Rumor Has It - - - 2020 The Galaxy Class

Calgon1

How much will a balcony with a platinum discount be? Any word on if there will be more smoking areas. These bigger ships will need more outside smoke areas. Please post more decks as they come? Will these ships also have the New and improve suites program? Will be following this post. Thank You for sharing this info! :)

Edited by BlueSkySailing

Galaxy%20and%20Oasis%20Class_zpsvtsx7fpk.gif

Well, we can dream, can't we?

Would it really be a dream? I´m not one mocking the idea and while I love the smaller ships I had fun on Oasis as well and would sail again on this ship class anytime.

However I´m not sure where the Limit is and at least to me it´s not a dream.

:D That is superb! Of course, it'd have to tender *everywhere*. And can you imagine how gloomy it would be at the bottom of Central Park with all those deck above!

:)

Edited by motif

You do know this is a spoof?; OP made it up.

Maybe I did . . . :)

Maybe I didn't . . . :eek:

Playing with a few ideas here -

Palisades Park -

1) Full size Ferris Wheel (a la the London Eye),

2) A decent sized roller-coaster,

3) A waterfall down the forward bulkhead, filling into a "lazy-river coursing through the Park and Metropolis, empting off the stern in Atlantic Beach. The water slide would be truly "AWESOME"!!!!

Enjoy :D

Edited by Calgon1

Ugh....now I have to pack Roller Skates?:eek:

Thinking Venice Beach could be renamed to "Cocoa Beach". Have a venue called "Splashdown" . . .

Four passengers strap into a capsule, which is launched off the stern by catapult. Splashdown in the water, a la NASA; just without the parachutes. A tender hooks on and tows your "crew" you to he ship. There, a gantry crane (Radiance class) lifts you back on board.

Then you can ride a bumper car motorcade through Gotham City. The passengers in the Gotham View balconies and throw confetti (biodegradable, of course).

Would probably be best if this was only open when in harbor/anchorage though. . .

Other ideas? Well, how about . . .

REAL horse racing ?

NASCAR?

BMX/Moto-Cross ?

Maybe a skateboard park?

Bumper car drive-in movie (Movies-Under-The-Stars)?

A real "Mel's Diner" complete with roller-skating car-hops (Champagne123 ?) and a drive through!

My avatar kind of sums it up - What passes for my mind is not so much a fertile ground. Rather, more of a toxic waste dump!

Edited by Calgon1

Water-Sports platforms that open from the port and starboard sides - Jet-skis, glass-bottom, para-sail and banana boat rides, our own "Nautilus" submarine.

Dragon's Breath II zipline . . .

Edited by Calgon1

Just had a friend e-mail me her new countdown !

She also pointed out that I should have said Quantum class, when I was speaking of the crane.

VERY impressive Janet !:)

Galaxy%20Countdown_zpsykdgj8zq.png

Edited by Calgon1

Palisades Park has a Farris Wheel and a Roller coaster. You can also play Arcade games here. Gotham City is a Batman dream place. His latest car will be on display. Joker and other bad guys as well as Batman and Robin and Batgirl will be walking around for pics.

. . . You must be a "Jersey Boy". . .

Sorry, no.

But, "I know dis guy . . ."

- - - - - - -

It's amazing. Great postings here, but I'm also getting quite a few e-mails. Thought I'd add them in and summarize for y'all. . .

From a "guy I know" who works at the Fincantieri Shipyard . . . RCI is getting ready to announce their next step into the future . . . The Galaxy Class. At 680,000 tons, 17850.5 ft length, 231 feet beam, 15,680 passengers, 28 passenger decks; the Galaxy will secure RCI in the lead with the biggest AND the best! Here are a few of their latest innovations -

Central Park - Remains basically the same, but has added horse drawn carriage rides.

Gotham City - An extension of Central park, with shopping, dining venues; to include a Sam's Club and a Costco. 'Mel's Diner' will compete with the 'Varsity Drive-In of the Seas'; complete with an actual drive-thru (for the bumper cars) and roller blade wearing car-hops! There will also be a drive-in theater and submarine races each evening. Gotham City also hosts Wayne Manor, A recreation of Bruce Wayne's ancestral home with a "Tower of Terror" style elevator ride. His latest car will be on display. Joker and other bad guys as well as Batman, Robin and Batgirl will be walking around for pics; having run the DreamWorks characters off to other neighborhoods. However, One does (occasionally) see a "penguin" wandering by . . .

Cocoa Beach replaces Venice Beach - Immediately adjacent to the "Lunch-Pad" (a NASA inspired specialty restaurant) is "Splashdown". A four-seat pod, launched by catapult, allowing passengers to experience what the early astronauts went through when returning from orbit. Tenders will "recover" our intrepid "star voyagers", towing the capsule back to the ship, where a gantry-crane will gently deposit them back on-deck. The experience ends with a (bumper-car) motorcade through Gotham City, complete with (biodegradable) confetti.

Palisades Park begins with an 18 deck waterfall, cascading from the forward bulkhead and emptying into a "lake". A "lazy-river" flows through the Grand Canyon and Amazon Basin, ending in a "wave-pool".

Metropolis has been replaced by The Amazon Basin - A lush, tropical, rain forest with three zip-lines (including the new "Dragon's Breath II), connected by rope bridges affording spectacular views of the triple canopy jungle and the Lazy River.

Atlantic Beach has been restored to the Boardwalk and has added a full size Ferris Wheel (a la the London Eye), and a roller coaster. The H2O Zone (Deck 20) extends to the Boardwalk, via three water slides and a water roller-coaster. For the most daring, there will be "Totally Awesome", a 23-story, near vertical (80 degree) water plunge, ending at the "wave pool"!

The Sports Zone is adding two (tethered) hang gliders, which will be usable at sea.

He also hinted that the designers are playing with the idea of two fold-out water platforms (the "Port-Port" and the "Starboard-Port"), which will provide jet-ski rental, glass-bottom, para-sail and banana boat rides and two 100 passenger "Nautilus" submarines.

Edited by Calgon1

For the most daring, there will be "Totally Awesome", a 23-story, near vertical (80 degree) water plunge, ending at the "wave pool".

I like the Abyss better, you don't have to get wet for that one.:cool:

Edited by Biker19