A 4th waterslide announced for Harmony

RCI just announced on Twitter that there will be 4 water slides on Harmony (not just the 3 previously mentioned). Three over central park called the Perfect Storm (Cyclone, Monsoon & Typhoon) and one 10 story high water slide in the boardwalk area called the abyss!

This is the first reference I've heard for "The Abyss" in the boardwalk area. I wonder if it's true?:confused:

As I posted on the other thread about this, 10 stories is 100 feet.

Does anyone have any idea how tall that would make the ship?

I follow RCI on twitter and don't see it.

Edited by BND

I doubt they would construct anything that would make the ship even taller.

I follow RCI on twitter and don't see it.

On RCL's twitter "New to #HarmonyoftheSeas: The Abyss, a ten-story waterslide taking guests from the ship's AquaTheater to Boardwalk neighborhood"

Going from the flowrider area to boardwalk would be 10 decks, I believe.

The Royal Caribbean PR tweet tonight about a ten-storey water slide ...

https://twitter.com/RoyalCaribPR/sta...65204451373056

Well, THAT made me forget about dynamic dining being removed from Oasis-class ships.

As Adam Crown posted in the Harmony Facebook Group:

This Abyss waterslide doesn't make sense. Where would the launch area of the waterslide be located, and even more confusing, where would they fit the 'splash landing pool' at the end of a TEN story waterslide!

Edited by Lloyd555

Lower the aqua theater's pool to 2 feet deep and only use that slide when the aqua theater is not in use.

Even if that is not the case, you now have soaking wet people on the Boardwalk that need to get back up to the pool deck. Those aft elevators are going to need a new drainage system.

Lower the aqua theater's pool to 2 feet deep and only use that slide when the aqua theater is not in use.

Even if that is not the case, you now have soaking wet people on the Boardwalk that need to get back up to the pool deck. Those aft elevators are going to need a new drainage system.

It would make for a quick trip to the dog house for lunch, espically when I've done stand up surfing all morning.

Edited by A&L_Ont

On RCL's twitter "New to #HarmonyoftheSeas: The Abyss, a ten-story waterslide taking guests from the ship's AquaTheater to Boardwalk neighborhood"

I'm confused how it can go from the Aqua Theater to the boardwalk neighborhood. The Aqua Theater is at the end of the boardwalk.

I'm confused how it can go from the Aqua Theater to the boardwalk neighborhood. The Aqua Theater is at the end of the boardwalk.

My guess is they mean "From above the aqua theater." IDK, it'll be interesting to see how they make it work out.

There was a rumor that they will remove the minI golf simulator from Harmony.

Maybe the new slide entrance will be at this position, down to the aqua theatre .

Great. :rolleyes:

Rewind's observation really raises a cause for concern, "you now have soaking wet people on the Boardwalk that need to get back up to the pool deck". Unless Royal intends to put in a dedicated elevator or (:eek:) a 10 story staircase leading back up from the Aqua Theatre, you are going to have major problems IMHO. Even is using the crew staircase was an option, how many "soaking wet people" would be making a beeline for the aft elevator lobby instead?

I hope they don't remove the mini golf to create a boarding area. Also, how much more will this waterslide and supporting structures impact and detract from the limited ocean view afforded Boardwalk cabins?

I'm sure with the Abyss being the biggest waterslide on the ship, it will be a hit with fans. I just wish there was a way to negate the negative aspects. At the very least, it would be more interesting and less obtrusive if they make it a clear plexiglass tube waterslide.

~ Judy

How about you guys wait for more details before complaining about it?

Nope. Nada. No way. :D

What would CC be like if we were not allowed to offer our opinions, positive or negative, and forced to sit quietly and not comment on anything that MAY have an impact on a future cruise?

A much more constructive comment on your part, since you felt the need to comment at all, might have been to offer your opinion on what you thought about the subject matter of this thread, the 4th waterslide. Just saying.

For my part, with two cruises booked on the Harmony, I will excitedly continue to look forward to all news releases as construction on this ship continues and I will continue to post my opinion when so inclined. Why? Because I am a Cruise Critic. :)

~ Judy

How about you guys wait for more details before complaining about it?

