Princess Alaska cruises handbook

Essiesmom

Do the Alaska cruises still sell/reference their book The Alaska Cruise Companion by Rachel Cartwright? It was published in 2012 and we bought on on Coral in 2013. EM

It was for sale onboard during our last four cruises this spring.

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Forums mobile app

It is this book:

http://www.amazon.com/Alaska-Cruise-Companion-Naturalists-Alaskas/dp/1889467367/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1433111063&sr=1-1&keywords=Rachel+Cartwright+++The+Alaska+Cruise+Companion

and I was not seeking to buy one, just to know if they still use it on Alaska cruises. I'm glad to see that it is. EM

From the Princess Cruise Gifts & Services page:

New! Alaska Cruise Companion Book and Map Set

A naturalist's guide to Alaska's wildlife and scenic highlights.

Item #5122 - $18.99

Thank you very much for the information. I did not think to look at the gifts page! Interestingly it seems to be much cheaper than what is on Amazon! Best to just get it onboard with OBC & Elite discount I guess.

Happy Cruising!

Mark

Thank you very much for the information. I did not think to look at the gifts page! Interestingly it seems to be much cheaper than what is on Amazon! Best to just get it onboard with OBC & Elite discount I guess.

Happy Cruising!

Mark

If I remember correctly is that Princess doesn't sell the book on Amazon.

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Forums mobile app

From the Princess Cruise Gifts & Services page:

New! Alaska Cruise Companion Book and Map Set

A naturalist's guide to Alaska's wildlife and scenic highlights.

Item #5122 - $18.99

Ditto on the thanks for this post - it is much cheaper than the used copies being resold on Amazon. Now I know for sure to wait to buy it onboard.

Note: This item is only available from third-party sellers

So basically we cruise passenger are trying to fleece each other. :D

Edited by bicker

If I remember correctly the same book is available on Amazon, but Princess just sells their own version with a different cover. We ordered one in advance of our Alaska cruise last year and it was comparable in price to the ones for sale onboard. At any rate, it was very nice to have for the HUGE map that comes with it to track your progress. We hung ours up on the wall by the balcony with some magnets and consulted it frequently. I also liked having the book in advance to read the stories and background info prior to the cruise.

On our two Alaska cruises the gift shop had a ton of them, plus you could get them signed by the Captain and/or the naturalist doing the narration. We bought a copy in advance from a bookstore. I got to read it before the cruise instead of spending the whole cruise reading

Edited by LeeW
more

Rachel was on our Alaskan Cruise on the Golden that got back yesterday. It was fun meeting her and marking our route in the map with the book. That's not to mention having her sign the book in person.

Her presentations on whales and Orcas were wonderful.

It is this book:

http://www.amazon.com/Alaska-Cruise-Companion-Naturalists-Alaskas/dp/1889467367/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1433111063&sr=1-1&keywords=Rachel+Cartwright+++The+Alaska+Cruise+Companion

and I was not seeking to buy one, just to know if they still use it on Alaska cruises. I'm glad to see that it is. EM

Great reference material.....:):):)

Bob