I would fire the IT person in charge of the website

Longhorn-ED

OMG!

I was just on the Celebrity website and it was really a mess.:mad: I put cruise only and it gave me just about every cruise Pkg there was. I am a business owner and first thing I would do is inspect the website before it was made public. Celebrity needs to hire the Big Bang Theory cast to fix this now!:D

Ed

The new website popped up for me last night. One of my cruises doesn't even show up and when I insert the details to add it, it comes up with a null resort. It departs this August!

I have found a way to access it differently but it is pretty poor and looks awful.

Edited by Pushka

Hi Everyone,

I've seen the new website updates. Not only do they not look appealing, but it's even more difficult to find the information you seek. Too many clicks ! When I finally get to where I want to be.... some of the information appears to be inaccurate. I tried searching a few cruises tonight, and gave up. Of course, I can appreciate that it's a work in progress, but there's little excuse to letting this go "live", until you feel extremely confident about the updates. If they feel good about this latest update, that's pretty scary.

When it comes to the website, and, as I've said for years, I'm convinced of four things :

1) If Celebrity *ever* wants a premier website, they MUST build it from the ground up, and stop patching the existing website. From what I've heard, it's old technology, and (IMO) too far gone. Unless they can find a Houdini... patching will not work, as witnessed from the updates of the past few years.

2) It will likely take a huge investment to resolve this once and for all. Sadly, it seems that RCCL/Celebrity is not willing to spend what it will take. With all due respect, that's totally insane thinking, as the current website must be costing them lost revenues every which way... every minute of every hour, of every day. Tick-tock, tick-tock. I'm totally convinced that a world class website would pay for itself in a relatively short amount of time.

3) The creative folks behind the website probably never cruise, nor understand cruising from a consumer perspective. It seems they have little to no idea of what cruisers want on Celebrity's website. I'm a huge fan of keeping things simple and user friendly. It's all about obtaining accurate information with the least amount of clicks. What they have right now, is a complicated weave of confusion. Nobody likes wasting their time.

I must ask... If your best current option is to visit other websites to find your Celebrity cruise information and pricing, how can that possibly be a good thing for Celebrity or it's guests ? What if you were to look elsewhere, and find a great deal on another cruise line ? Celebrity just lost a sale. Not good.

4) If only Celebrity reached out to some of their guests, and held focus groups, or online chat sessions, I'm confident they could learn a great deal.

I'm the eternal optimist. I always hope for the best, but I usually wind up disappointed - especially when it comes to the website. I hope Celebrity will find a way to get this on the right track - but it's going to take some serious money to do it right. Surely RCCL can afford it, as business is very solid... but will they make it happen ? That's the big question.

Edited by Host Andy

The new website popped up for me last night. One of my cruises doesn't even show up and when I insert the details to add it, it comes up with a null resort. It departs this August!

I have found a way to access it differently but it is pretty poor and looks awful.

I had the same issue - how many cruises have you added? More than two? If so, the NULL information is because it is indeed added but not visible until you hit the "View All" link on the lower right side... didn't see it the first time also!

Edited by UniPac

I had the same issue - how many cruises have you added? More than two? If so, the NULL information is because it is indeed added but not visible until you hit the "View All" link on the lower right side... didn't see it the first time also!

Yes. The cruise I cant see is a third cruise. But it is a year before the two I can see.

I wonder if you cant add more than 2 why it gives you the option to add another when "in reality" you can't.

Good post Host Andy. Why don't you copy it and send it to headquarters in MIA? Just maybe someone will read it.

The new person they have hired to fix the problem apparently doesn' get it as I see little or no imrovement. I too believe in KISS and wish they would soon get a clue.

I have been trying for years go get the emails with surveys, announcements, whathaveyou from Celebrity and the keep insisting all is fixed but as of yesterday I still have not received my first email. Missed the Mardi Gras cruise because not informed and by the time I read about it on Message boards all AQUA was sold out. I then booked 10 night Caribbean curise and Celebrity saw fit to alter (as they can) the itinerary and cancel the port I wanted to visit and give me an overnight in St. Maarten. I still have not been notified of this change and only know about it because of the threads on Message Boards.

Their entire computer system needs to be fixed. I recently found out they had 8 different address for me and 6 of those were in cities and states where I have never lived. They can't explain how that happened and I am not believing it is fixed even though the assure me it is.

Maybe some foreign country is controlling their computers. Just a thought.

I think that Andy is correct that the IT folks that build the X site are not cruisers and don't understand their needs. I don't know what kind of testing they do; but it is embarrassing to keep seeing these kind of problems.

When Oceania recently put up a new website, they had a representative responding and fixing errors/problems that CC'ers were having. The issues were fixed quickly and website users quite pleased that O cared enough to listen and provide the help.

It's likely not a new "person" but the same team of people, or a new vendor if they outsource, working toward a new initiative, but with poorly-defined acceptance criteria.

It's not that the developers plan to do a crap job, but that a well-functioning site simply isn't a priority. Host Andy has it right, they keep patching instead of building fresh. That's the way that you get conflicting information. One instance pulls from a database, while another instance is hard-coded.

Until it becomes a priority, this is what the consumers should expect. Without knowing what share of revenue comes from the site, it's hard to say if this will ever be a priority.

