Nassau blue lagoon

rydan

Just cancelled our Blue Lagoon excursion for Dec 4th on the Escape. We arrive in Nassau at noon. Next boat to the island at 1:30. 35 minute ride to the Lagoon, must be back on boat at 4:00pm as that is the last one of the day.

Only would have 2 hours there.

Anyone have an alternate place to go besides Atlantis?

Thanks

Just cancelled our Blue Lagoon excursion for Dec 4th on the Escape. We arrive in Nassau at noon. Next boat to the island at 1:30. 35 minute ride to the Lagoon, must be back on boat at 4:00pm as that is the last one of the day.

Thanks

Suggest you check the Nassau board in ports of call, below. We don't usually get off the boat in Nassau anymore.

Thanks

We went over to the Hilton and bought a beach pass that also includes a food and beverage credit plus towels... Just an idea for you

Thanks[/quote

With such a short window a NCL option might be best if you want a beach day.

We did the Dolphin Encounter there (through Shore Trips) 3 weeks ago (loved it!). We caught the 1:30 ferry over and took the 4:30 back (I know there site says 4:00 but it's 4:30). There were still people on the island when we left - apparently there was a 5:30 ferry back. It was a short trip but unfortunately I had paid in full BEFORE NCL cut the port time.

If you're there 12-7 or even 12-6 you can do the Hilton Day Pass. Nice beach, really nice pool, good food, and comfy chairs & sunbeds.

We've also done the walking tour - http://www.frommers.com/destinations/new-providence/722464 - and really enjoyed it.

I'd never stay on the ship anywhere....

Just cancelled our Blue Lagoon excursion for Dec 4th on the Escape. We arrive in Nassau at noon. Anyone have an alternate place to go besides Atlantis? Thanks

We were having the same dilemma, and not wanting to spend the mega $$$ to do the Atlantis water park, which seems like mainly standing in lines all day, occasionally finally making it to a water slide. Finally happened upon some good reviews with mention of the Tiki Bikini Hut. Here's the Trip Advisor link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g147416-d4582228-Reviews-The_Tiki_Bikini_Hut-Nassau_New_Providence_Island_Bahamas.html

It's #1 out of 110 things to do in Nassau, is within walking distance of the ship, and you can get two chairs, umbrella, and three drinks for $35. Anywhere else you'd probably pay that for the chairs and umbrella alone. Other reviews mention the same deal for $45 but with 8 drinks and includes beach towels. The sign in some of the pictures shows unlimited free soft drinks for kids under 11. How about $30 for all you can drink (up to 200 drinks) :) Here's a link to some of the reviewer pictures. You can scroll through and find some menu pictures but some of the reviews showed even better deals: http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g147416-d4582228-Reviews-The_Tiki_Bikini_Hut-Nassau_New_Providence_Island_Bahamas.html#photos

The reviews are great. Place doesn't look like much, but the reviewers really liked the people, the price is right, good food prices, it's close, and on the beach. Oh, and I forgot to mention - Free WiFi!! Until I see something better, that's our plan anyway!

Edited by Sandman799

We were having the same dilemma, and not wanting to spend the mega $$$ to do the Atlantis water park, which seems like mainly standing in lines all day, occasionally finally making it to a water slide. Finally happened upon some good reviews with mention of the Tiki Bikini Hut. Here's the Trip Advisor link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g147416-d4582228-Reviews-The_Tiki_Bikini_Hut-Nassau_New_Providence_Island_Bahamas.html

It's #1 out of 110 things to do in Nassau, is within walking distance of the ship, and you can get two chairs, umbrella, and three drinks for $35. Anywhere else you'd probably pay that for the chairs and umbrella alone. Other reviews mention the same deal for $45 but with 8 drinks and includes beach towels. The sign in some of the pictures shows unlimited free soft drinks for kids under 11. How about $30 for all you can drink (up to 200 drinks) :) Here's a link to some of the reviewer pictures. You can scroll through and find some menu pictures but some of the reviews showed even better deals: http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g147416-d4582228-Reviews-The_Tiki_Bikini_Hut-Nassau_New_Providence_Island_Bahamas.html#photos

The reviews are great. Place doesn't look like much, but the reviewers really liked the people, the price is right, good food prices, it's close, and on the beach. Oh, and I forgot to mention - Free WiFi!! Until I see something better, that's our plan anyway!

Thanks!

I hadn't even heard of this place!! Looks awesome!!

