Pics from Alaska on the Noordam

jvalentine

........I read your post and was looking at the photo of Marjorie Glacier at the same time that hubby was editing his photos from this past May. We were able to see the differences between the glacier then and last week:) Not a lot of difference and still gorgeous:)

Joanie

Thank you!! We dig the cameras out whenever we travel..it's a ton of fun!! Matthew, my husband, took these so he gets the credit...my shots are a little more random. ;)

The photos are excellent, and of a professional quality. Thank you for sharing.

Well, you've convinced me.... time to book my 4th Alaska cruise in 8 years. Thank you for your wonderful reminders of just how beautiful it is.

I believe one of your photos is of Johns Hopkins Glacier in Glacier Bay. I've seen it twice now and your photo is the first I've seen without any ice floating between the ship and the glacier. Wonder what that portends?

Well, you've convinced me.... time to book my 4th Alaska cruise in 8 years. Thank you for your wonderful reminders of just how beautiful it is.

I believe one of your photos is of Johns Hopkins Glacier in Glacier Bay. I've seen it twice now and your photo is the first I've seen without any ice floating between the ship and the glacier. Wonder what that portends?

There's a contingent of the sailaway gang going in May, hint hint!:D Would be great to see you both again.

........I read your post and was looking at the photo of Marjorie Glacier at the same time that hubby was editing his photos from this past May. We were able to see the differences between the glacier then and last week:) Not a lot of difference and still gorgeous:)

Joanie

It has been a few years since I've seen the Margerie Glacier (named after the French explorer Emmanuel de Margerie who visited Glacier Bay in 1913 according to Wikipedia-- just a bit of trivia). The picture the OP posted looks very much like the pictures we have of the Margerie. I think my most recent visit was 2010. Time for another trip to Glacier Bay for me, I think!

Edited by CowPrincess
to correct a misspelling of Margerie

It has been a few years since I've seen the Margerie Glacier (named after the French explorer Emmanuel de Margerie who visited Glacier Bay in 1913 according to Wikipedia-- just a bit of trivia). The picture the OP posted looks very much like the pictures we have of the Margerie. I think my most recent visit was 2010. Time for another trip to Glacier Bay for me, I think!

If you google Margerie Glacier the first thing that comes up is some lovely photos. If I remember correctly, it is one of the wider glaciers in the park. But I could be wrong - it's been known though not often.;)