Coral full transit Sept 23rd....Live? Maybe-Maybe not... Plus Photos

Colo Cruiser

Now this is a port that intrigues me (probably because we're going to be there in December). What do you plan to do onshore, Keith. You have an excursion planned?

Jim

Nothing as of yet. Think we will set up a tour with someone there at the pier if possible. We have not been there before.

Well we are underway after saluting the Crown as we are leaving. The Crown gave us the standard 3 blasts return! Gorgeous day with a few scattered clouds. Sitting on the balcony enjoying a Dos XX. Nice breeze. Signing off for now. :)

OK! That sounds perfect. Thanks for the posts! :cool:

Good Day from the beautiful Coral Princess 28 miles off the coast of Mexico.

Ran the Promenade 12 times. The breeze feels good especially when you pass through those vent areas with AC coming out. Its about 80f.

We will pass by Acapulco at 9:00pm this evening. We are clipping along at 21 knots or 24 mph. We have sailed 390 miles since leaving Cabo yesterday and have approx. 1100 miles to go got reach San Juan DS. We are experiencing 15-20 ft swells (head-on) however she is cutting right through them with little movement. We have s/e winds of 15-20 mph.

Capt. Binetti gives an update at 10:00am everyday in addition to the Noon updates by the OOTW. The Capt. said that we are heading into a TS this evening with sustained winds up to 50mph. So it will probably be a rough ride.

Last night I had the steak Diane (MR), and it was excellent along with some escargot.

Usually at day 3 I am consistently full. My intake slows way down. I will most likely skip lunch everyday. With all the wine/water/cappuccino/iced tea/lemonade etc etc etc, not that hungry very often.

Sabatinis is hosting Alfredo's everyday of the cruise except Oct 2nd at which time the MT luncheon will be held there. Hours are 11:30-2:00pm.

We are heading there as soon as I finish this post. I will “check it out bro”, which is what one of our Grenadian waiters used to say. LOL :D

Will try and check in later as long as I am not bouncing off the bulkheads if you know what I mean. :eek:

It's good they're using Sabatini's as Alfredo's Pizzeria at lunch...pizza only or the Royal/Regal's expanded menu?

With an El Niño year there's been a lot of tropical storms in the Pacific this summer. Hawaii has been affected by a record tying 11 tropical cyclones this summer & there's still 2 months remaining in the hurricane season.

Maybe more vino will help "smooth" out the rough seas for you? :p. I remember that after a month at sea in the Navy I needed some booze to be able to walk a straight line. ;)

Edited by Astro Flyer

Keith...here's the National Hurricane Center's forecast:

TROPICAL WEATHER OUTLOOK

NWS NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL

1100 AM PDT SUN SEP 27 2015

For the eastern North Pacific...east of 140 degrees west longitude:

The National Hurricane Center is issuing advisories on Tropical

Storm Marty, located a couple of hundred miles southwest of

Acapulco, Mexico.

1. An area of low pressure is expected to form over the next

couple of days from a surface trough located about 1000 miles

southwest of the southern tip of the Baja California peninsula.

Environmental conditions appear conducive for some development of

this system by the middle of the week while it moves slowly

northeastward.

* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...10 percent

* Formation chance through 5 days...medium...40 percent

image.jpg.3b12e383d733c814e7439b3811e5c3ff.jpg

The National Hurricane Center is issuing advisories on Tropical

Storm Marty, located a couple of hundred miles southwest of

Acapulco, Mexico.

Thanks for the weather update Frank. My dad and stepmom are on the ship. Luckily they are seasoned cruisers. Should make for an interesting ride tonight.

Thanks for the weather update Frank. My dad and stepmom are on the ship. Luckily they are seasoned cruisers. Should make for an interesting ride tonight.

I'm sure they'll have a great cruise...we had 20-25 foot seas & near hurricane force winds in the Tasman Sea and even very "mal de mer" prone Helena did okay. ;)

Edited by Astro Flyer

TS Marty…...

Good evening, we are in the midst of some really rough seas. For the past 6 hours winds have been sustained at 35-45 mph. Frequent gusts in the mid 50’s.20ft plus swells. The ship is pitching so stabilizers are not being utilized. This was verified by the Capt. in an announcement around 4:30pm as well as being told to secure any lose items in the cabins. Pools were emptied earlier this afternoon and all outside deck areas are off limits. There have been quite a few huge waves which cause that large bang/shudder.

This will carry on through the night as we altered our course closer to land in an attempt to minimize the weather impact. All should be much better by 6:00am This will not affect our arrival into SJDS.

I went to dinner by myself as the others were not feeling well. As expected the DR was half empty. I played it safe and had the AA salmon. Cherries Jubilee!! Yum.

As I sit here in the cabin typing this post it feels like its getting worse.

Anyhoo will try and check in tomorrow.

Good night….

PS.... Pub Lunch was next door in the Bayou at the same time as Alfredo's in Sabatini's.

Nice to see 2 offerings right next door to each other. Thats what I love about this ship! No lines and both places were quiet. ;)

Thanks for the update Frank. We are right in the thick of things it seems. :(

Edited by Colo Cruiser

Thanks for the update Keith. Cherries Jubilee sounds divine.

DH and I have been in a couple of bad storms while cruising. It was a good thing that we cleared the desk and the nightstands of all of the breakables. The waves were so bad that the desk drawers were slamming open and closed by themselves.:eek: Our cabin was near the bow, and I had to hang on to the mattress to keep from being bounced out of bed. No one was allowed outside, except for the crew, and they were wearing rope tethers to keep from being swept overboard. Luckily, it was only really bad for a couple of hours.

Good times! ;)

Hopefully hugging the coast results in better weather but the forecast shows the storm heading towards the coast. :eek:

I'm attaching smaller images to hopefully save you some minutes & let me know if you prefer larger images.

image.jpg.f7fcead5b548017845f67f3aa998f6ba.jpg

Edited by Astro Flyer

Hope all is ok!

With the National Hurricane Center saying there are maximum sustained winds of 70 MPH they must be rocking & rolling. I've read that cloud cover can adversely affect satellite communication so passengers may be unable to access the internet until they're clear of the storm.

Edited by Astro Flyer

With the National Hurricane Center saying there are maximum sustained winds of 70 MPH they must be rocking & rolling. I've read that cloud cover can adversely affect satellite communication so passengers may be unable to access the internet until they're clear of the storm.

I live in South Florida (close to Fort Lauderdale), so I am all too familiar with how that would feel on land - not good! But, but I can't imagine being on a ship. YIKES.

Edited by metairiegal

I live in South Florida (close to Fort Lauderdale), so I am all too familiar with how that would feel on land - not good! But, but I can't imagine being on a ship. YIKES.

Decades ago on the fringe of a western Pacific typhoon (a hurricane for you) it was so rough that water splashed onto the forward end of the aircraft carrier's flight deck which in calm conditions is over 5 stories above the water.

Good afternoon,

well we made it through the evening and by 6:00am as predicted things started winding down. Winds from the north at 10-20 now and the seas are much calmer. We are 15 or so miles off the coast and the TS is behind us. Just a gentle roll now. Arrival in SJDS still unaffected. The internet onboard was down all morning due to our location and I am sure lots of people on the internet.

Did 8 times around the promenade deck around 10:00.......

Just a lazy day the rest of the day. I just ordered a burger and some chocolate cake from RS. Have to offset my workout with something, eh. :D

2nd formal night tonight.

Later! :)

Edited by Colo Cruiser