We've been to

RIU all inclusive - Expensive, but very nice, the beach is kind of underwhelming after you walk through such a nice resort. The inclusive food was ok. Better than the ships buffet, but didn't change my life lol

Sheraton is nice, cheap, just take the jitney there and its very affordable

Hilton - Hilton is very nice, probably my favorite in terms of value - love all their padded chairs and facilities - yes, you only can get like 2 drinks per person with the credit, but not a huge deal imho.

You could always snorkel - I love being in the ocean and its usually a good time

Senor Frogs is a possibility if you want to drink on shore

Thanks

I agree and support your decision. On Epic in 2010 we got to Nassau about 1230 and had only about 1.5 hours at Blue Lagoon.

My suggestion is to stay on this new and exciting new ship. My last several cruises I have stayed on the ship in Nassau and LOVE it. Most people are off the ship and you have the ship all to yourself. Lay by the pool, enjoy the slides, go to the spa, etc.

We did The Blue Lagoon Island excursion in July when we sailed on the Getaway. In hindsight now, we wished we would have just done a free beach day. Sure, we had fun sliding on the big slide out there, but I felt it was just too expensive for such a short time there. We felt rushed and we always checking the time to make for certain we didn't miss the boat back. They do post on a board what time there will be returning shuttles. Whatever your decision, I hope you have a great time in Nassau! I know many people complain about the port, but anyway on a cruise is a good day for us :)

Finally happened upon some good reviews with mention of the Tiki Bikini Hut. Here's the Trip Advisor link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g147416-d4582228-Reviews-The_Tiki_Bikini_Hut-Nassau_New_Providence_Island_Bahamas.html

It's #1 out of 110 things to do in Nassau, is within walking distance of the ship, and you can get two chairs, umbrella, and three drinks for $35. Anywhere else you'd probably pay that for the chairs and umbrella alone. Other reviews mention the same deal for $45 but with 8 drinks and includes beach towels. The sign in some of the pictures shows unlimited free soft drinks for kids under 11. How about $30 for all you can drink (up to 200 drinks) :)

Thank you so much for this! It's now at the top of my list for things to do in Nassau next February!

We always walk up to the John Watlings distillery and try the local rum. Walk back and stop in the straw market. I don't care for the straw market but my dh does and loves to haggle!

For out trip in March since I'm going with my mom, I'm hiring a local guide to take us up to John Watlings, the Graycliff chocolate "factory" and maybe drive over to the Queen's Staircase. I personally think it's a beautiful island though I know not many do. You can find him on FB - gotoguytours

Totally agree Greycliff manor is beautiful, and the cigar rolling and chocolate factory is nice. John Waltings rum factory right near by with free samples and a wonderful bar is great. Both walkable from the cruise port.

Safe sailing

We did The Blue Lagoon Island excursion in July when we sailed on the Getaway. In hindsight now, we wished we would have just done a free beach day. Sure, we had fun sliding on the big slide out there, but I felt it was just too expensive for such a short time there. We felt rushed and we always checking the time to make for certain we didn't miss the boat back. They do post on a board what time there will be returning shuttles. Whatever your decision, I hope you have a great time in Nassau! I know many people complain about the port, but anyway on a cruise is a good day for us :)

Ditto! Loved it but too short of time. I bet these new port times will really hurt their business.

Ditto! Loved it but too short of time. I bet these new port times will really hurt their business.

The new Nassau times are exactly the same as they were for my May 2014 Getaway cruise. They had changed for a while, and now they've changed back.

Totally agree Greycliff manor is beautiful, and the cigar rolling and chocolate factory is nice. John Waltings rum factory right near by with free samples and a wonderful bar is great. Both walkable from the cruise port.

Safe sailing

I am thinking about doing this in Nassau. I haven't done Greycliff or John Waltings, good to know they are right by each other. Do they have free tours or things you can book when you get there? is a whole day sort of thing, or will we have time to make it to a beach as well?

Def not a whole day. I believe the Chocolate factory did have tours. Could be booked then. We just walked around the grounds at Greycliff, looked at chocolate store, and stopped by cigar rolling. Just looked around also at rum factory. Spoke to some workers, I was mostly interested in sampling and hitting the bar (yummy fresh mango frozen daiquiri). 10 min walk*uphill at parts. We prob only spent 1-1 1/2 hours to do it all. Google them as there may be tours, cigar rolling classes, lunches. I remember looking, but we weren't interested. Nice places to visit.

Safe sailing