Everything.. Norwegian JOY! Delivery spring 2017

FreestyleNovice

With media on board for a "media inaugural" as it appears, someone won a cup on the go kart track. Not sure how many media are on board as CruiseCritic isn't..? And a Southampton stop would make sense to let on or off more media/shorter trips. Maybe NCL selected their media as this same person makes popular cruising videos.

Nope, no media inaugural. Just a few media people were invited for the trip from Eemshaven to Bremerhaven. At Bremerhaven there were more (mainly local) media people invited to tour the ship. BTW CC was onboard for trip to Bremerhaven. You will find some pics of the delivery ceremony here.

steamboats

Nope, no media inaugural. Just a few media people were invited for the trip from Eemshaven to Bremerhaven. At Bremerhaven there were more (mainly local) media people invited to tour the ship. BTW CC was onboard for trip to Bremerhaven. You will find some pics of the delivery ceremony here.

steamboats

Hm, I guess he is really uploading just a few ("old") pics per day;

Can someone explain what the giant interior cabins are? They look to be about 4 times the size of regular rooms.

I think they Concierge Family cabins. Extra large to hold multi-generational families which is very typical when the Chinese travel on vacations.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Some very neat features on the inside, some we would really like on features ships too I think! But let's not forget her good looks on the outside, with radar domes and forward mast installed. Taken a few days ago in the Eemshaven in Holland, before she set sail to Bremershaven in Germany for her delivery and the open seas;

17933979_415284648833900_715426227346735104_n.jpg

I agree. Easily the best looking Breakaway ship, I like the extra glass in the front and the new ducktail, not having the rope course makes the funnel stands out more too.

Can somebody explain to me why it will take another 1 month and 3 weeks for Joy to get to Shanghai.

According to the cruise schedule in Singapore shows that her next port of call is Guam....

any clue....??

http://www.mbccs.com.sg/index.php?select_vessel=&to_date_hidden=DD%2FMM%2FYYYY&from_date_hidden=DD%2FMM%2FYYYY&option=com_jumi&view=application&fileid=4&Itemid=117

According to the cruise schedule in Singapore shows that her next port of call is Guam....

any clue....??

http://www.mbccs.com.sg/index.php?select_vessel=&to_date_hidden=DD%2FMM%2FYYYY&from_date_hidden=DD%2FMM%2FYYYY&option=com_jumi&view=application&fileid=4&Itemid=117

Singapore to Shanghai is 7 sailing days. With the slight deviation to Guam it still means there is a period of almost a month not accounted for. Cannot imagine Joy would just be sitting in Guam for about 1 month.