Everything.. Norwegian JOY! Delivery spring 2017

FreestyleNovice

I wonder if there was any extra security when transiting the Gulf of Aden.

Joy is pretty fast and maneuverable, the slower cargo ships are probably a better target for the pirates. My guess would be no extra security, at least not the sandbags, barbed wire and fire hose action I assume! :)

I bet there is a 50/50 chance that the BA+ #4 due in 2019 will remain in China versus redeployed to the US. I think the market softening and the fact that the first Leo ship isn't until 2022 and pretty much every other brand is building new ships, NCL will redirect this ship to the good ole US of A. But who knows?

Ditto. But keep in mind that BA+ #4 is scheduled for fall 2019 and the first Leonardo class for somewhere in 2022, it's going to be some looong years after Bliss is in operation. :)

Wow, I didn't realize that "Leonardo" was so far away. For some reason, I had 2020 in my brain.

So, for the US, there's Bliss then nothing new from NCL until 2022 (assuming BA + #4 still goes to China). Everyone else is building new ships. I'm not brand loyal to any of them (trying MSC for the first time on Seaside and will book Meraviglia or possibly Meraviglia Plus in the future).

NCL needs to step up.

Edited by Two Wheels Only

I heard the ship after Bliss will also go to China

That's what we mean by BA Plus #4 (it doesn't have a name, yet). It's supposed to go to China just like Joy but if the market is weak and NCL won't have any other new ships until 2022, we are hoping that #4 will go elsewhere (and won't be built "China-specific").

That's what we mean by BA Plus #4 (it doesn't have a name, yet). It's supposed to go to China just like Joy but if the market is weak and NCL won't have any other new ships until 2022, we are hoping that #4 will go elsewhere (and won't be built "China-specific").

I agree

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

The news report about Joy raises more questions than answers.

What is the ship specially build for China and home port in China has to do with USCG inspection.

Why is it sitting in Guam for the next 3 weeks.

But the most important news missing is what is the booking like for Joy in the next few months.

934b407655a32a1a5e0c85c6a3d64a1d.jpg

Not sure if this is new and/or newsworthy - but an apparent mdr server being trained on the Joy shared a photo that all orders are now recorded on tablets.

Is that true on any of the other ships? If not, maybe the possibility of added efficiencies if and when it's introduced elsewhere?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Not sure if this is new and/or newsworthy - but an apparent mdr server being trained on the Joy shared a photo that all orders are now recorded on tablets.

Is that true on any of the other ships? If not, maybe the possibility of added efficiencies if and when it's introduced elsewhere?

That's only on Joy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Saw this on other cruise lines (RCI tried it on Quantum class ships but it never really worked out). If working it can accelerate the ordering process. And on the other hand the cruise line has more exact data of what is consumed which leads into more accurate ordering and less waste.

steamboats

I would be very surprised if the 4th ship after the Bliss still ends up going to China. Bookings are not where they want them to be, staffing issues etc. Sounds very similar to what NCL went through when they first launched Norwegian Cruise Line America.

I would be very surprised if the 4th ship after the Bliss still ends up going to China. Bookings are not where they want them to be, staffing issues etc. Sounds very similar to what NCL went through when they first launched Norwegian Cruise Line America.

Excuse me, are you the same person that work as a crew on the POA in its early years. Very loyal and objected to my postings then many times. Then you resign not long afterwards. What work do you do now and I see you are cruising as a pax quite often.

Excuse me, are you the same person that work as a crew on the POA in its early years. Very loyal and objected to my postings then many times. Then you resign not long afterwards. What work do you do now and I see you are cruising as a pax quite often.

I worked for them from 2006 until 2011 and left when I got a job offer on land I couldn't pass up on. I do quality assurance consulting for a hotel company. Interesting fact: the Pride of America is still the cash cow of the fleet with the highest returns. I don't think NCL will have the same patience with the Joy but we will see.

The news report about Joy raises more questions than answers.

What is the ship specially build for China and home port in China has to do with USCG inspection.

Why is it sitting in Guam for the next 3 weeks.

But the most important news missing is what is the booking like for Joy in the next few months.

Nay, Joy was in Guam for a couple of days and then headed west to China.

Nay, Joy was in Guam for a couple of days and then headed west to China.

Joy is heading for Shenzhen after visiting Qingdao. From Jun 16 it will do inaugural tours for stakeholders ( I read that as suppliers and contractors). Then for paying pax from Jun 26. Looks like an expensive start. But the most important fact is, what is their booking like for the next few months.

Surprised this isn't in Mandarin if it is from Joy. I assume all wait staff are native or fluent Mandarin speakers. Guess they are training on an American menu too. Doesn't look like Chinese breakfast foods.

Save

Joy is heading for Shenzhen after visiting Qingdao. From Jun 16 it will do inaugural tours for stakeholders ( I read that as suppliers and contractors). Then for paying pax from Jun 26. Looks like an expensive start. But the most important fact is, what is their booking like for the next few months.

Hong Kong Cruise Society shared a news video about Joy calling in Qingdao; https://www.facebook.com/HongKongCruiseSociety/