Rumor Has It - - - 2020 The Galaxy Class

Calgon1

Has to have a golf course! (Replica of Augusta National). Maybe a fifth major?

With three ships in the class (Galaxy, Leviathan and Behemoth of the Seas); they'll only have six holes on each ship. That way you'll have to sail all three to get in a full round!

However, DriveHard 63 just told me that the ice rink will be NHL regulation size (Stanley Cup at Sea?). Sound good to me!

OMG....28,000 pax waiting at the buffet for an omelet?

6am chair hogs? :eek:

Two hours on deck 28 waiting for the elevator?

Muster Drills?????? Sh--t. Talk about claustrophobia

One end of the ship to the other.......as I said......packing my roller skates

Being turned away at the dining room and having to walk ALL THE WAY to the other end of the ship to change clothes.

Edited by champagne123
ssssssss

Imagine the line at GS on dis-embarkation morning.

:eek: I think it will have to be Disembarkation Weekend.

Saturday/Sunday: Previous cruise disembarks

Monday/Tuesday: New cruisers embark

Wednesday: At sea

Thursday: CoCo Cay

Friday: At sea

;):)

:D That is superb! Of course, it'd have to tender *everywhere*. And can you imagine how gloomy it would be at the bottom of Central Park with all those deck above!

:)

No need to tender if the ship splits in 1/2 before entering port and uses both sides of the dock.

No need to tender if the ship splits in 1/2 before entering port and uses both sides of the dock.

Unless they build it on a swath hull. Then, she could simply straddle the pier, and provide a nice, sheltered debarkation through the belly of the beast!

I wonder what we would have thought if we saw the plans for Oasis and Quantum class ships 20 years ago. Rock climbing wall, bumper cars, ice skating rink, flow rider, a bar that moves up and down between decks, water slide, etc. on a cruise ship? yeah right. Easy dreamin'. :eek:

Sorry, no.

But, "I know dis guy . . ."

- - - - - - -

It's amazing. Great postings here, but I'm also getting quite a few e-mails. Thought I'd add them in and summarize for y'all. . .

From a "guy I know" who works at the Fincantieri Shipyard . . . RCI is getting ready to announce their next step into the future . . . The Galaxy Class. At 680,000 tons, 17850.5 ft length, 231 feet beam, 15,680 passengers, 28 passenger decks; the Galaxy will secure RCI in the lead with the biggest AND the best! Here are a few of their latest innovations -

Central Park - Remains basically the same, but has added horse drawn carriage rides.

Gotham City - An extension of Central park, with shopping, dining venues; to include a Sam's Club and a Costco. 'Mel's Diner' will compete with the 'Varsity Drive-In of the Seas'; complete with an actual drive-thru (for the bumper cars) and roller blade wearing car-hops! There will also be a drive-in theater and submarine races each evening. Gotham City also hosts Wayne Manor, A recreation of Bruce Wayne's ancestral home with a "Tower of Terror" style elevator ride. His latest car will be on display. Joker and other bad guys as well as Batman, Robin and Batgirl will be walking around for pics; having run the DreamWorks characters off to other neighborhoods. However, One does (occasionally) see a "penguin" wandering by . . .

Cocoa Beach replaces Venice Beach - Immediately adjacent to the "Lunch-Pad" (a NASA inspired specialty restaurant) is "Splashdown". A four-seat pod, launched by catapult, allowing passengers to experience what the early astronauts went through when returning from orbit. Tenders will "recover" our intrepid "star voyagers", towing the capsule back to the ship, where a gantry-crane will gently deposit them back on-deck. The experience ends with a (bumper-car) motorcade through Gotham City, complete with (biodegradable) confetti.

Palisades Park begins with an 18 deck waterfall, cascading from the forward bulkhead and emptying into a "lake". A "lazy-river" flows through the Grand Canyon and Amazon Basin, ending in a "wave-pool".

Metropolis has been replaced by The Amazon Basin - A lush, tropical, rain forest with three zip-lines (including the new "Dragon's Breath II), connected by rope bridges affording spectacular views of the triple canopy jungle and the Lazy River.

Atlantic Beach has been restored to the Boardwalk and has added a full size Ferris Wheel (a la the London Eye), and a roller coaster. The H2O Zone (Deck 20) extends to the Boardwalk, via three water slides and a water roller-coaster. For the most daring, there will be "Totally Awesome", a 23-story, near vertical (80 degree) water plunge, ending at the "wave pool"!

The Sports Zone is adding two (tethered) hang gliders, which will be usable at sea.

He also hinted that the designers are playing with the idea of two fold-out water platforms (the "Port-Port" and the "Starboard-Port"), which will provide jet-ski rental, glass-bottom, para-sail and banana boat rides and two 100 passenger "Nautilus" submarines.

17850.5 feet in length?

That's about 3.5 miles! :eek:

From a "guy I know" who works at the Fincantieri Shipyard . . . RCI is getting ready to announce their next step into the future . . . The Galaxy Class. At 680,000 tons, 17850.5 ft length, 231 feet beam, 15,680 passengers, 28 passenger decks; the Galaxy will secure RCI in the lead with the biggest AND the best! Here are a few of their latest innovations -

WHOOPS! That should have read, "1,750.5 ft" :o

(I must have "fat-fingered" the keyboard)

(or . . . it was a Freudian slip.:D)

17,850.5 is the new 'Universe Class Ships'. Still on the drawing board.....You mean a Freudian Ship....

Newest additions to the Galaxy of the Seas . . .

The Ferris-Wheel, reaching the 550' foot level and encircling the forward Viking Crown.

The Royal Cloud Suites (Deck 30) on the forward slope of each stack. Wow, can you imagine the view from 400' above the sea?

Have a venue called "Splashdown" . . .

Four passengers strap into a capsule, which is launched off the stern by catapult. Splashdown in the water, a la NASA; just without the parachutes. A tender hooks on and tows your "crew" you to he ship. There, a gantry crane (Radiance class) lifts you back on board.

This. I want this to happen. Fuggedabout water slides. Splashdown would be epic. People would willingly get off the ship at Nassau if the Splashdown experience was involved.

DH and I thought this would be ideal added functionality for the North Star, except we called it an up-close-and-personal ocean experience called "Bait". Imagine a ball on a string, bouncing people in and out of the ocean. Imagine the liability waivers for that thing!

With three ships in the class (Galaxy, Leviathan and Behemoth of the Seas); they'll only have six holes on each ship. That way you'll have to sail all three to get in a full round!

:D

Edited by undercat