Don't worry about what the others say. You are entitled to your comments, so long as the mods like them.;) You can't stop the complainers, in the real world and espically on CC.:p:D

A horizontal slide propelled by a huge bungee cord? Is that why they have the net behind the Aqua Theatre, to catch the flying people before they fly off the ship? Then they land in the AT pool. It could look a bit like this.

EDIT: It sure looks fun.

Edited by A&L_Ont

The starting point must be in the flow rider area on deck 16. The Aqua Theater pool is on deck 5. That would be 10 decks (no deck 13 on Oasis class). The miniature golf area is on deck 15.

steamboats

Interesting observation.

Perhaps they won't need a launch area at all. Wipe out on the flowrider and, instead of hitting the back wall, you get sent shooting down the Abyss! :D

~ Judy

A horizontal slide propelled by a huge bungee cord? Is that why they have the net behind the Aqua Theatre, to catch the flying people before they fly off the ship? Then they land in the AT pool. It could look a bit like this.

EDIT: It sure looks fun.

LOL and WOW! That could be useful in so many ways! :D

~ Judy

Sounds great and like a lot of fun...but I have heard and seen nothing about this from RCI and I follow them on Twitter.

Am I missing something or was it on a specific tweet under Harmony or something that I should be following?

. I do wonder how the captain will pilot the ship because that large circus tent located on the bow may get in the way.......also the ferris wheel on the top of the ship looks cool.....I do wonder how they will sail under some bridges........I do hope the new horn sound will be the seasoned three ring circus song........

Sounds great and like a lot of fun...but I have heard and seen nothing about this from RCI and I follow them on Twitter.

Am I missing something or was it on a specific tweet under Harmony or something that I should be following?

@RoyalCaribPR tweeted it yesterday.

I agree with a PP - sounds like a launch from Deck 16, landing in the Aqua Theatre pool. It will be interesting to see what the strategy is for getting back up. The tweet wasn't clear - "from the AquaTheatre to the Boardwalk neighborhood" - that doesn't make sense.

Edit to add -

http://www.calypsopark.com/en/waterpark/attractions/turbo-lab/frosty-drop/

This is a waterpark near us. I'm wondering if the concept is something like that. With a name like "Abyss", that seems like a possibility. I was looking at pictures of Allure, wondering how they would get a waterslide to land in the AquaTheatre pool without obscuring the view of the AquaTheatre when they have shows. Maybe it will "exit" above the AquaTheatre pool with a drop into the pool.

Edited by gi_pam

The starting point must be in the flow rider area on deck 16. The Aqua Theater pool is on deck 5. That would be 10 decks (no deck 13 on Oasis class). The miniature golf area is on deck 15.

steamboats

Agreed - this was my thought process as well. It really is the only location that makes sense and would allow them to have a 10 story water slide. Guests could enter somewhere in the vicinity of the zipline.

I just did some investigating... Just speculation, but I might have found the entrance point.

Here's the Allure's deck 16 plan...

Screen%20Shot%202015-07-16%20at%209.53.24%20AM_zpsjdj3mqsv.png

Here is Harmony's... What is that circle located to the left of the zipline? My guess: the waterslide entrance.

Screen%20Shot%202015-07-16%20at%209.53.46%20AM_zps5dtjkjcy.png

Edited by OfTheSeasCruiser

Agreed - this was my thought process as well. It really is the only location that makes sense and would allow them to have a 10 story water slide. Guests could enter somewhere in the vicinity of the zipline.

I just did some investigating... Just speculation, but I might have found the entrance point.

Here's the Allure's deck 16 plan...

Screen%20Shot%202015-07-16%20at%209.53.24%20AM_zpsjdj3mqsv.png

Here is Harmony's... What is that circle located to the left of the zipline? My guess: the waterslide entrance.

Screen%20Shot%202015-07-16%20at%209.53.46%20AM_zps5dtjkjcy.png

Good and interesting observation. You may be onto something there.

Edit: Also look at deck 6 Boarwalk for Allure vs Harmony. Does the location of the Sabor Bar on Harmony mean anyrthing, leaving that center area more open for ?????. Maybe not.

Edited by Tall-Cruiser