Best Pre-Cruise Hotel in Cocoa Beach?

Sun and Fun

I am looking for a very nice hotel to stay in for one night on the beach by Port Canaveral. This will be the first night of a very long awaited vacation for my family of four (husband, 15-year-old son and 12-year-old daughter). I don't just want a place to sleep before the cruise. I am looking for a hotel with nice amenities.

I am looking for a very nice hotel to stay in for one night on the beach by Port Canaveral. This will be the first night of a very long awaited vacation for my family of four (husband, 15-year-old son and 12-year-old daughter). I don't just want a place to sleep before the cruise. I am looking for a hotel with nice amenities.

I am following. Id like to know the same thing. Easier for me to comment so I can keep track on it

Check out the Raddison at the port. The pool is excellent for the kids. There is tennis and several other activities. Plus transport to the pier for a fee. It is our go to place. If you want a cheap breakfast, there is a mc donalds in walking distance.

Most people seem to really enjoy the Radisson at the Port and Doubletree.

I stayed at the Radisson a few years ago. It was okay to me, but I see it has undergone many upgrades. The pool is really nice. I have not done Doubletree. Everyone I know who has stayed there has enjoyed it.

If you do change your mind and decide to do a "just somewhere to sleep," we stayed at the LaQuinta on North Atlantic Blvd. It is pretty basic, but it was very clean.

If you do change your mind and decide to do a "just somewhere to sleep," we stayed at the LaQuinta on North Atlantic Blvd. It is pretty basic, but it was very clean.

Thats where I stay. Three times so far and am always pleased. Its clean, the staff is friendly, the sports bar is great and the Asian restaurant is really good. And I got it for much less a night than Ive ever found the Radisson to be priced.

Check out the Raddison at the port. The pool is excellent for the kids. There is tennis and several other activities. Plus transport to the pier for a fee. It is our go to place. If you want a cheap breakfast, there is a mc donalds in walking distance.

Zachary's, a small Greek restaurant, is also right there at the Radisson. They have great breakfasts and food and their baklava is to die for!!! I also vote for the Radisson. Great pool area and a shuttle that takes you directly to the port and back. Go for it!!!

img_8650.jpg?w=650

How about the holiday inn vacations club cape canaveral. Nice pools with 4 story water slides and lazy river. Arcade and many activities for the kids. Also has a shuttle to the beach.

Edited by frank808

I am booked for my October cruise at Country Inn & Suites which was very reasonable. Friends who are cruising with us stayed there and liked it. They offer free breakfast. They do provide a shuttle (although I think there is a fee). They do not offer their own airport shuttle, but recommend on their website Cocoa Beach Shuttle service, but if you call around, you can definitely get comparable, competitive rates.

Only stayed once in Cocoa Beach.

A CC poster mentioned to go to goportcaneveral dot. com

Flew into Orlando airport - picked up by Travel lynx - took to the Palm's International hotel right on the beach - stayed overnight - picked up the next day - took to the ship - then taken to the airport after cruise was over.

Total price - $ 139.00

Considering I live in No. Va. (25 miles from DCA) where a round trip taxi to the airport and back is $150.00, I thought the package deal was more than reasonable ............ and would do it again if I sail out of PC.

Best Western, Discovery Beach resort & tennis Club, Courtyard Marriott & the Resort on Cocoa Beach are all on the beach. Cocoa Beach is awesome - stayed there last week at Jetty Park campground. (The campground also has cabins for rent and is right next to the beach and Port Canaveral channel)

I think there are nicer places to stay than the Raddison that are closer to the beach and around the same price. We stayed there last Aug.(price has increased since then) the only thing I was pleased about was the shuttle it was very quick with going to port and on return to our car. I am going to try the Hampton Inn or either the Courtyard by Marriot in Cocoa Beach this October for our cruise. Raddison is just very dated to me and the lock on our door would not lock.

Any thoughts on comfort inn?

Stayed there pre-cruise for our last cruise and are planning to stay there pre-cruise again for our next cruise.

YMMV, but for us it was fine. Fairly large pool, shuffleboard, a smallish lounge and fitness area, a GREAT free breakfast. Room was clean and comfortable. The walk to the beach wasn't far at all and the Ron Jon's and Cocoa Beach Surf Shop are right next door. Worked wonderfully for us.