May 13 (0800-1700)

Marseille, France

May 15 (0600-2100)

Livorno (Florence/Pisa), Italy

May 17 (0700-1800)

Naples, Italy

May 18 (0500-1900)

Civitavecchia (Rome), Italy

15965029_1212662518817234_5164478009089067420_n.jpg?oh=1df56699e46af318c0b7b16feef7247c&oe=593A331B

It has a lot of stops for a reposition cruise! Hong Kong Cruise Society speculated it could be media and travel industry only. Even for pampering Asian travel agents that's quite some time in Europe.

Genting Dream (the previous ship leaving Meyer Werft) stopped at Gibraltar and Egypt before transiting the Suez canal and towards Mumbai. Dream had finishing work done while underway and had some blogging folks on board, not sure if they were just the ship's dancers or famous diva's..

I am not expecting any revenue cruises on Joy in Europe, I had some hope for the launch of the wave season/NCL's new itinerary releases but not anymore at this moment. :( What do you think?

Yes i gave up waiting the joy , I will saill on the carebean princess instead [emoji36]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

you can see the joy will hava a ducktail, on facebook wrote someone bliss will have one too. maybe this is a change because many people says escape ist rocking?

On the sideways render Bliss has a ducktail too, it's adding stability and improved handling but I don't think the lack of it causes something to Escape. I've read the same stories about Epic; sailed a few occasions on her on different seas but couldn't tell anything really different from any other cruise ship. Each week's cruise is a different one though.

04b_NCLBliss_FI_10-25-16.jpg

you can see the joy will hava a ducktail, on facebook wrote someone bliss will have one too. maybe this is a change because many people says escape ist rocking?

all new ships should have a ducktail at the end. they are various advantages to have them from making the ship more streamline in the water, more stability, and maybe improve engine/fuel efficiently

Not to go off topic, but it looks as though the Bliss won't have any slides *sigh* not that I'm TOO surprised since it's an Alaskan based cruise, but I'm kind of bummed about that since I'll be sailing on her through the Caribbean in November 2018. Love those slides! I guess time will tell once the official deck plans are released.

Sorry -- back to Joy!

On the sideways render Bliss has a ducktail too, it's adding stability and improved handling but I don't think the lack of it causes something to Escape. I've read the same stories about Epic; sailed a few occasions on her on different seas but couldn't tell anything really different from any other cruise ship. Each week's cruise is a different one though.

04b_NCLBliss_FI_10-25-16.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Not to go off topic, but it looks as though the Bliss won't have any slides *sigh* not that I'm TOO surprised since it's an Alaskan based cruise, but I'm kind of bummed about that since I'll be sailing on her through the Caribbean in November 2018. Love those slides! I guess time will tell once the official deck plans are released.

Sorry -- back to Joy!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Bliss might have slides, renders are often censored with especially the slides and bells and whistles left blank. Bliss deck 19 shows a stair that's also on Escape deck 19 solely for entrance to the water slides, it's not visible on deck 18 though..

Edited by FreestyleNovice
typo

I am not expecting any revenue cruises on Joy in Europe, I had some hope for the launch of the wave season/NCL's new itinerary releases but not anymore at this moment. :( What do you think?

There is so much that doesn't make any sense about this launch.

Why so many stops for a non-rev cruise ? The escape did a straight run to Miami on it's repo (after a I think a 1 day & 2 day around Europe). None of the Chinese online travel agents I checked are taking any booking before it's arrival for it's regular runs.

I haven't seen any news (even on the Chinese sites) on what will be free and what will be charge. People are booking cruises with no idea what's included.

Why not deck plans released yet ? The sites taking booking have Escape deck plans. People are booking cabin with just a number and no idea where it's located.

I am giving it another few weeks before giving up and booking something else. I don't think there will be many waiting if they start trying to sell a cruise in March/April.

I posted some links to partial Joy deck plans a few pages back - seemed to have most details other than upper decks.

I'd be surprised if the Bliss doesn't end up with some type of waterslide(s).

I do believe there is something unique about the Escape that causes an interesting "wobble". I noticed none of this on the Breakaway. It simply felt that something was slightly "off" with the propulsion - as it was felt most in the aft, and increased with speed. By no means did it detract from our trip - just something noticeable.

I posted some links to partial Joy deck plans a few pages back - seemed to have most details other than upper decks.

I'd be surprised if the Bliss doesn't end up with some type of waterslide(s).

I do believe there is something unique about the Escape that causes an interesting "wobble". I noticed none of this on the Breakaway. It simply felt that something was slightly "off" with the propulsion - as it was felt most in the aft, and increased with speed. By no means did it detract from our trip - just something noticeable.

Could be, hull design of BA and ES are different; see the bulbous bow for instance;

20150825094238_S693_Escape_Buildingdock_DSC5096_sm.jpg

cb21018b.jpg

I am not an engineer so can't relate the sleeker design of ES to more pitch or roll, I just like to spot differences.. :D

Norwegian Joy is heading to Guam after leaving Singapore on the 20 May 2017.

Norwegian Joy

Singapore: 20 May 2017 Saturday 8:00 AM to 20 May 2017 Saturday 6:00PM

Previous Port: Salalah, Oman

Next Port: Apra Harbour, Guam, USA

Any NCL or cruise lovers in Guam able to take a pic of her when she arrives there? :eek::eek:

She will arrive in Guam on 27 May 2017 from 6am to 4pm

Edited by WaveSplasher

LOL, that's the last straw... NCL's next press release will be how Epic will be doing the 7 day milk runs in the Med until her demolition in 2060. Geesh, such a shame to see the upcoming ships going to Asia. Not wanting to wait for the Italian newbuilds..