Nieuw Amsterdam Getting Interactive TV's

InTheWASide

I'm positive it'll be placed on a movable arm mount so it can be pulled in/out and turned.

Good. I hope so. :)

Also good you mentioned it as I well might not have thought to check and see if that was possible. :D :eek:

Edited by sail7seas

If you use a second mirror to look at the first mirror, it will be forwards.

For all is know, it could be the perfect excuse for avoiding Formal Night. "Once I packed all the TV correcting mirrors, there was no room for dress clothes."

Too funny :D.

Aren't they on there now? I thought they just got them during the last drydock. Recent reviews complaining they were not working in many cabins because the staff didn't know how to work them.

If I'm wrong, please correct me. I don't cruise on it til March, but my head has been imagining them on there

Please give me a pass if I am confused. I've been doing way too much yard work in Florida heat (neighbor's overgrowth intruding) so I know I may be confused.

And the hand for popping chocolates in my mouth is ... ???

Think man! Think!

I don't often laugh out loud, but when I do...

TheMostInterestingManInTheWorld_1426.jpg

Edited by POA1

We are on the NA right now. The interactive TVs are great. The future cruise person told us they have been installed since April and the entire fleet should be complete by January. ImageUploadedByForums1435735328.616800.jpg.08b4e61172a49acbb575c1a91c5586f6.jpg

We are on the NA right now. The interactive TVs are great. The future cruise person told us they have been installed since April and the entire fleet should be complete by January.

Do you mind sharing with us what's available? IE, can you see that night's dinner menus, can you look up your account (if not I might throw a chair throw a window), the daily On Location, etc.?

Thanks!

Movies, TV shows, LiveTV, radio, forward cam, Aft cam. No menus, no shipboard account. There are no replays of shore excursions clips or of any onboard shows. There is a fairly decent selection of movies.

Movies, TV shows, LiveTV, radio, forward cam, Aft cam. No menus, no shipboard account. There are no replays of shore excursions clips or of any onboard shows. There is a fairly decent selection of movies.

(emphasis mine)

How incredibly disappointing. I want to go off on a huge tangent about them still not offering these which are quite simple (ESPECIALLY with a html5 system) but will save my typing and breath. That's absurd.

But maybe it's coming and they don't have the kinks there worked out. Uh-huh.

We were on the first sailing on the Nieuw Amsterdam (the TA in April from FLL to Barcelone) to have the Interactive TV's. At that time it was a Work-In-Progress but as the days went on more and more Movies, TV Shows, etc. were added as was the Ship Map, etc. We had a Signature Suite and the TV as Colin V posted was over the couch but ours did not move at all. We'd have to watch it either from the Chairs and at night from the bed.

The Pinnacle and Tamarind Menus showed up a couple of days before the Cruise ended but no MDR Menus.

The TV and Movie selections, we thought, were quite good. TV Shows had Dramas, Comedy, etc. Most TV Shows had 5 or 6 Episodes to watch.

The AFT Camera and the Ship Location Map were very good, too.

As Colin V mentioned no Shipboard Account, no ability to book Shore Excursions and also no ability to order Room Service were on them in April as well. Hopefully, at some point these features will be added!

Except for not sitting on the Couch to watch the TV we thought it was a huge improvement and can't wait until it is on all the Ships!

Does anyone know if it will still be free to watch movies/TV? Or a charge for some content but some still free? And if they will still have the free DVDs? What does Princess do--charge or not?

It all sounds great and heaven knows HAL needed the upgrade but if it is going to cost by the movie or show, and no DVDs, that might be annoying. I have friend who just came back from a long Celebrity cruise and she said they charge for movies (maybe there are some free ones). She didn't use that service but loaded a bunch on movies oh her Ipad to watch!

Maybe it's too soon. I hope people will post as this gets rolled out so we know what to expect.

ML

Princess does not charge for movies on your TV. They are free as are episodes of TV shows.

We were on the first sailing on the Nieuw Amsterdam (the TA in April from FLL to Barcelone) to have the Interactive TV's. At that time it was a Work-In-Progress but as the days went on more and more Movies, TV Shows, etc. were added as was the Ship Map, etc. We had a Signature Suite and the TV as Colin V posted was over the couch but ours did not move at all. We'd have to watch it either from the Chairs and at night from the bed.

The Pinnacle and Tamarind Menus showed up a couple of days before the Cruise ended but no MDR Menus.

The TV and Movie selections, we thought, were quite good. TV Shows had Dramas, Comedy, etc. Most TV Shows had 5 or 6 Episodes to watch.

The AFT Camera and the Ship Location Map were very good, too.

As Colin V mentioned no Shipboard Account, no ability to book Shore Excursions and also no ability to order Room Service were on them in April as well. Hopefully, at some point these features will be added!

Except for not sitting on the Couch to watch the TV we thought it was a huge improvement and can't wait until it is on all the Ships!

Thx for the info.

(emphasis mine)

How incredibly disappointing. I want to go off on a huge tangent about them still not offering these which are quite simple (ESPECIALLY with a html5 system) but will save my typing and breath. That's absurd.

But maybe it's coming and they don't have the kinks there worked out. Uh-huh.

I think hal uses high school students for their system upgrades:D. Mother are certainly behind the times.

Sail, as others have said, it will probably be on a wall bracket that enables one to watch from various locations.

Yes but if it is mounted right above the couch, it still wouldn't work. You'd still be stuck with watching from the bed.

These are the two most useful and most used functions available on the Celebrity (and probably other lines') intelligent TVs. One has to wonder why HAL bothered putting in a new system at all if they are going to leave out these key components.

We are on the NA right now. The interactive TVs are great. The future cruise person told us they have been installed since April and the entire fleet should be complete by January. [ATTACH]354254[/ATTACH]

When I called HAL they said the DVD players have now been removed from ships with interactive TVs. Can you confirm? We always bring a few movies with us to watch onboard. Thanks.

We are on the NA right now. The interactive TVs are great. The future cruise person told us they have been installed since April and the entire fleet should be complete by January. [ATTACH]354254[/ATTACH]

Does anyone know what ship will be next to get the interactive TV's?:)

Edited by serendipity1499

Which lines have them?..

We've been on both NCL & Oceania in the last 10 years & never saw them..

RCI first added them 16 years ago when Voyager of the Seas was launched in 1999. Celebrity now as it on all ships (not sure about Century though), and CCL and NCL have added it to newer ships in recent years.