Blow Dryers: can they be brought on board?

I know they have them in the rooms, but have read several posts that say they are not very effective. Can I bring my own? Don't want to get my bag confiscated if they are not allowed.

LJC

I know they have them in the rooms, but have read several posts that say they are not very effective. Can I bring my own? Don't want to get my bag confiscated if they are not allowed.

LJC

Yes, you can bring blow dryers, curling irons, and hair straighteners.

I always take my hair dryer as it is a styler dryer with the comb attached. I have had shoulder surgery and don't have full range of motion in one arm. I cannot use the blow dryer they provide in one hand and a comb in the other. If I could not take my dryer, that would be the end of my cruising days as I have short naturally curly hair and need to use my dryer to get it to look decent.

LJC

Don't know where you saw that, but I disagree. They work very well

The work ok if your hair is short or thin, or you don't care what you look like! They are snub-nosed hotel style dryers...they get hot, but don't blow worth a damn...and blowing is the whole point of "blow drying"!

I took my own dryer the first time we cruised and it didn't work very effectively at all. However, I presumed it was the difference in voltage? Since then, I've managed with RCI's poor excuse for a hair dryer.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

If you just need your hair dried, or a light curl in your bangs, the provided dryer works fine. If you depend on one for style, then it's best to bring your own. I've never had an issue with my own not working just as it does at home.

The work ok if your hair is short or thin, or you don't care what you look like! They are snub-nosed hotel style dryers...they get hot, but don't blow worth a damn...and blowing is the whole point of "blow drying"!

I've never had a problem and have thick hair below my chin (although have sailed with it much longer in the past). Maybe because I spend so much time in hotels, but I'm used to this type of drying and can't see hauling my own.

The need to hold down the "ON" button while maneuvering the dryer while styling your hair is seriously annoying to me. I bring my own.

I know of people who use an elastic band to keep the ON button ...on while they dry their hair.