ALLURE- ? toiletries

We have always had an ice bucket available on Allure.

Let the room steward know you want ice each day, and they will

keep it full for you.

Toiletries are a different matter.

In the suites, we had lovely little bottles of shampoo, conditioner and lotion. There were also individually wrapped mini bars of bath soap.

In the balcony room we had a big dispenser of some 'all in one' soapy, shampoos stuff that smelled a bit odd. There were individual wrapped mini bars of bath soap.

Now that Allure has been in dry dock it will be interesting to see if they replace the all in one dispensers with individual toiletries.

If you are picky about products, bring your own.

I always bring my own toiletries.....the shampoo they provide is crappy, IMO...even the stuff in suites. I also like a REAL bar of soap, so I bring that, too. Those little "slivers" don't cut it!

There is some sort of liquid gel....don't know if it's supposed to be shampoo, body wash or shower cleaner....I won't use it! They simply top it off...no telling what is in there!

I will be bringing my own but what will be in the room and bathrooms. I have read conflicting remarks. Do they supply shampoo, conditioner and body wash? Are there ice buckets in the rooms?:

Yes, they supply them - and they are all combined in a container in the shower (note: this stuff also serves as a detergent to wash out hand laundry). Seriously, I have no problem with it, but DH always brings his own. GS and above have little bottles of individual shampoo, conditioner, etc. - have had mixed experiences in a JS.

I always bring my own toiletries.....the shampoo they provide is crappy, IMO...even the stuff in suites. I also like a REAL bar of soap, so I bring that, too. Those little "slivers" don't cut it!

There is some sort of liquid gel....don't know if it's supposed to be shampoo, body wash or shower cleaner....I won't use it! They simply top it off...no telling what is in there!

In regards to suites:

The above is so not true!!!

And I do not know when the last time you sailed in a suite but we have been in 6 RCI suites in the last 8 years.

We were supplied with GILCHRIST AND SOAMES on all 6 of our RCI cruises in suites. It was an excellent shampoo and conditioner as well as providing a shower gel and a body lotion.

If you do not like this brand, then by all means bring your own.

We have always sailed 3 in a suite (GS or CL).

We have asked and received many of these individual packaging as well as bars of soap. Not slivers.

When we sailed the Freedom about 5 years ago we had these individual soaps and shampoos as well as the dispenser of unknown substance in shower, which we did not use.

The Allure and Oasis did not have this dispenser in shower, only the above mentioned item.

In fact we had many tubes left over that I have a container in the upstairs closet filled with shampoo, when I need a "cruise" moment.

Sea Ya

We had a D4 balcony on the Allure in May (the first 7 nighter after dry dock). The regular stuff is two pieces of soap and the dispensers. But you get individual bottles are available on request from your cabin steward. You can see here what we got (shampoo, conditioner, shower gel, body lotion and two vanity kits).

steamboats

They give me little bottles of shampoo and cream rinse (and a body wash that I don't use), plus smalls soaps. I ask for them every time I cruise - and I'm usually in an inside room, as I prefer them to balcony rooms. I don't know if it matters that I'm Diamond Plus, but I'd certainly ask for the little bottles if you want them.

• 1 month later...