Everything.. Norwegian JOY! Delivery spring 2017

FreestyleNovice

In the dark nobody care about It , thats sad , why chinese dont make There own brand , joy is in ncl fleet but not for Booking

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Only can be booked by Chinese travel agents or NCL china site which is only in Chinese but what I don't understand is if Mandarin is main language on ship why is the opening team arriving mostly no Mandarin speaking

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Only can be booked by Chinese travel agents or NCL china site which is only in Chinese but what I don't understand is if Mandarin is main language on ship why is the opening team arriving mostly no Mandarin speaking

There doesn't even appear to be a way to book on the NCL China site. It just lists local travel agents.

Nothing on the travel agent sites I found until it arrives on June 28th. So look like it will deadhead like the Genting Dream did.

There doesn't even appear to be a way to book on the NCL China site. It just lists local travel agents.

Nothing on the travel agent sites I found until it arrives on June 28th. So look like it will deadhead like the Genting Dream did.

They really only want Chinese clientele in this ship it seems. Then the next ship after the Bliss goes to China as well

f69249624bdf79253ebeb5edaa5d39da.jpg

率先披露! 挪威喜悅號最新亞洲行程!

Exclusive! NORWEGIAN JOY Updated Asia Itinerary!

近日中韓關係緊張,導致從中國出發之郵輪不再到訪南韓,#挪威郵輪 亦需更改新船 #挪威喜悅號 從上海及天津出發的航線。我們獨家取得其2017年最新修訂行程,可見南韓港口已全部取消,而到訪的日本港口將包括福岡、長崎、油津 (宮崎)、熊本、北九州、高知、廣島、神戶及大阪。所有航線暫時皆為包船行程,只能透過位於中國境內的旅行社預訂。

Norwegian Joy 2017 June - December itineraries. According to NCL Hong Kong office, a few sailings and a limited number of cabins will be "available for sale internationally" soon.

Due to the recent tension between China and South Korea, many cruise lines have removed the South Korean ports from the sailings of their China-based ships. #NorwegianCruiseLine has just modified the itineraries of #NorwegianJoy as well. We exclusively receive the latest 2017 schedule of this new ship, which will only visit the ports in Japan, including Fukuoka, Nagasaki, Aburatsu (Miyazaki), Kumamoto, Kitakyushu, Kochi, Hiroshima, Kobe and Osaka. All the 2017 departures are chartered cruises which can only be booked through the Chinese travel agencies at this moment.

Edited by sjnyc323

DECK PLANS!

Two ways, this link takes you directly to the section I'm referencing if your browser will do it (I'm using Firefox and have a couple add blockers so it's just blank for me but goes to the site on Explorer) and is from Doug: https://m.ctrip.com/webapp/cruise/poi/ncl-joy/deckinfo.html

This way takes you to the main site and you need to scroll.

http://cruise.ctrip.com/poi/ncl-joy

Scroll down to the section just above the maps for the itineraries, It's got a white background and has this at the top of the section:

甲板导航

5层 6层 7层 8层 9层 10层 11层 12层 13层 14层 15层 16层 17层 18层 19层 20层

There is a blue button that says 查看甲板层详情

Click on that and it will pop up a window with the deck plans.

They have the buffet at the front of the ship on deck 16 and the fitness center is near the back by the elevators but the Galaxy Pavilion takes up the back of the ship. I don't know if they have a full spa on this one.

Edited by CoffeeGoddess
another link

I'm shocked by the size of some of the inside cabins. I wonder what their occupancy is and how they are marketed.

Looks like those are "concierge" class cabins. I bet they're marketing those as a step up from the regular but not the full Haven. Deck 15 forward has the "Concierge Lounge" so those rooms probably give you access to that. All speculation of course since I can't read Chinese.

DECK PLANS!

Two ways, this link takes you directly to the section I'm referencing if your browser will do it (I'm using Firefox and have a couple add blockers so it's just blank for me but goes to the site on Explorer) and is from Doug: https://m.ctrip.com/webapp/cruise/poi/ncl-joy/deckinfo.html

This way takes you to the main site and you need to scroll.

http://cruise.ctrip.com/poi/ncl-joy

Scroll down to the section just above the maps for the itineraries, It's got a white background and has this at the top of the section:

甲板导航

5层 6层 7层 8层 9层 10层 11层 12层 13层 14层 15层 16层 17层 18层 19层 20层

There is a blue button that says 查看甲板层详情

Click on that and it will pop up a window with the deck plans.

They have the buffet at the front of the ship on deck 16 and the fitness center is near the back by the elevators but the Galaxy Pavilion takes up the back of the ship. I don't know if they have a full spa on this one.

I used Chrome on a laptop and it translate the majority of it to English. Does show quite a few new things compared to the Escape. A Seafood restaurant for one and that it may have a rock wall as well.

Thanks. Makes no sense, her season seems to start in June 2017..

Will she be traveling westbound (Panama canal?) to China?

I think Joy heads out to Guam to off load the contractors and construction garbage, before returning to Asia to start the cruising season.

There is an US Naval Base there.

Joy will be heading to the Med (Rome, for instance), then Suez Canal to Asia.

Joy is doing sea trials right now in the North Sea.

I think Joy heads out to Guam to off load the contractors and construction garbage, before returning to Asia to start the cruising season.

There is an US Naval Base there.

Joy will be heading to the Med (Rome, for instance), then Suez Canal to Asia.

Joy is doing sea trials right now in the North Sea.

Why would a a US Navy Base care about a German built cruise ship registered in the Bahamas?

Has anyone seen Joy in MarineTraffic just now? She has been doing ballet - what a track! Max speed attained was 25.1 knots. In Skagerrak, between Norway and Denmark.

Don´t worry, that´s normal for the sea trials. They have to prove the ship is reacting properly in different situations/manuevers.

steamboats

• 2 weeks later...