A 4th waterslide announced for Harmony

Based on my conversations with the aqua theatre staff I do not believe a slide will be ending in the theatre pool. The divers require this pool to remain at specific temperature and chlorine level. This is one reason that this pool is only open for shows and special activities (belly flop, dive training...)

This scenario would more likely end in its own controlled" splash down" zone.

Good and interesting observation. You may be onto something there.

Edit: Also look at deck 6 Boarwalk for Allure vs Harmony. Does the location of the Sabor Bar on Harmony mean anyrthing, leaving that center area more open for ?????. Maybe not.

That's another good observation, and it might be the reason that the area has been left open.

I would venture to say that these two observations seem to be the only ways that a 10 story waterslide would be possible.

Now to figure out how to get those soaking wet people back up to the pool deck... :confused:;)

Based on my conversations with the aqua theatre staff I do not believe a slide will be ending in the theatre pool. The divers require this pool to remain at specific temperature and chlorine level. This is one reason that this pool is only open for shows and special activities (belly flop, dive training...)

This scenario would more likely end in its own controlled" splash down" zone.

Agreed. Plus, it would be quite an obstruction for the shows.

My guess is the slide will end in a "splash zone" as you said, somewhere in the vicinity of the AquaTheater

Edit: Also look at deck 6 Boarwalk for Allure vs Harmony. Does the location of the Sabor Bar on Harmony mean anyrthing, leaving that center area more open for ?????. Maybe not.

But then it would be only 9 decks ;)! Only the lower level of the Aqua Theater with the pool and the first rows is sort of on deck 5 (actually it´s inbetween 5 and 6 - you can look on the pool surface from the jogging path on deck 5 through the windows).

Not sure whether this round thing next to the ZipLine might be the launching area. It´s pretty tight up there and that´s the place they usually put the harnesses on for the ZipLine. There´s not enough space for a second line to line up for a water slide.

steamboats

But then it would be only 9 decks ;)! Only the lower level of the Aqua Theater with the pool and the first rows is sort of on deck 5 (actually it´s inbetween 5 and 6 - you can look on the pool surface from the jogging path on deck 5 through the windows).

Not sure whether this round thing next to the ZipLine might be the launching area. It´s pretty tight up there and that´s the place they usually put the harnesses on for the ZipLine. There´s not enough space for a second line to line up for a water slide.

steamboats

Good point. But I do still think that the waterslide will need to begin on that deck, as that's really the only way to fit in a 10 story waterslide.

I hope they don't remove the mini golf to create a boarding area. Also, how much more will this waterslide and supporting structures impact and detract from the limited ocean view afforded Boardwalk cabins?

~ Judy

The Boardwalk cabins are not ocean view cabins. If you want an ocean view you have to go to one of the two sides of the ship.

The Boardwalk cabins are not ocean view cabins. If you want an ocean view you have to go to one of the two sides of the ship.

You can see the ocean behind the AquaTheater. I picked a cabin close to the back on the Boardwalk so that I could get this view.

Ocean view for the last few rooms is pretty nice. I have the last room booked for one of my trips. May need to rethink if this slide is really happening

http://www.cruiseshipnews.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/Norwegian-Epic-water-slides.jpg

sorry try this link

I figured it was another ship's but I wondered if that is the concept of what they may do? I really am curious now to see :)

One of the original 3 slides will have a bowl similar to that picture.

im going to make an assumption, you dont need two flowriders, (i didnt see the lines so outrageous on the allure that would need two on harmony) one can go and there be a hole from that area that opens up so you take the plunge straight down, something like the big one at blizzard beach, but you cant just go straight into a pool it has to ease you in on the bottom.

im going to make an assumption,you dont need two flowriders, (i didnt see the lines so outrageous on the allure that would need two on harmony) one can go and there be a hole from that area that opens up so you take the plunge straight down, something like the big one at blizzard beach, but you cant just go straight into a pool it has to ease you in on the bottom.

Those are fighting words. :D Sorry, every Oasis class ship needs 2 flowriders, just for the sheer number of people on board. Having waited in line for 30 minutes for one run, two of them is a must. From the construction thread on Harmony the two flowriders are already installed, so thankfully I know that isn't going to happen. ;)

They can axe the gopher area of the mini golf for the water slide injection spot.

Those are fighting words. :D Sorry, every Oasis class ship needs 2 flowriders, just for the sheer number of people on board. Having waited in line for 30 minutes for one run, two of them is a must. From the construction thread on Harmony the two flowriders are already installed, so thankfully I know that isn't going to happen. ;)

They can axe the gopher area of the mini golf for the water slide injection spot.

There's lots of room behind the wipeout bar isn't there..? Maybe that could be the location.

Bummer but you are most likely right. I was hoping they would be opening up the Aqua theaters pool to guests.

Will never happen. The hydraulics did not like the various compounds that the guests left in the water, the biggest being sunscreen.