Kids Menu?

rifson97

Does anyone have a photo of the MDR kid's menu?

I have have done a search on the boards so have a rough idea of what is on the menu between 2004/12 but wondered if anyone had a more up to date photo.

Thanks

I just got off the Crown yesterday, but unfortunately didn't take a picture of the kids menu. I can tell you it was pretty much the usual kids fare however. Cheeseburger, hotdog, spaghetti, nuggets, fish sticks, fruit salad, alphabet soup. Also the love boat volcano dessert which is a banana split. Most of these items come with fries, but you could also ask for steamed vegetables as well. They can also do special requests if you tell them the night before. They did mac and cheese for the kids one night which wasn't on the menu.

Unlike some restaurants, Princess will let anyone order from the kid's menu - they don't check your age. Many of us will order the Volcano for desert.

And you can order it with any flavor of ice cream available that day. You do not have to have vanilla unless you want vanilla.

My son's favourite was the alphabet soup. He orders this every single night! Even when he doesn't eat all of his burger or hot dog or pasta, you can be sure that the soup bowl is empty. Princess makes delicious soups :)

Or spaghetti, or chicken fingers, or garden salad! We often order those items when nothing else appeals to us on the "adult" menu.;)

The garden salad is a good alternative to some of the more "exotic" salads you'll find on the adult menu. It's the basic lettuce, tomato, cucumber salad you get in restaurants. They also have an extensive selection of dressings. I recommend the honey mustard. The soup is basic, too, kind of chicken noodle with alphabet letters rather than noodles. If you want basic, this is the stuff. I will get the spaghetti and meatballs at least once on a cruise, delicious meatballs.

My son's favourite was the alphabet soup. He orders this every single night! Even when he doesn't eat all of his burger or hot dog or pasta, you can be sure that the soup bowl is empty. Princess makes delicious soups :)

Once when I wasn't feeling well, I ordered the soup and it hit the spot.

Theresa

Can children order from adult menu as well as kids menu?

Yes. They can order anything they want for either menu - as can adults. It's a great opportunity for them to try new things, since they can always order something else if they don't like it.

Edited by NavyVeteran

Some children love to order from Adult menu ... makes them feel grownup. :)

LuLu

Some kids prefer to order from the adult menu because the food is better!

On my kids' first cruise, at 2, 5 & 8 years old, they ate off the adult menu every night. The 8 year old ordered prime rib, steak, or whatever beef dish every night, and the 5 year old ordered fish every night. We often asked for no sauce, but they ate it all! The 2 year old just ate whatever we gave her off our plates.

On their last couple of cruises, as teens/young adults, they still tend to order the same... beef, fish... and my daughter still tends to sample off my plate. :rolleyes: