on the Dawn right now and just got word that we are not leaving until Wed.

Smellytoes

I'm on the Dawn right now and we just got word that we are not leaving until Wed. Does anybody know why? Nobody here knows anything.lol

No one here will know as much as someone on the ship. Hard to believe they haven't told you why the delay. Find out and tell us here.

I tried. Now I'm being told that it will be at least Wed but nobody knows why. I don't care. I'd be perfectly happy to stay here forever but the lack of information is concerning.

Maybe they are working on a letter / announcement.

Not telling guests what is going on is highly abnormal.

Isn't the new schedule for the Dawn calling for her to leave Dockyard at 3 PM tomorrow instead of 5 PM - if so, by leaving Wednesday - she's going for a fast run back to Boston, woohoo.

A quick check, nothing on Bermuda news, local weather forecast looks fine (except for passing t-storm) and there's no major weather system or usual marine alerts, etc. Afraid we really can't be of much help ... ;)

My un-informed guess is as "bad" and as "good" as anyone else, could this be tied to NCL's "huge" announcement tomorrow or the earning news release at 7 AM ?? - doubtful, so it seemed to suggest it's the ship's own "system(s)" in question - Azipods or engine/mechanical or electrical ?? Provisioning or fuel ... safety first, I suppose. As long as the ship gets everyone back to Boston on schedule without causing delays for those with connecting flights, buses, trains or whatnot ...

don't worry, be happy - all hands on the outdoor deck tomorrow night and have a big party :D

Isn't the new schedule for the Dawn calling for her to leave Dockyard at 3 PM tomorrow instead of 5 PM - if so, by leaving Wednesday - she's going for a fast run back to Boston, woohoo.

That's the Breakaway. The change for the Dawn was the arrival time on Sunday (11am pushed back to 1pm). They can leave on Wednesday and still make it back on time no problem. But it sounds like they could even stay later than Wednesday? Very very strange…

Maybe the Dawn is leaving later to test drive a new return time... It arrived at the two hour later arrival for the first time toady..... Could it be that the late arrival will eventually turn into a later departure!? Here's to wishful thinking!!

Maybe they are working on a letter / announcement.

Not telling guests what is going on is highly abnormal.

No that is the new NCL policy instituted by FDR - keep-em guessing and

surprise them with sudden unexplained fees charges etc.

Now let's see what NCL can dream up for this event - that and tomorrow is

supposed to be "THE BIG ANNOUNCEMENT" !

DelFee-o's marketing and PR strategy.... Silence is golden :mad:

That's the Breakaway ... Very very strange…

Thanks, trying to shift gears here. Of course, nothing announced on NCL dot com either (just checked again) - and there's no reason for them to say anything, yet ... unless.

Not strange, gotta be some good reasons to grant such surprise gift to those onboard ... now, we can start checking the tidal tables to see when the Dawn can safely sail out past the corals without hitting bottoms. With the BA coming in, that's going to get interesting.

Maybe, they are trying out something new - as in tandem docking of 2 NCL ships together on the pier, bring them alongside parallel & connect the gangways ... go thru the sister ship & walk onto the pier - without tendering 5,000 pax & crews. Nah, too mad crazy for such idea & safety could be a major issue.

Maybe, Stuart & FDR going to on the Dawn personally later on (Tuesday) to do this "huge" announcement ?? :eek:

My two cents (which is worth literally that much only when the dollar is strong) is that they are sticking around to fix a minor mechanical problem vs anything to do with corporate announcement.

One day extra in port often does the trick, witnessed it multiple times. In fact, just today the Stantadam is spending the whole day in Seward getting something patched up in her hull. This theroy would be even more likely if the Dawn is an izopad prop ship, which I'm too lazy to google at the moment.

The dawn can obviously make it back to Boston in a day (didn't she do that last year when postponed departing because of a storm?, or was that the Summit?). Until you hear otherwise, I'd take this as a gift and do your best not to kick the horse. Bermuda is such a lovely inexpensive port to explore on your own.

HOWEVER; If formal communication was given that the ship would be in port an extra day WITHOUT including a formal explanation, I call BS. I suppose another thing to consider is that I've found rumors at sea don't just have wings, they have jet propulsion systems. Either way (rumor or true), there is some serious room for improvement in the communication department. NCL just has to type up a letter explaining why, or why not, the ship is hanging around. Seriously, a two paragraph synopsis at 120 words per minute would take what, less than 2 minutes to compose? Someone in the office has to have those type of mad skills. And it's not like they don't have adequate paper supplies on board to send an announcement to everyone cabin (have you SEEN the extra amount of resources are consumed to inform customers about 3 bottles of Absolute in the BUY-NOW-super-sale-to-beat-all-sales saver plan).

In the meantime, enjoy enjoy enjoy and please let us know what the end results are. I'm now curious, and I've heard it's a dangerous condition that may actually kill a cats.

The delivery of oars was delayed.

Along the quayside, up the gangplank, only one oar each...:rolleyes:

If the DAWN is in Bermuda with engine (Azipod) troubles then she is going

to have to go the dry-dock facilities in the Bahamas. The STAR did this recently.

BUT I doubt that this is the reason for the delayed departure - but why it

is not being announced is something else - keeping folks in the dark is not

conducive to good customer service. And the Cruise Critic readers just

love to wreck havoc with this sort of thing - tally ho to the presses with all

the news fit to print or otherwise !

Please let us know when you find out (or can someone post here in case I miss it?). I'm about to pull the trigger on an Oct Dawn cruise today and man oh man I don't want to make the wrong choice when I could easily book BA instead.

She can obviously easily make it back to Boston in one day; she only takes one day to get to BDA.

It seems really strange that no letter has been distributed yet.