason why I don't put anything on the door of the cabin but to each his own. The title of your post is a bit misleading. I read it because I thought it might be something serious.

There is a criminal element in any country you travel to. It doesn't matter where or when. You just have to use common sense and be aware of your surroundings at all times. That's all you can do.

Funny :confused: I actually find it disgusting.

You and I sure do have a difference in our senses of humor. I don't find criminal behavior to be funny (Yes, I said criminal. Stealing is stealing).

Edited by Cruzin-K

Thank you, Bekka! I keep wondering how people can actually believe that theft is OK if it's something you left in the open and someone else takes it. It is still theft anyway you look at it, no matter the value!

Hope I never sail with folks who think it is so funny that they would name their trivia team "Magnet Thieves." Wow, just wow.

This isn't theft, it is a prank. All this thread is doing is giving me the urge to just throw any of this tacky crap I see on my next cruise into the closest garbage can. Ya'll need to get off the cross, it has now gone to the level of people being outraged for joking about naming their trivia team? Really? If you are that easily offended you probably shouldn't be on a cruise ship around other people and you certainly have no business being on the internet where someone might crack a joke that offends you.

I would rather the cruises just ban all this crap on the doors outright and the more petty complaints you have with RCI staff and outrage at them for not mounting a full scale investigation the more likely that banning it is EXACTLY what they will do. So by all means, please complain away!!

This isn't theft, it is a prank. All this thread is doing is giving me the urge to just throw any of this tacky crap I see on my next cruise into the closest garbage can. Ya'll need to get off the cross, it has now gone to the level of people being outraged for joking about naming their trivia team? Really? If you are that easily offended you probably shouldn't be on a cruise ship around other people and you certainly have no business being on the internet where someone might crack a joke that offends you.

I would rather the cruises just ban all this crap on the doors outright and the more petty complaints you have with RCI staff and outrage at them for not mounting a full scale investigation the more likely that banning it is EXACTLY what they will do. So by all means, please complain away!!

From an online dictionary

theft

the act of stealing; the wrongful taking and carrying away of the personal goods or property of another; larceny.

I gotta say...considering the thread title, I found this report to be a little anticlimactic.

But yes, stealing is wrong, regardless of what it is. Obviously this magnet meant something to the op. It might be a cheap trinket, but there was probably some time put into making it.

Just sayn'. I can see both sides.

From an online dictionary

theft

the act of stealing; the wrongful taking and carrying away of the personal goods or property of another; larceny.

I don't condone stealing, but this thread is making me see this more as cleaning up trash that people have left out littering the hallway. So removing it is more of a service to RCI to help keep the ship neat and tidy.

Putting something, magnet or otherwise outside is enticing people to steal it. Like leaving an ipad on a coffee shop table.

You are responsible for the Theft of the Magnets as you didn't take due care with securing them safely INSIDE your cabin.

I do strongly recommend that nothing is put on the outside of doors ever again and we have the op to thank for ruining the fun for all.

I gotta say...considering the thread title, I found this report to be a little anticlimactic.

But yes, stealing is wrong, regardless of what it is. Obviously this magnet meant something to the op. It might be a cheap trinket, but there was probably some time put into making it.

Just sayn'. I can see both sides.

I got the feeling that the post was more about, lets see how did the OP put it,

being lectured by the staff.

Edited by RDC1

I got the feeling that the post was more about, lets see how did the OP put it,

being lectured by the staff.

Given the title of this thread and the posts from the OP it certainly sounds like they were trying to make a federal case over it. Just the fact they waited in line at Guest Services to bring the "issue" up to begin with, so I'm not the least bit surprised they got a bit of a lecture about their pettiness.

I wouldn't hang anything outside my door but if I did, I'd be annoyed if someone took it. Looking at it from security's perspective and having spent a career as a cop, I'd also be annoyed having to investigate stolen magnets from the outside of someone's door. Then again, I'd try my hardest not to be rude about it. [emoji6]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I can't believe all the complaining & anger on this thread. I can only see this as a way to scare people from going on a cruise. I personally do not like these scare tactics. I have used magnets on my only two cruises & intend to use them on upcoming cruises. Instead of "bought discount" magnets, I just cut in half some of the free magnets that were advertisements. The papers they hold (made up graphics) are not worth anything to me so I don't care if they get knocked down or thrown away & it makes it easier to find my door.

I also do not approve of stealing & raised my family with that ethic.

We are sailing currently on the "criminal" Quantum:

we observed the opposite tonight at our cabin door: somebody attached a couple of Happy Birthday signs in observation of my wifes birthday! It was a nice surprise from somebody

Edited by christi1805

we observed the opposite tonight at our cabin door: somebody attached a couple of Happy Birthday signs in observation of my wifes birthday! It was a nice surprise from somebody

Vandals!!! [emoji3][emoji6] Happy Birthday to your wife.

How dare they vandalize your Cabin door with Birthday celebrations. I hope you have gone to Guest Services and complained and asked for Security to view the videos to see who done this to your door!!!

Also Happy Birthday to your wife, enjoy your cruise!! :D

Happy birthday to your DW! Are you still in black out mode at night or are you in safer waters? Safe travels.

Edited by A&L_Ont

Vandals!!! [emoji3][emoji6] Happy Birthday to your wife.

I'm hoping by the time we get on the Quantum (whever that will be) that they are able to purge the thieves off the ship.

But as a Vandal myself, I would weclome any fellow Vandal's that can cruise with us.

GO VANDALS!!

(I'm not talking vandals that deface stuff... )

Funny :confused: I actually find it disgusting.

You and I sure do have a difference in our senses of humor. I don't find criminal behavior to be funny (Yes, I said criminal. Stealing is stealing).

Ummm....I don't think the OP was saying they agreed it was funny but merely pointing out the motive for the theft.........