I wonder if this is the same sort of interface travel agents use, and what share of revenue TAs contribute.

I am afraid to even look at it..we are .just hoping our booked cruises are still in the My Celebrity feature, We spent way too much time on the website last wk trying to sort things out after Celeb changed some of our itins/overnights and still has 10/17/16 Infinity in Limbo....tired of waiting so we switched that one.

Ironically, Porthole Mag has a short article that features tech stuff available on other cruise lines...all sorts of apps, on shore and onship web cams, latest offer notifications, , menus, ship activity schedules...all sorts of cool stuff that even non-techies like me could enjoy using....Of course Celebrity was not included.......no mystery why not!

In same issue, Lisa Lutoff-Perlo speaks of a new tech feature,.Take Care of Your Selfie,,,..not sure what this is but hope it represents an interest in upgrading tech features..not just for marketing and selling stuff.......hope they start with the website, including excursion browsing & booking! She seems like a smart and responsive CEO so hope progress is ahead!

We have always found that sending an email direct to the CEO is effective. Maybe if there are many pleas for help it will be effective.

I usually search on other sites and just try to cross check prices on the X site. Since the fares keep going up, so should the service. "Modern Luxury" should include a seamless process from searching, booking, pre cruiise purchases, OBC review, perk review, and onboard invoicing. The website frustrates passengers before they sail. Then, when your invoice is incorrect onboard you have to deal with passenger service who only have the authority to call back to Miami. CCL has it figured out. Time for x to shop the competition!

Yes. The cruise I cant see is a third cruise. But it is a year before the two I can see.

I wonder if you cant add more than 2 why it gives you the option to add another when "in reality" you can't.

They seem to be displayed in a random way or the order of being added.

I am able to have more than two added. Did you check if there is the "View All" link right next to the second cruise?

New modern luxury. They are deliberately doing this to discourage the older generation that is no longer their targeted market. They want the younger generation that is more tech savvy so they try to constantly change stuff to confuse the older generation that is not as receptive to technical change. :D

happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌞

Having been away for awhile and not knowing about any Celebrity website changes, I was scared to go take a look. :eek: I just checked the website and really didn't see much of a change. ;)

I am in my late 50's. I had no problem looking at my reservations. In fact, I thought the overall look was cleaner and easier to pick an option for handling my reservations. That "Cancel Cruise" button scares me though! :eek: I can see how it might be easy to hit that button by mistake. Though I assume that it takes you to another page and ask "Are you sure you want to cancel?" I am not testing it! LOL

The order of My Cruises (by date) was confusing on the previous web page interfacing, so nothing has changed there. Not sure why Celebrity cannot put the cruises in order of when we sail. :rolleyes:

I also tried a mock booking and had absolutely no trouble. However, I did not try to pay for the booking, so there may be a problem with that step. I don't book online anyway. I prefer to call the Captain's Club for booking needs.:)

It's too early to try the online check-in as my next cruise isn't until late October.

What operating system are you all operating on? Maybe that's why you are having trouble. I have Windows 7 IE 11

Edited by Iamthesea

Having been away for awhile and not knowing about any Celebrity website changes, I was scared to go take a look. :eek: I just checked the website and really didn't see much of a change. ;)

I am in my late 50's. I had no problem looking at my reservations. In fact, I thought the overall look was cleaner and easier to pick an option for handling my reservations. That "Cancel Cruise" button scares me though! :eek: I can see how it might be easy to hit that button by mistake. Though I assume that it takes you to another page and ask "Are you sure you want to cancel?" I am not testing it! LOL

The order of My Cruises (by date) was confusing on the previous web page interfacing, so nothing has changed there. Not sure why Celebrity cannot put the cruises in order of when we sail. :rolleyes:

I also tried a mock booking and had absolutely no trouble. However, I did not try to pay for the booking, so there may be a problem with that step. I don't book online anyway. I prefer to call the Captain's Club for booking needs.:)

It's too early to try the online check-in as my next cruise isn't until late October.

What operating system are you all operating on? Maybe that's why you are having trouble. I have Windows 7 IE 11

It could be the browser you are using. I am using google chrome.

It's a complete nightmare, as is RCCL's.

And don't even get me started on trying to make dining reservations. Spent a solid hour, got halfway through in an hour, and it kicked me out and lost everything I did. Took about 5-10 minutes just to get from one day to another.

Edited by RealDeal

You have to keep pressing the 'view all' link though each time, as once you go onto another page (e.g. Shore Excursions) and then back to 'my Celebrity' home, it reverts back to only showing 2 cruises :confused:? Consequently, if you book more than one cabin per cruise i.e. separate reservations, you have to keep pressing the link after each operation to get the booking back :confused:! Why can't my full list of cruises stay on the 'my celebrity' home page?

It could be the browser you are using. I am using google chrome.

the website is working again...I don't believe it was any ones browser or operating system .

In addition to IE, I also have Google Chrome on my computer. Tried it and have the same good experience. :)

As Cisco says, it is probably not an operating system.

I now can log on to my CC account. One oddity, it seems to only pull up two cruises. There is a highlighted link on the bottom that says "view all". That should bring in all of your cruises or, at least, it did for me. Now I can see all of my cruises.