Need to make decision today!

norm1956

Is Royal Princess accessible and quiet?

If you know this ship, please respond asap.

I'm booked on RC Oasis (3rd time) and payment due today 6/23 but not happy (see below)

SO.. Booked Royal Princess 11/20 Room C301 Deck 10 near the elevator .

1) Can you hear other in next rooms?

2) Pretty easy to get around?

Most concerned about elevator and cabin noise

FYI - RC ruined Oasis & Allure for me changing Viking Crown Lounge "only area that is offers fully accessible area of the ship" to suite only guests.

I really needed this and their Accessibility Dept didn't care.

Remember... I see everything Butt (stroller) :rolleyes:Level.

Thanks so much....

If you know this ship, please respond asap.

I'm booked on RC Oasis (3rd time) and payment due today 6/23 but not happy (see below)

SO.. Booked Royal Princess 11/20 Room C301 Deck 10 near the elevator .

1) Can you hear other in next rooms?

2) Pretty easy to get around?

Most concerned about elevator and cabin noise

FYI - RC ruined Oasis & Allure for me changing Viking Crown Lounge "only area that is offers fully accessible area of the ship" to suite only guests.

I really needed this and their Accessibility Dept didn't care.

Remember... I see everything Butt (stroller) :rolleyes:Level.

Thanks so much....

The Royal room was the quietest room we have ever been in , never even heard the flushing of the toilet from our next door neighbor and that is a first !!!

IMHO, Princess ships are much better sound-insulated than other cruise lines. Yes, you might occasionally hear someone's TV if they're blasting it or if they're screaming at each other but it's not like they're in the same cabin with you. Cabin doors are so insulated that to hear the PA announcements, you have to open the door to listen. I rarely hear anything from the hallway unless people are standing literally in front of my cabin door.

The Royal is pretty easy to get around although the elevator timing can be a little weird. If you have Traditional dining, you should be aware that you cannot go from one end of the ship to the other on decks 5 or 6. Use Promenade deck or any higher deck. The reason is that the Anytime dining rooms are mid-ship on decks 5 and 6 and the one on deck 6 shares a galley with the Traditional dining room.

Lounges and entertainment venues are all accessible. The pools, Sanctuary, Spa, etc. are also all accessible.

We were in C209 for our BI cruise. Quiet. The tv's are on the wall opposite the bed so it is on the shared wall with the cabin next door. We could sometimes hear their tv. I don't know if they had it up loud or not but it was never late at night so really didn't matter. The hallways were quiet. We often walked the hallway in the afternoon to get exercise and it was quiet in the hallways and by the elevators. We would occasionally pass by people but they were quiet. I would recommend this ship.

Most of the noise I ever hear on a ship while in my cabin, are people who slam doors. This is the most irritating noise and there's nothing that can be done about it. We've had many cabins near the elevator and never hear a thing. We'll never book a Princess cruise on the Aloha deck. I should have listened to Pam in CA when we got "upgraded" to the Aloha deck right under MUTS! Lesson learned here.

Depends on the ship. We were in Aloha 616 on our TA cruise on the Royal. It is sandwiched between other cabins on other decks. Lido was deck 16 with Marina deck just below it. therefore Marina deck people will hear noise up above them if they are located under the pool area.

Edited by dickinson

Depends on the ship. We were in Aloha 616 on our TA cruise on the Royal. It is sandwiched between other cabins on other decks. Lido was deck 16 with Marina deck just below it. therefore Marina deck people will hear noise up above them if they are located under the pool area.

We were on the Grand to Hawaii IIRC. We now only book cabins on the Caribe as the decks are larger than some of the other decks and far away from Lido and MUTS.

Have been on the Royal Princess close to the front elevators on Caribe deck. It is quiet. Wouldn't hesitate to book again. Have also been on Aloha deck towards the aft and also very quiet.

Aloha deck is only a bit noisy on the the Grand class smaller ships. Others have sleeping deck (Riviera) above. On Regal and Royal there are also sleeping decks above it.

I, too, will miss having access to the Viking Crown when on Oasis class ships; it is a nice space where I spent many happy hours. RCI probably deserves to lose the business of some people due their remodeling and restricting of that space for suite guests. Vote with your wallet! Good for you and enjoy your next cruise.

That said, I do not really understand the above quote...Perhaps some words were somehow inadvertently left out by somebody...perhaps the quote was from a person with less developed English skills. Perhaps you mean to express that Viking Crown was the accessible indoor spot with the best window view of sea from seated position.

There are of course many accessible areas on Oasis class besides Viking Crown; I hope those reading the Princess boards do not get the impression to the contrary.

On each of our 3 voyages on either the Royal or Regal, we choose cabin 702 which is very near the elevators and are never bothered by noise of any kind. A very easy ship to navigate with needs as Pam pointed out.

Been on the Royal and the Regal, LOVED them both! Enough that I'm going back on the Royal next month. Our room on Riviera was very quiet. I found the ship to be very accessible for my mom, who was in a WC. I would sail either ship again in a happy heartbeat!