A 4th waterslide announced for Harmony

They could also find some sort of 'drying room' with high speed fans prior to guests exiting out onto deck 5.

You just helped me remember a great piece of tech that could help solve our common problem. These days, water parks now have very large drying machines - they could install one of those before the guests get back in the elevators. I know I've seen them at Cedar Point in Ohio but apparently they are everywhere.

Family-Dryer.jpg

You just helped me remember a great piece of tech that could help solve our common problem. These days, water parks now have very large drying machines - they could install one of those before the guests get back in the elevators. I know I've seen them at Cedar Point in Ohio but apparently they are everywhere.

Family-Dryer.jpg

I have never seen one, but they sure make practical sense.

I am not sure if they have gotten it in order, but the boardwalk was very 'slippery when wet' on Oasis following the Rotterdam dry dock. It seemed very unsafe for such a high traffic area on the ship.

I am sure they will find a solution that will not 'inconvenience' guests that do use the waterslide.

Found this rendering online, but is it official?

57dd07017be209c929a52276b0fbc763.jpg

I doubt it's real. By the official releases the Abyss is a single slide and this render shows two. Also the support structures don't attach completely (one doesn't attach at bottom and the other doesn't attach at top). And finally, the angle that the slides meet the boardwalk is too steep. That would be a painful landing. Also, I'm having a problem convincing myself that this layout of slide would dump enough momentum before the rider exited at the bottom... it looks awfully steep. :eek:

I'm sure it's off a little based on that rendering being slightly off scale, but based on the descriptions told to me by my RCCL friends, that rendering is pretty darn close to reality.

People are curious. Can you please ask your RCCL friends how guests will get back to the deck 16 start and how far into Boardwalk the slide goes?! :D

People are curious. Can you please ask your RCCL friends how guests will get back to the deck 16 start and how far into Boardwalk the slide goes?! :D

Only one of the slides goes down. The other slide goes up.

It is starting to appear like this may be a 'tunnel slide' and not a water slide.

The Swedish and Norwegian RCI websites, if correct, use language to indicate that the Ultimate Abyss is not a water slide.

It is starting to appear like this may be a 'tunnel slide' and not a water slide.

The Swedish and Norwegian RCI websites, if correct, use language to indicate that the Ultimate Abyss is not a water slide.

That would stop water spraying the boardwalk, as well as the concern that some had regarding dripping water in the elevator. I can only imagine how hot it would be in the enclosed "dry" slide in the sun, not to mention the skin that will be lost inside the non-ludricated side. Even if you ride on a burlap bag there is going to be some skin loss. :eek:

Edited by A&L_Ont

You may be onto something.

A quick google search of "worlds largest tunnel slide" brings up some very recent announcements that look similar to the renderings on royals site.

http://thecreatorsproject.vice.com/blog/olympics-sculpture-to-become-worlds-largest-tunnel-slide

image.jpg1_zps1ghdpxae.jpg

image.jpg1_zpsj4ldldx7.jpg

Edited by Ourusualbeach

A quick google search of "worlds largest tunnel slide" brings up some very recent announcements that look similar to the renderings on royals site.

http://thecreatorsproject.vice.com/blog/olympics-sculpture-to-become-worlds-largest-tunnel-slide

Maybe the second tube is a way to get those carts back to the top. :what:

I can only imagine how hot it would be in the enclosed "dry" slide in the sun, not to mention the skin that will be lost inside the non-ludricated side. Even if you ride on a burlap bag there is going to be some skin loss. :eek:

All of a sudden I'm not that interested in a new slide. [emoji54]

And straight away I'm wanting to do it NOW!

Edited by papcx

That would stop water spraying the boardwalk, as well as the concern that some had regarding dripping water in the elevator. I can only imagine how hot it would be in the enclosed "dry" slide in the sun, not to mention the skin that will be lost inside the non-ludricated side. Even if you ride on a burlap bag there is going to be some skin loss. :eek:

The deck plans advertise it as ‘The Ultimate “cool” Abyss Slide ’.

They have a way of keeping it cool? Titanium slide maybe? ;)

That huge structure will definitely block the views from the Boardwalk cabins.......

• 4 months later...
Nick Weir tweeted this photo today hinting at a secret feature of the Harmony of the Seas' AquaTheater. We get a bit of a glimpse of Abyss rendering.

It looks like some kind of a wire or rope.

Edited by Cuizer2

• 2 months later...
It's verified fact now. Although still not clear to me what you're supposed to do when you land on the Boardwalk if you're all wet. If it's not a wet slide, it would be awfully hot in there.

[YOUTUBE]

[/YOUTUBE]

Definitely not a water slide. If you arrive at boardwalk, wet, you probably need Depends. :eek:

Oh my. Check out thread "Harmony Keel Blocks in tbe house..." http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2039256&page=82

for more up to date info and virtual videos* on these dry slides. They are to be installed in April.

* There was a media tour on the ship last week. Visitors were shown a virtual video on a pedestal at the slide launch area on deck 16, and also given virtual glasses inside the ship to watch a virtual video of what the slides will look like from the Boardwalk.

Edited by Lloyd555