Best AFT wrap balcony/suite in the fleet??

rangerdog

We're planning our 30th anniversary cruise next year! We definitely want those popular-sought-after HUGE aft balconies/suites. We've been in the aft wrap on the Conquest. In your opinion, what is the BEST aft wrap (we prefer the completely overhead covered balconies) and suite? I've seen some great aft wrap balconies, but the rooms are incredibly small. Then there are the aft wraps on the Legend, and the room is a 3 room suite with a huge walk in closet. However, we'd have to take an Alaskan cruise to said on the Legend and we prefer the warmer weather cruises. Any ideas/suggestions/pictures? Thanks!

Hey Rangerdog,

We are on the Conquest this year on an aft wrap deck 6 (upper) this year. We were on the Liberty aft wrap deck 8 (empress) two years ago. What's the difference between the aft wraps on the two decks? I've looked on the deck plans and its a bit hard to tell. AND -- I, too, would love to find the best aft wraps in the fleet - OR ANY fleet. I'm hooked.

Here is a link to my facebook photos of 4237 on the Spirit. You do not have to a fb account to see the photos.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1040204362734.2008219.1154291247&type=1&l=2eeb47843b

I too give to BIG thumbs up for the Deck 4 suites on any of the Spirit class ships. We've had them on every ship except the Pride!

As many others have aftly ;) pointed out:

4228 and 4237 Spirit class !

Excellent piece of real estate with overhead coverage. These are over ten years old (I trust there's new furniture there by now :D), but still speak volumes:

230553193xMbNHU_ph-L.jpg

230553455IQVgrK_fs-L.jpg

230553594QLEBId_fs-L.jpg

230553912srdOEy_fs-L.jpg

Tom

We sailed on Miracle in Jan, 2012. We had the Aft Wrap Vista Suite 6329. I don't know how to upload pics but the balcony looks pretty much like the pics above. The balcony was fabulous! This was by far the best cabin we've had to date. Ours had 2 rooms. The bedroom was separate from the living area. The bathroom was so nice with the full tub and big vanity. But I really loved the little "powder room" right out side the bathroom. I put all my makeup, jewelry and hair stuff there so I was out of DH's way (or maybe he was out of my way?). There were 2 tvs, on in the living area and one in the bedroom. Lots of storage and very comfortable. :)

We're planning our 30th anniversary cruise next year! We definitely want those popular-sought-after HUGE aft balconies/suites. We've been in the aft wrap on the Conquest. In your opinion, what is the BEST aft wrap (we prefer the completely overhead covered balconies) and suite? I've seen some great aft wrap balconies, but the rooms are incredibly small. Then there are the aft wraps on the Legend, and the room is a 3 room suite with a huge walk in closet. However, we'd have to take an Alaskan cruise to said on the Legend and we prefer the warmer weather cruises. Any ideas/suggestions/pictures? Thanks!

Only cabin on aft wrap on Spirit class ships that are covered are on deck 4. Been in 4228 twice and is amazing cabin. Because of angle of ship, deck 4 balconies are the deepest = more space

We had 4228 on the Pride last fall. We loved it. I posted quite a few pictures in the Show Us Your Aft thread. My posts start at #633 on page 32. We have had several aft wraps, but the Pride was the best so far. We have an aft wrap booked on the Vista for the TransAtlantic; can't wait!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1182324&page=32

...We have an aft wrap booked on the Vista for the TransAtlantic; can't wait!

Other than knowing it's a new ship (my head's been in the sand), I know nothing about the Vista.

Do the aft-wraps on the Vista mark a return to aft-corner suites?

If I had to guess... (but I'd love to be surprised)!!

Tom

Just from looking at the deck plan pictures, it does not look like the aft wraps on Vista are suites.

Decks 6 and 7 are the Havana Premium Balconies. The other decks are Premium Balconies.

Other than knowing it's a new ship (my head's been in the sand), I know nothing about the Vista.

Do the aft-wraps on the Vista mark a return to aft-corner suites?

If I had to guess... (but I'd love to be surprised)!!

Tom

Nope...:( and if you look at the deck plans they overlook the Havana area not the ocean! :eek:

Edited by happy cruzin

Nope...:( and if you look at the deck plans they overlook the Havana area not the ocean! :eek:

ahhh... ok

This makes me think of the aft suites on Oasis/Allure. They have some very large balconies, but overlook lots of activity. I'd prefer to just see OCEAN - thus I'll stick to the mid-ship OS cabins on those ships.

Tom

ahhh... ok

This makes me think of the aft suites on Oasis/Allure. They have some very large balconies, but overlook lots of activity. I'd prefer to just see OCEAN - thus I'll stick to the mid-ship OS cabins on those ships.

Tom

Right there with 'ya! Which is why - when we were considering the Vista - we decided the Haven suite would probably be a better fit. Still no direct view of the ocean - from the cabin, but the cabana suites with the access to the Havana area IS interesting! ;)

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Edited by happy cruzin

Right there with 'ya! Which is why - when we were considering the Vista - we decided the Haven suite would probably be a better fit. Still no direct view of the ocean - from the cabin, but the cabana suites with the access to the Havana area IS interesting! ;)

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

eeeek -- zero privacy on your balcony/patio. They need the hammocks on the GS balconies, assuming they've bothered to widen the suite balconies. Guessing there again that such is not the case.

Tom